Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Heat!
« on: October 17, 2009, 07:20:44 pm »
Just thought i would throw this question out to all you portable users.
I am using a Ninja with a V2 Steamate built in heater, which produces good results using 50 ft of hose it still produces steam at the business end, what i was wondering was, if i dont use the steamate for instance when i use my upholstery tool as advised by Ashbies the heat that comes out is very poor it can only be because of the 50ft run and it cooling down between the machine and wand.
I wondered if the other guys  experience this problem its very hot in the tank, so hot you cant put your hand in it but not when it comes out the wand, i know not all the machines use an inline heater so how are you all getting hot water where you want it and which machines are capable of this performance without "ad ons"  i heard of the cfr perfect heat but what others are there if i was looking for another machine "not Ashbys" as i dont find them that good the machines great its very tough and powerful,but thats where it ends!!

richy27

Re: Heat!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 07:25:17 pm »
i have a powerflite perfect heat and find it produces a good heat at the wand at 50 ft , if for instance i equire more heat i put hot water in the tank and it produces even more heat. at 25 ft it has even more heat at the wand obviously.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 07:28:39 pm »
Hi Jim

What psi are you running at and what is the make of the solution hose you are using. What I mean is if you are running at lowish psi then the water will cool considerably as it will with the lower quality solution hoses.

Pete

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:33:21 am »
Presumably you're using the same solution hose for carpet cleaning as you do for upholstery cleaning, so it stands to reason that it's nothing to do with the solution hose. There may be a small filter on the end of the upholstery tool or behind the jet which may be blocked, or partially blocked.
Simon

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:47:34 am »
Hi Jim

If you are using a jetless upholstery tool then the flow will be constant and therefore the water will remain hotter but if you are using a trigger based tool then the water will remain in the hose for longer therefore cooling quicker.

Pete

iain.t

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 11:33:48 am »
If your using there Kleenrite handtool, where the solution hose runs inside the vac hose the constant air flow over the solution hose cools the water considerably, no matter how hot the water in the tank it comes out cold from the jet. You can take the Kleenrite hand tool apart and fit another hose over the solution hose this gives it added insulation or use a hand tool with an external jet and have constant hot water coming out.
IICRC regisetered.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 12:54:40 pm »
Jim,
Just as thought, you are running the hot water through to the tool first before starting to clean?

Simon

Doug Holloway

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 01:02:17 pm »
Hi Jim,

Heat is key to obtaining good results on upholstery so it's management is important.

I would run the pump with the hand tool spraying into the solution tank for a couple of minutes before starting cleaning, this ensures all the parts heat up and there is much less heat loss when you start cleaning.

Cheers

Doug

clinton

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 01:07:43 pm »
Jim

A good tip is spec when you are cleaning upholstery is try and have an empty bucket near you and  say every 5 mins or so spray some  water from the hand tool into it and that way will help getting hot water through..

JandS

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 06:19:35 pm »
Jim

I have the same machine and set up.
I do what Clinton says.
Before starting I spray back into the tank for about a minute ( more for 50 foot runs)
When I start on the cushions I spray into bucket till hot, wet pass the cushion, dry pass the
cushion then get the next one and spray into bucket till hot water's coming out and start the
process again.
Takes longer to get hot water than using a wand 'cos your not spraying a fraction of the output
of a wand.
You won't have a problem with heat loss in solution hose if you have the Steamate 'cos it comes
with fully insulated solution hose.
Just a word about the Steamate, now and again when switching from tank heater to Steamate
I get it tripping the electrics and have to revert to normal hot water.
Maybe happens once in every 15 jobs but the other day it did it 2 jobs in a row.
You had that problem??

John

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

brianbarber

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 07:15:04 pm »
With regarding steam mate tripping. I had this few times, it turned out I had a minor water leak which meant it kept tripping when I switched the steam mate on.
Thank god for modern trip fuses, as in the old days I may have fried!!!

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

JandS

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 01:09:34 pm »
Think it's just the electrics in certain houses with me.
Inside is as dry as a bone.
Great bit of kit though.
Did a EOT on Friday black once cream carpet, came up brilliant.
And why, when it trips, can I guarantee that it will be a wire change
fuse not a trip switch.
Carry fuse wire with me now.

John

james roffey

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 01:11:57 pm »
I am using a Kleenright tool maybe that was the wrong choice, some interesting ideas about running into a bucket until it gets hot i would say the best temp i get is warm, never hot.
One sofa in particular i cleaned i was struggling so i attached the stair tool turned on the steamate and gave that a go just to see if it made any difference, it did.
I am running the machine at 125 psi and heating the water in the tank to max temp which is bloody hot it runs along a fully insulated hose i think the fact i am not using it constantly is what is causing the temp loss i suppose on one application i use whats sitting in the hose getting cold.

james roffey

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 01:14:47 pm »
Jim

How do you find Ashbys ? i dont trust them to service my machine without ripping me off

I have the same machine and set up.
I do what Clinton says.
Before starting I spray back into the tank for about a minute ( more for 50 foot runs)
When I start on the cushions I spray into bucket till hot, wet pass the cushion, dry pass the
cushion then get the next one and spray into bucket till hot water's coming out and start the
process again.
Takes longer to get hot water than using a wand 'cos your not spraying a fraction of the output
of a wand.
You won't have a problem with heat loss in solution hose if you have the Steamate 'cos it comes
with fully insulated solution hose.
Just a word about the Steamate, now and again when switching from tank heater to Steamate
I get it tripping the electrics and have to revert to normal hot water.
Maybe happens once in every 15 jobs but the other day it did it 2 jobs in a row.
You had that problem??

John

JandS

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 02:05:34 pm »
Run it at about 300psi and it stays hot, quick burst into bucket every time you stop.
At that psi it only takes 10 - 15 secs.
Never tried using Steamate with hand tool, does it work??

John