Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jukelook

victorian terreace with Ground floor bay
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:39:18 am »
Hi Still unsure of what ladders to buy ,I am thinking of leaflet dropping a lot of Victorian terraces that have a front ground floor bay window ,now i would have to pitch the ladder above the first floor window and clean first floor window from behind the ladder ...if you see what i mean.
anybody any tips on how to clean these/what ladders
or should i avoid getting these jobs
thank you

bobby p

Re: victorian terreace with Ground floor bay
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 09:44:22 am »
id just pitch my ladder on the top of the bay and pole the upper window from there,using a smallish telescopic pole . those type houses are nice to do, have character too . 

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:44:47 am »
If you are going to use ladders, buy some double pointers(window cleaners) ladders they are about £200, they are designed specially for window cleaners, they are also safer than standard ladders.
However they do need getting use to.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

jukelook

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 09:47:35 am »
hi thats for the speedy reply ...with the pole method how do you do it exactly.
am i right in saying you applicate,scrim the top edge ,squeegy then scrim again  for detail ???
thank you

bobby p

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:02:35 am »
applicate first but dont touch the very top edge  . then squegee using a swivel squeegee  on the pole .  then drape scrim on the tip of pole and run it round the edges . the Quickie pole that i use is a 3 part tele and very light it is . i got mine in  B and Q  , I  left mine somewhere a few months ago and almost bought a new one (theyr 15 quid now) but i managed to retrace my steps and a customer had left it out for me . the quickie pole has a nifty quick way it locks  and it doesnt messup

jukelook

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 10:04:33 am »
thanks bobby

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 10:40:18 am »
i tend to put the ladder so its on an angle at the side of the window rather than above iwould recommend get some safety feet for ladder also

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 11:11:46 am »
i tend to put the ladder so its on an angle at the side of the window rather than above iwould recommend get some safety feet for ladder also
id corner the ladder into the side of the window

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 05:59:48 pm »
thats what i mean't stan

martinsadie

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 07:08:20 pm »
thats what i mean't stan
sorry i thought you were on the wall next to the window,i sometimes use that method  ;D

jukelook

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 09:33:21 pm »
Stan said "corner the ladder into the side of the window"...please help how exactly do you do this without an A frame ladder ...do you pitch the ladder so your top rung is against the brickwork and window frame ???
sorry if its a dumb Q

thanks

martinsadie

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 08:07:45 pm »
Stan said "corner the ladder into the side of the window"...please help how exactly do you do this without an A frame ladder ...do you pitch the ladder so your top rung is against the brickwork and window frame ???
sorry if its a dumb Q

thanks
forget the rung,one side is in the recese on the brick next to the frame the other side is on the outside wall,if you do this on normal houses when it is windy it is safe because there is nowhere for the ladder to move