Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

for all employers
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:18:33 pm »
i would like to know what percentage of theturnover your staff bring in do you pay in wages??

Lee Pryor

Re: for all employers
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:50:03 pm »
around 40%
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 08:54:59 pm »
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 09:01:30 pm »
id of thought so mate,

but depends on things like if your paying vat, what your overheads are?? If you have a property for work , and another runs from home, overheads much different and then the percentages are skewed in comparison

Gotta be quite high in window cleaning though!

Steve CM

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:05:30 pm »
i would like to know what percentage of theturnover your staff bring in do you pay in wages??

that sounds mighty confusing ???

Lee Pryor

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 09:05:44 pm »
my post was my answer the the asked question, what percentage do i pay an employee for the turnover they bring in.

example, if an employee brings in £1000.00 turnover a week i pay them £400.00 for that week.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:05:56 pm »
The answer will vary from employer to employer and depending upon what type of window cleaning they do.

Overheads are a big factor in any job.

Often employees will see that they are doing a job that is priced at say £100, however they may only be getting a small percentage of that and they think the rest is all profit for the employer, this is never ever the case.

Some jobs will have a good margin in them, others will literally cover costs only.

A window cleaner with a couple of lads working for him off ladders will generally have a good profit margin but a reasonably low turnover, these guys may pay out as much as 60% of turnover in wages.  However some of the big boys out there may have 100 guys working for them and work to a much lower margin but have a turnover into the £000,000's, there wages costs could be as low as 10-15% of turnover

ronnie paton

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 09:06:55 pm »
my brake down is 35% wages and 35% expenses, these are rough guides.

unfortunately when i start paying vat in a month or so i cant pass on my vat to at least half of my customers so my profits will diminish.

I just want to see what it compares to others.

Steve CM

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 09:08:53 pm »

i get the jist now from the other replys ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 09:11:20 pm »

little slow tonight Steve  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 09:12:05 pm »

the sentence read like one of yours no wonder you understood it

lmfao ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 09:14:52 pm »

the sentence read like one of yours no wonder you understood it

lmfao ;D
That is because I am clever, I can read my stuff and others, clearly you can't go back to bed roflmao

Sean Dyer

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 09:17:42 pm »
Ronnie, you going on flat rate vat?

I was readin up on this yesterday , is the figure for window cleaning 9%

and do you charge the vat to a client at 9% or 17.5 % ?? or (15% as it is right now) other wise you are profiting from vat or is that the idea?

and does that mean you cant claim vat too i suppose ?

(sounds confusing :)

Steve CM

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 09:19:48 pm »
That is because I am clever, I can read my stuff and others

hahaha - funniest thing i've heard all day ;D

ronnie paton

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 09:20:26 pm »
the reason i ask is i think i may be to controlling and demanding on what i expect from my staff(ie work load wise).

my only down fall at the moment in business is staff i need to have consistancy and reliability in staff has these are the businesses foundations and i think i may be to blame a little for A the aove  and B employing the wrong people.

i would love so info from people who have felt the same and had problems wth staff and how they overcome it.

i can not continue to grow if i feel i cant find the staff or keep the staff so all help is appreciated :)

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 09:22:15 pm »
the reason i ask is i think i may be to controlling and demanding on what i expect from my staff(ie work load wise).

my only down fall at the moment in business is staff i need to have consistancy and reliability in staff has these are the businesses foundations and i think i may be to blame a little for A the aove  and B employing the wrong people.

i would love so info from people who have felt the same and had problems wth staff and how they overcome it.

i can not continue to grow if i feel i cant find the staff or keep the staff so all help is appreciated :)
make bonus's worth         staying for and they will unless complete idiots that you should not be giving a job to anyway

Lee Pryor

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 09:28:09 pm »
people are lining up at the job centres mate, make it simple for your staff, if your late, unreliable, or dont do the job properly you will be gone in the blink of an eye. your not asking for much and its an easy job, remeber everyone is replacable.

ronnie paton

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 09:29:17 pm »
Ronnie, you going on flat rate vat?

I was readin up on this yesterday , is the figure for window cleaning 9%

and do you charge the vat to a client at 9% or 17.5 % ?? or (15% as it is right now) other wise you are profiting from vat or is that the idea?

and does that mean you cant claim vat too i suppose ?

(sounds confusing :)
sean i think its 11% but i hope its 9% you cn only claim vat back on expenss over £3k and you can only be on flat rate if your turnover is under a certain amount.

You charge full vat rate if you can but you only pay vat man the flat rate amount.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 09:43:37 pm »
i thought 9% becuase i couldnt find window cleaning in the list and it said, all other ones not mentioned 11%