Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bennymon

leaflet distribution
« on: May 25, 2005, 12:55:59 pm »
hi could anyone help i need a decent company to put out my leaflets at a reasonable price cheers  :) :) :) :) :)

Adrian Makel

Re: leaflet distribution
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 01:01:27 pm »
Which area are you in?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 01:26:19 pm »
Start your own.  Use your sales skills and cntact other tradesmen who require leaflets distributed.

Then recruit a reliable team to distribute leaflets.

Set Targets those who cannot distribute 100 plus an hour sack

bennymon

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 03:28:27 pm »
im in guildford :)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 09:37:34 am »
Bennymon,

Do a search on leaflets and you will find lots of reply's.

I have my own distribution people , it takes a bit of effort but you have much more control.

The Royal Mail do leaflets but there is a letter in our local rag from UKIP , bemoaning the poor delivery of election leaflets.

Free papers will also deliver but I found responses very poor when I used this method.

Hope this helps

p.s I have deleted the smiley only posts as we discourage this as it just fills the forum up .

Cheers,

Doug

john rees

leaflets
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 10:11:09 am »
try www.dor-2-dor.com They seem to be national(franchise)
hope this helps
                       john
john

Adrian Makel

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 10:37:39 am »
the cheapest and most reliable leaflet distributers are without a doubt the people i use.They are called
family and friends,they won`t let you down ;D ;D ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 10:53:23 am »
Adrian,

My daughter dumped the leaflets she was supposed to be delivering in an alley. :o

I don't use any 'kids' now too unreliable :(

Cheers,

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 12:13:21 pm »
The best way I have found even if you are paying people is to actually go with the leaflet distributors.

I find three plus me works the best.

That way you keep control and avoid dumping.

I know you could be cleaning.

Hopefully one day might find someone to trust who can supervise.

jacko

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 11:39:45 pm »
Hello guys - been off line for a month due to house move and problems with my service provider. Lots to catch up on here!

I typically get 1% take up of jobs on my leaflets, but normally to busy to get them out.

I am trying to recruit someone to do this - main concern for me is getting them dumped. So i am offering £25 per thousand delivered plus 5% commission on jobs arising within one month.

Lets say it takes 10 hours to deliver, and i get 10 jobs at average invoice value of £105 - associate will earn £77.50 (£7.75 per hour)

However as we all know this method of marketing is very erratic. Example: Put 250 out 2 weeks ago and got 3 jobs but worth only £150. At the same time a mate did 250  and i got 2 jobs worth £130. Good response rate but poor value. Last week i put out 400 and so far Zilch!  sometimes i get calls months later. the best one a call in May from a delivery last July!

Does anyone else recruit their own team - and what do you pay them?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 07:08:46 am »
Jacko,

I pay £5 an hour to anyone who helps with Marketing.

Leaflets, Door Knocking, Telephone Canvassing.

However it is on an as and when basis. As I still have to be with them.

Glad to see you are back

But still puzzled by your 1% return not disputing it just puzzled and wish I could achieve that.

Regards

jacko

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 08:48:37 am »
Hi Ian

I think the good return rate is partly down to the timing of the delivery:

* Never on Fridays - local free paper (full of fliers) is delivered and most people chuck them straight in the bin without looking.

*Deliver in the evenings to houses where families are likely to be at work all day. This way flyer does not get caught up with the post sitting on the mat.

In other words my objective is to get my flyer deliverd to the doormat  ON ITS OWN.

Paul Phillips

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 10:14:46 am »
All,

I'm interested in this topic as I need to get someone to do my leaflets.
Can we start a discussion on the type of people to emply to do the leaflets??

Would you say the ideal leaflet dropper wold be

Male or Female?

Employed or unemployed.
I'm thinking Female over 25 a kid or two at school - deliver leaflets while kids are at school.

Payment - £20-£25 per 1000, plus commision for jobs won at around 5%

Thoughts?

Paul
Resolve Services UK Ltd.
Covering Gloucester and Cheltenham

Chris Bailey

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 03:31:52 pm »
I employ a company to deliver 5K a week at £35 per thousand

For the first month I was having serious doubts about this method as the number of calls was very poor.

I'm into my second month and started recovering the same area two weeks ago, the phone has not stopped ringing!!!!!!!!

Last week alone I looked at 15 jobs.... ok perhaps still not a great response but I am stacked out with work and I am taking bookings for the end of July ;D

So what's it going to be like when we recover the area for a 3rd time??

Moral of my storey is:  which ever way you distribute leaflets, bite the bullet and be patient, recover your area every month.

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

Matt Read

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 03:47:16 pm »
i haven't done leaflets for years...since i started out really,was just wondering if an incentive helps...ie book before end of july and get 10 % discount...or is that considered too unprofessional and too close to bait and switch ?
Matt

Martin S

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 03:55:41 pm »
Chris,

£35 is that solus? Are they a local co' or national?

Regards.
Martin

Len Gribble

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 07:34:48 pm »
Called on a lady this afternoon thought it was from my current advertising don’t do leaflets this time around, but did do some last year she kept it what a big surprise.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 08:04:35 pm »
jacko well done. funny when i tell them 1% on this forum they all say its not done. you know and i know it is done. what they dont know is how to do it. dont give too many secrets away. or else they will all be at it.AND MAYBE TAKE SOME OF OUR 1%.LET THEM STEW; PLEASE. :-X
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 09:19:28 pm »
Jacko you don't just do solus you do 'timed' solus! it's far better as you are getting the letter box to rattle at the right time with only 1 leaflet at a time when some people want to sit down and relax and watch anything on TV or read anything just to unwind.

Congratulations

Shaun

jacko

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 10:42:26 pm »
Ron, Shaun, appreciate your comments - thanks.

Funny enough i had a call today from a drop i did last July! Did the quote tonite and it was for 110 SqM of carpet (4 Bed house) - all booked up for 2 weeks time.

Though still not had a call from the 400 i did last week!