This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

UPVC cleaners
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:49:54 pm »
got first of our tennancy changeover cleans to do on wed this week and hoping it will lead to others :)
have used a solvent cleaner on upvc before on other jobs but this customer is not keen
he owns 14 other properties in my town and his brother owns another "dozen or so " ::) so as its first chance for me i shall respect his wishes ;)
anyway any tried and tested stuff that will really lift tired looking plastic ,is readily available without ordering online and not too aggressive or abrasive
cheers

Jonathan Spencer

Re: UPVC cleaners
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 07:51:31 pm »
I have been told Doktor Power is good stuff.  Not tried it so cannot vouch for it.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 07:52:52 pm »
Doktor power ! its all i will use now

is a jml product
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 07:54:45 pm »
I use siroflex solvent upvc cleaner.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 07:55:35 pm »
Ive used Doktor power does a good job Ive also used some stuff from focus think its thompson upvc cleaner in a silver bottle  and also mur polsih that did a good job too.

paul

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 07:57:52 pm »
I buy my Cream Cleaner from a local upvc window supplier. Std Siroflex Cream Cleaner about £2 a bottle. Also use Dockta Power from Asda, Poundstretcher etc.

With Cream cleaner I wet the frame rub cream cleaner with Green/White non scratch pads, (from Asda) leave for 5 mins then wash off. Really stubborn stuff I get the Dockta Power out. Don't use Solvents, seen a frame a lad did recently and there were large brown patches all over it.

Also use the Magic Sponge (Dockta Power)

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

wizard

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:46:56 pm »
I first introduced Dr Power to the forum and am please so many us it.I have found it also very good for water marks on  glass try is it works good.I dont use a scaper on glass for this problem only DR Power. Marks and stains on front doors instead of water on the sponge i US A LITTLE THICK BLEACH AND DR. POWER no good on paint work of a car.

Mike55

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 09:51:50 pm »
Is Dr Power safe to use on upvc in terms of it being non abrasive?  I have heard that some can damage UPVC over prolonged use.  I thought that good old soapy water is enough to get UPVC up normally?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 10:05:55 pm »
I will be stocking Siroflex soon, priced £3.49 per bottle.
will let you all know when it arrives.

Matt

bobby p

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 10:17:06 pm »
Cif     is ace on tired upvc .  apply it on a wet rag and rub hard . then wipe off and buff with scrim =v. good result

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 10:23:01 pm »
Cif     is ace on tired upvc .  apply it on a wet rag and rub hard . then wipe off and buff with scrim =v. good result

LOL Cif scratches the hell out of the plastic and makes it a nightmare to clean the second time around.

jonnyald

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 10:55:42 pm »
    i have found that CIF  cream cleaner  to be good on White pvc   but it sometimes takes 3 or 4 cleans to get a shiney result, not seen any scratches myself .

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 10:59:28 pm »
you wont see them as they leave lots of microscopic scratches all over the plastics. you may as well use scourers on the plastics too lol

wizard

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 04:26:54 am »
I us Dr Power on scuff marks not a total cleaner.for general use TRF I have used it for 6 month and see no damage.You do not need to rub ti hard.