This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Re: anyone online from midlands
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 07:36:18 pm »
Theres me a full time lad and a part time lad,

Both have CSCS, one a card like me and the other just has his certificate.

Just me with the IPAF for the time being.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Rob_Mac

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 07:46:14 pm »
I have set my business up to make the maximum amount of money per day, with minimal overheads. I operate diesel pressure washers (red diesel) - couple of quid per day/per machine to run and the trailer carries everthing I need.

The van is my accomodation and I very rarely sleep on campsites anymore. So the week costs me for the food I buy, fuel there and back and any small incidental costs. I sleep on the car park (in the corners - where it is quiet).

Basically from this I can earn a full day rate per day and I know I will be taking that amount home when I get paid on the invoice. I want to sub my work and am going to be in a position where I have to in the very near future but I cannot see how anyone could make it pay unless they were set up very much like I am. The alternative is to sub the work out in the various areas - I do not want to do this. I am looking for a very select few people to sub the work to but they must be able to work within the remit of a fixed price per day ( I am not willing to discuss that - on here ) and if they are trying to find accomodation costs in that it will make it a no goer!!

Rob ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 07:51:11 pm »
I have set my business up to make the maximum amount of money per day, with minimal overheads. I operate diesel pressure washers (red diesel) - couple of quid per day/per machine to run and the trailer carries everthing I need.

The van is my accomodation and I very rarely sleep on campsites anymore. So the week costs me for the food I buy, fuel there and back and any small incidental costs. I sleep on the car park (in the corners - where it is quiet).

Basically from this I can earn a full day rate per day and I know I will be taking that amount home when I get paid on the invoice. I want to sub my work and am going to be in a position where I have to in the very near future but I cannot see how anyone could make it pay unless they were set up very much like I am. The alternative is to sub the work out in the various areas - I do not want to do this. I am looking for a very select few people to sub the work to but they must be able to work within the remit of a fixed price per day ( I am not willing to discuss that - on here ) and if they are trying to find accomodation costs in that it will make it a no goer!!

Rob ;D

you a gypsy rob lol :)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 07:54:06 pm »
Lucky heather sir, lucky heather, bring u luck ;D

I feel like one, unfortunately most of the stores I clean are down south and I make my money through the consistency of the work. I expect to be in Kent for about 2 months.

Rob ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 07:55:26 pm »
Lucky heather sir, lucky heather, bring u luck ;D

I feel like one, unfortunately most of the stores I clean are down south and I make my money through the consistency of the work. I expect to be in Kent for about 2 months.

Rob ;D

sounds good mate if it makes money so what eh

do you have a base? Are you working alone?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 08:02:43 pm »
Yes I have a trading address, near to Alton Towers, a very understanding wife and am developing work and new clients locally and further afield.

I am setting up a roof cleaning service on the back of the success I have had doing the store roofs and there is or will be a website pending at www.rejuvaroof.co.uk.

I work alone at the moment, at the beginning of the year there was some debate on where the work was going as far as the client and how much they were going to spend. Now it is massively busy and I am ramping up for the best year I have had - in 2010.

I have employed my own guys on the works in the past but I don't want the aggravation of employing four or five. I am re employing my right hand man just after christmas and I will build any sub contracting around him.

Rob ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 08:06:43 pm »
funny you should say that i have just picked up a big house tonight i went to quote and got it for window clean but they mentioned gutters, when i had a look they are filled to brim - i looked at roof and its full of moss!

However the tiles are old and brittle dont know what they are but they are on a old cottage type roof, i said it probably needs a cherry picker and either a way of brushing off or very gentle power wash if that exists lol

what do you reckon???

Dean Taberner

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 08:18:12 pm »

Rob ;D

Your van is superb Rob, I was most suprised when I saw it. Very good stuff.

Dean

Rob_Mac

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 08:21:33 pm »
How others are doing it is not my concern, I think the accepted way to do this is to get on a cat ladder, or even walk on the tiles and just pressure wash the roof. I will be working from a spider lift (apart from where this is not possible) and will be offering a professional service.

How I will be doing it will be to do a full roof survey, inside (where possible)and outside. The roof will then be pressure washed and the area tidied. This will include all gutterings and downspouts and any debris that has fallen. The client will then have different levels of further service, sealing, colouring etc, etc.

Sean - this will be a very sharp learning curve for me but I endeavour to offer the best service!!

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 08:24:11 pm »
Thank you Dean

Most people are shocked when I open the side door, I think they expect me to be sleeping between two pressure washers, with a couple of old coats round me. I like my creature comforts and am always bothered when I only get 35 freeview channels. The most I have had is 75.

Rob ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 08:24:31 pm »
pressure washing tiles is ok then??

I wouldnt walk on a roof...especiall when pressure washing lol :)

Dean Taberner

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 08:26:45 pm »
Thank you Dean

Most people are shocked when I open the side door, I think they expect me to be sleeping between two pressure washers, with a couple of old coats round me. I like my creature comforts and am always bothered when I only get 35 freeview channels. The most I have had is 75.

Rob ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 08:29:16 pm »
I'm from Hinckley near Coventry, but I am moving to down to Essex 2 weeks on Friday.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 08:32:38 pm »
I live in Smethwick.  Just gone fulltime (trad) and hoping to fill my books my Christmas.  Getting about 5 new ones a week without canvassing.

ducky

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 08:47:02 pm »
m-clean can u put a pic up of the inside of ur van thanks mate
if it cleans we will clean it

Rob_Mac

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 08:49:01 pm »
If I email one to you can you post it?

Rob ;D

ducky