This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pureandclean

Back to collecting during strike ?
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:22:30 pm »
Anyone planning to go back to collecting during the planned postal strike ?
I get approx 100 cheques a month through the letterbox, and waiting on one or two big ones.

Chris Cottrell

Re: Back to collecting during strike ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 07:30:59 am »
I'm going to encourage more to pay online with bank transfers

pingu

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 07:36:19 am »
If you really want to push the online banking option now is the time to get either your patter sorted out or a information sheet explaining your easy peasy lemon squeezy option.

Whats the worst...they'll put money into your account.

Cheers
Dave.

ian1972

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 10:41:07 am »
or they will put it in wen they feel like it not wen its due

Pureandclean

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:28:13 pm »
Friend of mine has just found out that many of his invoices have not been delivered by Royal Mail. He found out the hard way when his card was rejected after he had put £50 worth of juice in the motor.

ccmids

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 08:53:42 pm »
I'm going to encourage more to pay online with bank transfers
[/quote

what about chip&pin is that any good?

scud

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 08:55:58 pm »
  I have started from today leaving a bill explaining that I will be back to collecting and not running the postal payment for the time being.

I have been slowly getting customers taking up the internet banking for a while now, when I go out collecting I will have a word with each one to get them to move over to it.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 09:37:02 pm »
im mainly still collecting!many pay on the day,a few s.a.e to send a cheque.cancelled for now.cant be bothered with internet banking/paypal and the like.sounds like too much hassle.i prefer hard cash that i can see!! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 06:57:21 pm »
i am just carrying on leaving sae as normal its only 48hrs for pete sake

matt

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 07:57:32 pm »
i went collecting last week

came back with over 500 quid, some of them owed me a few cleans, they seemed fairly shocked to see me stood at the door

geefree

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 08:35:52 pm »
You must have a massive round Matt,

i dont have any who owe me before the next clean, it would drive me mad that. ;)

Pureandclean

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 09:35:23 pm »
Did an hours collecting, tonight, several already had the cheque in stamped addressed envelope - funny how the bills get delivered and yet not the cheques.
Makes a change having so much cash in the wallet.

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 09:54:07 pm »
You must have a massive round Matt,

i dont have any who owe me before the next clean, it would drive me mad that. ;)
you have none at all ?, I would say at least a hundred every month still owe, maybe more, no chance I will be collecting, it is hard enough finding the time to process cheques then bank them :(
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 10:05:58 pm »

came back with over 500 quid, some of them owed me a few cleans, they seemed fairly shocked to see me stood at the door

I bet I'd be if a service provider turned up at my door unexpectedly wanting cash ;)
Sussex by the sea

Dave Turley

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 09:22:20 am »
i've done an information sheet explaining that i'm switching to internet banking where possible. 3 more days strikes next week swung it for me!

pingu

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 09:33:07 am »
Internet banking has got to be the way to go...it's so easy. Now is the time to sow the seeds.

Cheers
Dave.

matt

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 10:40:21 am »

I bet I'd be if a service provider turned up at my door unexpectedly wanting cash ;)

most send cheques, i have a area thats mainly older people, they like to pay in person ( not the post ) so they have my address if they are moving etc, BUT i collect from them on the odd occasion ( they are normally in the next time i clean anyways )

its nice to stay in touch with the customers aswell

but this time i went around about 2/3rds of my round collecting

matt

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 10:40:59 am »
but hey, still nice to return with over 500 ( mostly cash )

combat1

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 11:29:51 am »
I will have to go out collecting, which is a real pain as we juggle looking after our baby between us, I can see an early night swap over coming.
All my customers have got used to paying by SAE and its worked a treat. There are very few which I have to chase and those who are persistent bad payers get replaced and then dropped.
How does one go about setting up internet banking? this could be an answer and now would be a good time to introduce it.
Does anybody currently do it and how effcient is it?

Pureandclean

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 01:08:47 pm »
If you have a website, then just set up a page for payments. Arrange a Paypal account, drop the html code on the page and there is a button for the customers to click on. That takes them to the Paypal site and everything is done automatically, you receive a confirmation email that cusomer has paid.

If you don't have a website, but you get around your round on time, then set up Direct Debit payments, for the agreed amount each month.
We can't get round on time so are unable to go that way.

I do have some customers that want to pay by Bank Transfer and as long as they put there address on, that is ok as well, but have to keep your eye on the bank statements.