Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lcwalker

Running 2 wfp's from a van
« on: October 17, 2009, 06:55:41 pm »
I have a few window cleaning jobs that me and my partner do the traditional way, but after reading on here regarding wfp's im wondering would i be better off making the switch over.It would help me as my partner doesn't do ladder work she does the down stairs i do the up, also there are a few windows that i cant get to.But what i would like to know could i get or diy make a wfp system that runs 2 hoses and poles would one 100psi pump run 2, im quite new to imformation regarding wfp's but after reading on here im getting interested in them a diagram would help as i would be fitting one in my van if i decide to change also prices would help thanks.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: Running 2 wfp's from a van
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 07:01:59 pm »
Yes one Pump can feed 2 poles and 2 hoses, all you need extra is a couple of jubilee clips and a y or t piece, going from the outlet hose on the pump to the 2 hose reels.
you will have to run the pump twice as high to compensate feeding 2 poles.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 07:08:25 pm »
Spot on MB ;D
You can't polish a turd

lcwalker

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 03:29:38 pm »
Yes one Pump can feed 2 poles and 2 hoses, all you need extra is a couple of jubilee clips and a y or t piece, going from the outlet hose on the pump to the 2 hose reels.

Hi i have asked pure freedom to give me a quote to run 2 poles from a system they are selling on ebay, and they say i need an additional pump, controller, aswell as the hosereel and pole this differs from what you said or are they trying to just sell me what i dont really need.I would have to agree with you if the pump is a 100 psi i would have thought it could run 2 and the controller would just up the pressure basically doubleing what i need for 1 pole that seems logical.

Matt

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 03:34:38 pm »

Hi i have asked pure freedom to give me a quote to run 2 poles from a system they are selling on ebay, and they say i need an additional pump, controller, aswell as the hosereel and pole this differs from what you said or are they trying to just sell me what i dont really need.I would have to agree with you if the pump is a 100 psi i would have thought it could run 2 and the controller would just up the pressure basically doubleing what i need for 1 pole that seems logical.

Matt

It is best to have 2 flow controllers and 2 pumps as the life time of the pump will be longer with a pump for each operator.
but you could run it my way for a few months, and then when you have enough work for 2 people to work fulltime then get the second flow controller and pump.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

lcwalker

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 03:49:51 pm »

Matt

It is best to have 2 flow controllers and 2 pumps as the life time of the pump will be longer with a pump for each operator.
but you could run it my way for a few months, and then when you have enough work for 2 people to work fulltime then get the second flow controller and pump.

Matt

Thanks for that matt i surpose they advise the extra pump and controller for the reason if a pump did have a problem and you told them you were running 2 pole from 1 pump the guarentee probably wouldn't be valid. But like you said start off your way as it is the cheaper option to set up thanksagain.

traps7

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 04:43:47 pm »
Would he need another battery or does he run the two pumps and controllers off the one?

geefree

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 06:29:31 pm »
dont forget to have your hose reels the exact same length or you will have one pole on low water and one on high.... thats what i did...
60m and 100m  ;D

i should think the pump and controller will be fine,

i run one pole/hosereel at the moment, and i worry that its underworking, it purrs away on number 3, and it sounds ready for turning off its that low.

feel like giving it a good run out. ;D

darragh windows

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 07:29:47 pm »
this is how i run my system one pump and one varistream and have done for two years as gazzasp8 said make sure you hose is the same length i run 2 60 metres
jamie

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 07:46:28 pm »
Would he need another battery or does he run the two pumps and controllers off the one?

my vans have 2 pumps to controllers, one battery

the good thing about having two of each is when one breaks and trust me it will, you then have a backup till new arrives.

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 09:05:05 pm »

the good thing about having two of each is when one breaks and trust me it will, you then have a backup till new arrives.

when i build a 2 man system i am planning to run each of a battery seperate as they will run longer and if one goes, there a spare :)

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 09:12:59 pm »

when i build a 2 man system i am planning to run each of a battery seperate as they will run longer and if one goes, there a spare :)
I carry a spare battery, it is in the van to make it start  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 11:22:12 pm »
2 pumps may drain just one battery in a long day though, so i figured no harm in having 2 fully charged up each one just runing one pump

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 10:54:27 am »
We've been running two 2 50m, 12.5mm hoses from one 100psi pump for about four years now with no problems at all. Infact when the system first went in we ran them both from a single 60psi pump and no problems with that either ;D

Even adding extension hoses to the fixed ones isn't a problem.
Come and talk dirty to us!!!