This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lcwalker

Best place to buy a wfp system
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:06:46 pm »
After reading this forum it has convinced me to put the effort in and build my round up, as ive been a s/e gardener for 8 years i fancy a change, and as i do a few window cleaning jobs anyway i know what im doing but i am really considering going wfp as i live where theres lots of old house's and access is very hard to alot of windows.What i would need is a van set up with 2 poles as i work with my partner.thanks

lcwalker

Re: Best place to buy a wfp system
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:59:07 pm »
I forgot to add im in a hard water area does that make a difference?.

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:24:14 pm »
If you are in a hard water area you will need a system with Ro filtration.

Where to buy depends on your priorities, price? safety? distance? features?

lcwalker

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:29:30 pm »

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:37:07 pm »
250l will not be enough to supply 2 people. You will need a minimum of 650l for a days work. The price is however is reasonable but you will need to assemble all the components yourself and if you were to sourse all of those components seperatly you would likely find it cheeper.

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 11:41:40 pm »
Yes that isn't a bad price and that will get you up and running. You would also need to spend money on a leisure battery and a tank fixing kit. Around £200 for kit + garage to fit it.
So with that kit you're looking at the best part of 1k. That's pretty good.
Cleantech do the fixing kit.
http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=90

lcwalker

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 07:52:57 am »
Yes that isn't a bad price and that will get you up and running. You would also need to spend money on a leisure battery and a tank fixing kit. Around £200 for kit + garage to fit it.
So with that kit you're looking at the best part of 1k. That's pretty good.
Cleantech do the fixing kit.
http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=90

I would be fitting it all myself im quite handy that way surely a diy tank fixing kit could be made?

lcwalker

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 07:57:29 am »
250l will not be enough to supply 2 people. You will need a minimum of 650l for a days work. The price is however is reasonable but you will need to assemble all the components yourself and if you were to sourse all of those components seperatly you would likely find it cheeper.

How long would a 250 l last for 2 people i live in a central area to where im hoping to get ore work als my dads house is on route so i do have the option to refill.How much do you think i could save sourceing the components myself and where is the best place to get them?.thanks for all the help.

EandM

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 12:23:35 pm »
Try cleaningspot.co.uk

lcwalker

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 04:24:15 pm »
I keep reading ro systems and di resin vessels di i need both,im in a hard water area is someone could give me a pointer what filter systen i would need im starting to understand the other stuff but the filter part is confusing a bit so any help would be great a link to what i need would also be very handy thanks.

lcwalker

Robin Ray

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 05:35:50 pm »
That unit will produce up to 900l a day so should be ok, however it will be slow and will produce alot of waste.

How long would a 250 l last for 2 people i live in a central area to where im hoping to get ore work als my dads house is on route so i do have the option to refill.How much do you think i could save sourceing the components myself and where is the best place to get them?.thanks for all the help.

A rough guide for water usage is between 350l and 500l of water a day for one person working alone. So 250l could give two people about 2 hours however this will depend on the type of work.

You will not be able to stop off at your dads an top up unless you produce and store water there as the Ro unit will take a long time to top up your tank. You could however fill it alone using a Di filter.

Whatever you chose to do you will need to have both RO and DI as the RO filter as on the long term RO will only bring the TDS level of the water down to a certain level, the DI will take out the rest.

All the best

Rob

dd

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 06:28:12 pm »
I only use RO as the water comes out around 003-005. As long as it is below 010 you shouldn't need to use resin.

lcwalker

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 10:58:05 pm »
Hi im still abit miffed i reckon im going to have to go for a 500l tank what is the best way to produce your pure water fast how does a water fed pole system work exactly,from filling the tank to coming out the pole.If im going to set one up i need to understand the system.Also how long does it take ro filter the water?.

Ste M

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 11:36:31 pm »
lc, apart from re-searching and asking loads of questions on here, you can also phone one of the big companies or look into going to a road show, i went to the FWC one the other week and i got some invaluable info from there and went on to buy a backpack and this has given me a good insight into the WFP.

The other option i to ask on her for someone local who does WFP and offer your services free of charge for the day so they can show you everything you need to know.

i am now really getting into the WFP but working from a backpack can be slightly frustrating because of the small capacity, i know when i get a van i will be looking at about a 400L tank and that will do me for a full days work no problem

lcwalker

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 07:28:41 am »
What think think would help me most is if theres a link to a diagram of a wfp system, the problem i find with companies is that they try and sell you every thing even bit you can get away without.

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 07:42:44 am »
I thought you where looking into carpet cleaning?

Richard hydro

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 07:52:25 am »
Hi, Try this company Ct East on 01376 564096 speak to Graig

lcwalker

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 10:04:37 am »
I thought you where looking into carpet cleaning?

Well im trying to see what my best options are i have experiance in Gardening and trad window cleaning so im deciding whether i would be better off sticking to them as this moment in time as moneys tight.But being a trad w/c in this area can be tricky as when alot of the houses were built they weren't built very trad w/c friendly thats why im think of wfp, also theres a lot of lead my way im thinking if i go wfp it my give me the edge over the trads in my area.

lcwalker

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 10:09:51 am »
Hi ive been googleing wfp and i saw a website where a window cleaner filters his water in his garage and the fills up cans.Can it be dont this way then in my van i would only need pump and controller hose and pole and could just change over cans when i need to i wouldn't have to have the filter fitted in the van.