Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phillip Mold

Re: Trade is shocking.
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 06:52:10 pm »
I know how you feel, its awful.

Just lost my day off for next week owing to being too soft hearted to say no to another job. Sales up 16.7% against last year for this year to date. Had to cancel the leafletting for August September and October, wish I had a bit more chill out time, even my footie watching time is in danger.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Daria Taylor

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 06:59:56 pm »
been a good year so far.............have had a few dickheads though
one woman stated. "ooh no you are WAY OUT with your pricing, and when i asked  what the other company was charging, she wolud'nt say.........this is despite giving her a 20% discount
so i told her i believe that my pricing is right and the other company is WAY TO CHEAP!
but that said, october has been really busy..and most of the work is repeat and recommends..so despite what she say..all my customers are WAY SATISFIED!

some people are just like that, we had woman ringin us up, asking how much is told be to have end of tenancy 2 bed house cleaned pretty bad condition , so we said 200 that including carpet cleaning of landing and stairs, she said that was way 2 expensive and agency gave her price of 30 pounds up front then 4 hours for one person at 8.50, when i said we will not be able to compete with that she had cheek to ask i we would come and do the stairs for 20 pounds.

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 07:04:39 pm »
I love the ones who say 'But the last guy did it for £X'

When was that? Five years ago

Why didn't you call him?   He's gone out of business/He was crap/The inland revenue found his diary.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 08:29:24 pm »
I'm up 4% on sales so could be my best year yet!

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 08:53:54 pm »
Hi Peter,

It sounds like you need to do something about your credit control, especially on commercial jobs, where the invoice value may be attractive, but if your not getting paid quickly you could end up with one hell of a cash-flow problem with the added risk that some may default on you or go belly up.
I'm sure you have, but have you thought of altering the way you quote for jobs? Instead of just having one price for the job and have two, even three. The highest price is for payment beyond one month, the next for payment within 28 days and the lowest for payment on completion. When people see how much they are saving by paying now, they often take that option.
Just a thought, hope it helps.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 09:14:14 pm »
16.7%
4%
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

sorry, just find it amusing, its my childish nature (after all, i am a boy amongst men ;D ;D ;D) and 7 cans of kroney,

beau paaaaaah

derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 09:46:39 pm »
Got to know your figures Derek!

Now how many cans is that?

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 10:01:11 pm »
my figures?, this month i'm down a bit on last month, well a lot actually, but last month was a lot better than this month.

as for percentages. well tonight i'm up 1% on last night, but thats cos i'm drinking kronenberg compared to fosters which is only 4%, kronenberg being up 1% at 5% , thats due to the pcal year end. shares are up cos my mates not round nicking a few cans like he normally does.

so to some up, i'm talking bo11ocks.

nothing new there then, same old me just with higher percentages.

derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 10:07:00 pm »
I understand but will your missus when she's asking those womanly questions in morning, "what time did you go to bed last night?" and "why didn't you tidy up before you came to bed?" etc

Shaun

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 10:08:16 pm »
I'm not doing as well as Derek, I'm at 4.5%.... But I like the refreshing taste of Bulmers Pear Cider.... Cheers ;)

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 10:09:45 pm »
Whats the saying...
Lies, damned lies and statistics.
Number of times this topic comes up and for every person who says it's gone quiet another pops up with 'best month ever.'
BTW Derek......that's a classic reply ;D

my figures?, this month i'm down a bit on last month, well a lot actually, but last month was a lot better than this month.

as for percentages. well tonight i'm up 1% on last night, but thats cos i'm drinking kronenberg compared to fosters which is only 4%, kronenberg being up 1% at 5% , thats due to the pcal year end. shares are up cos my mates not round nicking a few cans like he normally does.

so to some up, i'm talking bo11ocks.

nothing new there then, same old me just with higher percentages.

derek

derek west

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 10:25:21 pm »
can't believe my p1sscal year end joke was censored.

cider??????????????????????

oh yeah, cornwall ;D or were the wurzels from norfolk? dya know, i've not got a bloomin clue.

derek, hic, just hit 40% if all added up. slowing down now, just going to watch ong bac 2. tony jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

derek (again)

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 10:31:14 pm »
Norlfolk in the South West, that's us ;D

derek west

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 10:44:35 pm »
i knopw where norfolk is, just not sure where the wurzels were from.

derek

just off to practice my back flip round house. ;D tony jaaaaaaaaaa is amazing

robert meldrum

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 08:35:22 am »
Neil

You took the words right out of my head.............but I decided not to post at the time. Another well known phrase might be, Empty barrels make the most sound.

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009, 08:56:22 am »
Victor ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2009, 09:32:04 am »
Morning Ryan

Victor ????

Ricky M

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 02:38:32 pm »
In the 1st 7 months Ive done as much as I did last year and a bit.
got a nice break from this Tue - Thurs to do some marketing and a nice chill before the xmas rush.
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??