Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

Re: backpack
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 07:00:08 pm »
re: shurflo backpack,

just wondered is shurflo up to the job using it all day long as 40 psi pump and will it pump upto say 30 ft o.k

been using wcw back pack for 3 weeks now as battery died on my freedom trolley.

I'm very impresses especially with price,has 80 psi pump :o  i'm not disputing that shurflo is better just have them couple of questions, and also heard some people say shurflo is plauged with problems?
(not looking for a row ;D)

i'm so impressed with this backpack lark i can see freedom trolley being converted to a makeshift van mount system with the barrels, but i think trolley would be better for con roofs, as would be a lot of filling from barrels.

oh-yeh anyone set up a pump in van to fiil up back pack quick?

seen jouks method 15 sec fill very good, (drink dispenser 20ltr bottles)
how do you load these on van; as my barrels can be stacked 2 on sack truck and wheeled and loaded on van.

thanks all
lee (sorry to hijack post ;))

hopefully all benefit. :)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 07:04:15 pm »
cheers glyn might go for the 35ltrtrolley

tacky

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 07:29:46 pm »
wcw backpack .buy trolley bout £20 = £120

Sean Dyer

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 08:39:39 pm »
shurflo is a good buy :)

tacky

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 08:47:37 pm »
true

LWC

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 09:59:23 pm »
re: shurflo backpack,

just wondered is shurflo up to the job using it all day long as 40 psi pump and will it pump upto say 30 ft o.k

Yes fine

been using wcw back pack for 3 weeks now as battery died on my freedom trolley.

I'm very impresses especially with price,has 80 psi pump :o  i'm not disputing that shurflo is better just have them couple of questions, and also heard some people say shurflo is plauged with problems?
(not looking for a row ;D)

No probs here.

i'm so impressed with this backpack lark i can see freedom trolley being converted to a makeshift van mount system with the barrels, but i think trolley would be better for con roofs, as would be a lot of filling from barrels.

oh-yeh anyone set up a pump in van to fiil up back pack quick?

Tank and a sub pump would do that, although i just carry barrels and fill up with them

how do you load these on van; as my barrels can be stacked 2 on sack truck and wheeled and loaded on van.

How do you mean?

thanks all
lee (sorry to hijack post ;))

hopefully all benefit. :)

lee_dewing

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 10:39:18 pm »
thanks lwc.

How do you mean?
just meant my barrels are flat on sides, easy to stack on top of each other to load on sack trolley to wheel to van and load in.

jouks way; you have containers that a round so just wondered if piled onto sack truck to wheel to my van would roll off.

all my water setup is at my parents place unfortunately; have to wheel containers to van :'(

thanks again lwc.
lee

elite mike

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 08:15:54 am »
hi lee
if you want a quick fill for your trolly or backpack

you wont go far wrong with one of these, connect to batt or ciggy lighter ;D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JOHNSON-Bilge-Pump-12v-L450-778GPH-Submersible_W0QQitemZ220445124272QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM?hash=item33538da6b0#ht_1048wt_859

mike

LWC

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 08:26:31 am »
Oh i see about the barrels, no idea how you stack them, you probably cant on top of each other like 25 litre barrels. Jo's idea is good but not essential in my opnion.

I also run a 100m reel off my backpack no problem  ;)

R W C

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 08:47:05 am »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Water-Fed-Pole-Shurflo-Backpack_W0QQitemZ150381270179QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA?hash=item23036c14a3

heres certain companys that make good products but due to the attitude I wouldnt buy there products

Glyn H

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 05:19:48 pm »
The blue hose is our standard hose and available in 50m coils

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 05:37:34 pm »
Just followed the website link and read the history page.Their is a syntax error, the word 'to' is missing.The sentence should read london underground engineer etc..... how good it would be to be able to.......

Window Washers

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 06:08:58 pm »
The blue hose is our standard hose and available in 50m coils
is that reinforced hose ? if so whats the damage for a roll or could you point me in direction to buy some   :-*

Cheers
Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 07:00:59 pm »
is the omni backpack the same as shurflo looks the same

Glyn H

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 07:14:05 pm »
Ian
Yes it is triple wall hose, you can call to order some.

alano
They are very simular in appearance.
we use an 80psi pump with an 8 AH battery and a 1000 MA battery charger.
The Shurflo uses a 40 psi PSI pump with a 7 AH battery and a 500 MA battery charger.

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 07:30:56 pm »
Alano,

Unless you intend wearing it on your back just get one of Glynn's 35 litre trolley systems £199 (£246 with VAT & Delivery), handy little piece of kit.

Regards

Al

That sounds like a decent deal.

As for the shurflo backpack, maybe I got unlucky but mine was aggravation and didn't last long.  Also, when trying to get it working again, there was no way of knowing which flow setting it was on (or even if it was on at all).  This is because the button has four settings and you go from one setting to the next by pushing the button again (which is inconveniently sited underneath the BP).  There is no indicator to tell you which setting you are on.  No problem in normal use but a pain if it's giving trouble and regularly cutting out.
I found the WCW bp just fine.  Only one (fairly low) setting but it seems to be enough.  I have a hozelock type flow controller on the end if I need to turn it down a bit but I feel that I wouldn't want it set any lower anyway.  I stop it a fair bit with the on/off switch so it remains to be seen how durable that is.
I can't comment on the Omnipole offerings as I've not tried them but past experience with their products is a positive indicator.  That 35 litre trolley sounds a lowish price for what it is.

lee_dewing

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 08:22:46 pm »
thanks lwc

thanks mike for the link to submersible pump, just wondering can i use this as i have barrels, is there a way of making it work or is it a pump that needs to sit in the bottom of a water tank?

LWC

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 09:40:52 pm »
That sort of pump needs to go in a tank...if your just using barrels mate, just tip em in!!

elite mike

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 05:34:50 pm »
thanks lwc

thanks mike for the link to submersible pump, just wondering can i use this as i have barrels, is there a way of making it work or is it a pump that needs to sit in the bottom of a water tank?

sorry lee

thought you had a tank  ::) ;)