This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr T

nursing homes
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:45:09 pm »
We got rained of today so when i got back home i got yellow pages out and phoned around 35 nursing homes asking if they would be interested in a quote.  I seemed to have touched lucky as i went and gave a quote to 3 in my area and i got them all every other other month.  Have to give 6 more quotes which is good.  Im going to be doing this more often, next up will be hotels.  My plan is to be out getting work every day rather than cleaning myself.  Easier said than done though.  Anyone else do this have this approach?

Ian Rochester

Re: nursing homes
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:56:20 pm »
Tags

Well done, nursing homes are notoriously hard to get and they generally want it done for next to nothing.

Advertising alone will not necessarily bring the work in, you need to be proactive and go out looking for it by either phoning, door knocking or other cold calling methods.

The bigger you get, the more people will know who you are, then when you call them they are more likely to take your call and accept your invitation of a no obligation quote.

The forcast is for rain for the next few days, if so by the end of the week you could have seriously increased the size of your business!

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 08:57:37 pm »
I would be worried if I got every quote I gave
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 09:03:21 pm »
I would be worried if I got every quote I gave

If they were at the right price, i would be happy :)

Depends how good a sales person you are i suppose

I know what you mean though :)

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:05:42 pm »
I'm have to say I am very good at sales, but still I would be worried if I got every quote, this would tell me either I am too cheap ior am just lucky and luck most of the time runs out quickly  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 04:18:37 pm »
We got rained of today so when i got back home i got yellow pages out and phoned around 35 nursing homes asking if they would be interested in a quote.  I seemed to have touched lucky as i went and gave a quote to 3 in my area and i got them all every other other month.  Have to give 6 more quotes which is good.  Im going to be doing this more often, next up will be hotels.  My plan is to be out getting work every day rather than cleaning myself.  Easier said than done though.  Anyone else do this have this approach?

Well done man, im going to be trying this approach or similar shortly too, only im going to aim for the b and b's locally.  Advertising doesnt seem to be paying off and more often than not its too expensive, even me driving my signed up van around doesnt seem to be generating any calls either.  Must be time of year but hey ill still have to keep pushing on and getting out there.
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'