Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

krave

What Ro unit..
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:52:52 pm »
Hey again, firstly want to say sorry for so many ?'s recently on the forum. But the more I am looking into getting a small waterfed pole system I am thinking about using it more and more!!

I am going to have a 1000ltr static tank at my home, but What is the best Ro unit to use?? I have looked at loads and loads of old posts but cant seem to see whats best. The merlin looks good, but at 7 parts waste (I was told) seems steep. is there not a unit that doesnt waste so much water? i think I would feel a bit bad using that much!!

Any help please guys. Thinking of ordering my set up next week!!

Probably will put a final shopping list up to confirm!!

Thanks again for everyones help. Just a bit complex recently with trying to take the business forward!!

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: What Ro unit..
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:55:02 pm »
HF5 40-40 RO filter with 2 pre filters From gaps water.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

krave

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:07:39 pm »
Whats so good about this? cant see any real spec on there site, just what people have said to them about it. Doesnt look like the other Ro units in the pic either, whaty else would be needed with this?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 07:30:44 pm »
a DI vessel, pump, tank, hose, and one 30ft pole and a battery.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 07:33:25 pm »
4040 saves a load of time each day messing about with water (this does not make money, just costs time)

when I started I went straight for the best and quickest way to make water, so glad I did as I bought the smaller ro units just so I could say I had tried them, and they did my head in.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

krave

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 10:25:33 pm »
Just that unit looks a bit different to what I have seen others look like. I have grasped how the other ones work, but the pic of this looks confusing, due to not having three chambers. The only pic I have seen is this one.

Is this all I need before the di and the tank etc is what I ment.... or is there more I need to get for the Ro,

Im new to this obviously and its all pretty big to grasp. This just looks like what would go in a housing for instance...

Scrap that, just seen they do a kit......

Wondering if this kit is maybe a bit overkill atm, not too sure?
Whats the waste on these like?

Whats a good ro unit, thats not £600 +++?

traps7

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 10:35:44 pm »

Sound advice. Speak to June at Gaps. That's what I did.

And buy an automatic water softener.

It still works out a cheap setup. If you try cut too many corners you'll regret it later IMO.

krave

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 01:58:52 am »
Ok, so I am thinking of going with the HF5 4040 kit.

which comes with

* Osmonics Desal AK4040TF low energy 4" x 40" membrane. <Replaced with HF5-4040
* Champ pressure vessel complete with tough 4" cobra mounting clamps.
* Pentek 3G filter housings with integral brackets (these housings come with Penteks lifetime guarantee).
* Industry standard John Guest fittings (ready assembled for easy fitting).
* Pressure guages so that you can monitor water pressure and when your filters need changing.
* TDS meter to monitor the water quality.
* Instructions for the setting up, running and maintenance of your RO system.
* High capacity branded pre-filters.
* Housing spanner.
* Hozelock fittings on inlet and outlets for easy installation
* Technical back up from our engineers.
I would produce water on board my van. With the possibility of a static setup in the near future.

Other items I would need would be,

Pump 100 psi
Battery
Tank 350/400l
Hose and reel 100m --- What hose is best?
Brush and pole
Di vessil --- Which one for this system?
What other filters do I need and what sort of hoses or connectors?

How can I control the flow or stop it from using water when off windows?

Any thing else I need on this list?

The reason I will be producing on board is to not go over my budget, when I was looking at the 200/300gpd units The money I was saving would have paid for transfer pump & booster pump.

When more money comes in I will make a static setup.

When reading I saw 98% reject water, what does this figure actually mean... Surely it cant only produce 2% pure water?
Will it be ok to produce on board my van, and will my tap pressure most likely be ok?

Think Im almost there lol.

krave

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 02:01:29 am »

Sound advice. Speak to June at Gaps. That's what I did.

And buy an automatic water softener.

It still works out a cheap setup. If you try cut too many corners you'll regret it later IMO.

Is this defo needed, my water is very hard, but thought the Ro unit does this. These look very expensive!

Or did you mean a Di vessil?

rg1

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 12:07:15 pm »

Which DI Vessel is needed to go with this?
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

traps7

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 05:45:11 pm »
Dude you really need to speak to June at Gaps water. She doesn't bite, is really friendly and will explain all your questions.

I would go static now if you're planning to in the future else you've got all the hassle of moving it around.

I would definatley get an automatic softener to protect the ro membrane. You could get a manual for around £150 but you risk doing what I did and putting salt through your ro unit during regeneration of the resin. It's not possible with an automatic. I had to buy a new membrane.

With regards to 98% rejection, no that doesn't mean just a 2% output of water. I remember asking June the same question. It just means it'll reject 98% of all minerals etc going into the ro unit. Most ro units with the exception of the top ionics system work on a 70/30 ratio in favour of the waste roughly.

You'll also need a DI vessel for the final polish.

You really should speak to June though.