Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Daria Taylor

advertising
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:08:00 pm »
a little bit off topic question, but i'm just deciding on ways to advertise and one of the chosen methods is small local directories, i had phoned few and prices + number of households they cover vary, so just thought i will ask here how much you guys pay monthly for what size and how many households they do , also what you would consider asa good price if a directory only covers 8000 homes.

I just had advert put in small local journal an we pay 50 a month for half a page but it only covers 3000 homes, although for that money i cant complain. 

SteveAllan

Re: advertising
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:22:19 pm »
Im paying about the same for a 3000 coverage. I also do 2 others that do 8900 @ £57 and 12000 @ £69. Local church ones are good as well. I have a couple of them they cover about 1000 each but only £17 for the year - bargain.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 07:23:51 pm »
a little bit off topic question, but i'm just deciding on ways to advertise and one of the chosen methods is small local directories, i had phoned few and prices + number of households they cover vary, so just thought i will ask here how much you guys pay monthly for what size and how many households they do , also what you would consider asa good price if a directory only covers 8000 homes.

I just had advert put in small local journal an we pay 50 a month for half a page but it only covers 3000 homes, although for that money i cant complain. 

we pay £33+vat per month 1/4 full colour add in A5 Book 4,000 - 11,000 house holds

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 07:28:17 pm »
Full page A5 full colour - 5000 homes £ 88 per month, always pays for itself and then some.

Steve

derek west

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:28:54 pm »
it matters not how much it costs as long as your getting a return, i'd pay £1000 for 1000 delivered if i got 20 jobs, if you get where i'm coming from.

monitor your calls and you can't go wrong, give it a go and if calls coming in cover cost of add + a bit extra then its working. monitor seasonally for more acurate costings.

well thats what i does anyhoo's :)

derek

Daria Taylor

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 08:00:46 pm »
Derek: yes i know i understand what you are saying, we have a website andmost of business comes from there,and it hardly cost us anything, then we did leafleting but didnt get great return, as well as direct mail and got good return from them,so i thouh we try different approaches i.e local papes etc.

To rest: most of you guys seem to be lucky with prices as we dnt have prices round here no where near as what you all paying. We only got one directory (other than the one we are already in) and this is what they charge:

1/8 page £59 but if you go in more than one book the price is £49 1/4 page £118 again more than one £99 1/2 page £234 but £198 more than one bookFull page £466 but £395 more than one book ordered.

In total there are 4 books covering 15-22.000 homes each north east, north west, south east and south west.Prices are excluding VAT  :o

Other one is covering 8000-1200 homes and thats  in other town and they chag about 20 percent less then those listed above.