Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Any feedback on the altec 1200 psi portable?
« on: October 10, 2009, 01:37:07 pm »
Hi,
anyone have any feedback on the altec 1200 psi portable? A shade under £3000

Re: Any feedback on the altec 1200 psi portable?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 02:08:50 pm »
Na, the 600psi model is the mutts though.... I take it you need the extra psi for hard floor cleaning?

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 04:22:38 pm »
Not going straight away  into hard floor cleaning. But it just saves me having to change the machine again at a later date..
If the 1200 does the same job as a truckmount, then I can keep it in the van at jobs.

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:31:51 pm »

If the 1200 does the same job as a truckmount, then I can keep it in the van at jobs.

Errr.... no to the first part - the only similarity is that it squirts and sucks, yes you can keep it in the van but if it only got twin 3 stage motors dont expect fantastic performance.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 05:53:51 pm »

Errr.... no to the first part - the only similarity is that it squirts and sucks, yes you can keep it in the van but if it only got twin 3 stage motors dont expect fantastic performance.
that is why i wanted feed back

richy27

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 08:35:57 pm »
the extra psi will be for hard floor cleaning but i would expect just entry level.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 08:50:43 pm »
I take it you're refering to the "triple vac" 1200 psi! I don't keep mine in the van and as all the weight is in the back of the machine, it's a doddle getting it in and out!

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 10:14:22 pm »
Colin, do they do the triple vac at 1200psi. I dont see it listed as an option on the 1200psi spec sheet.
Nor do I see 1200psi as an option on the triple vac spec sheet.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 10:20:38 pm »
Hi Joe,

When I phoned up to order mine they asked what pump I wanted.... I'm sure 1200 was offered!!!!

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 10:56:37 pm »
Well maybe Colin, just dont see it.
dont know if a 1200 pump requires more electrical power and maybe it takes it over the 2 cord requirement.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 11:03:57 pm »
Maybe, I don't really know. But I was offered 1200psi... Best to ring up and find out I suppose!!!

Jason Hedges

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 11:51:42 pm »
A 1200psi porty! If it is available then there are surely issues with power and water supply. I clean hard floors at 1000psi using my truckmount and it uses a hell of a lot of water! I have a 375ltr water tank and can empty that in an hour doing hard floor cleaning so run with a hose connected to tank inlet on bigger jobs. Only stopping when waste tank is full.

All the best,
Jason.

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 11:59:59 pm »
Hi Jason
Alltec do one and so do Solutions Cornwall, maybe others, I dont know.
Dont know about Alltec but Solutions Masterforce has auto fill and auto dump so not a problem.
Heat will be the problem because the water has less time at those flows to be able to heat up to high temperature.
But with the right cleaning solution and right agitation should be able to get a good finish.

Not that I am experianced in hard floors, just what I gleaned from a one day course recently.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 12:07:58 am »
Hi Joe,

I understand they would need an auto fill and dump system in place its the power consumption that worries me most. I had a 500psi eclipse and that tripped quite a few houses I worked in so 1200psi?

Perhaps the new pumps run on lower power to make this possible. I'm out of touch with newer portys so shouldnt really comment :-X

All the best,
Jason.

richy27

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 01:12:41 am »
Hi Joe,

I understand they would need an auto fill and dump system in place its the power consumption that worries me most. I had a 500psi eclipse and that tripped quite a few houses I worked in so 1200psi?

Perhaps the new pumps run on lower power to make this possible. I'm out of touch with newer portys so shouldnt really comment :-X

All the best,
Jason.

can see your point about water probs think if your goin to be doin  hard floors . and invest that sort of money surely an entry level tm or sec hand would be more practical. cant see the logic of aporty for hard floor cleaning personally

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 08:16:09 am »
They will do a good job Richard.
At the 1 day course I went on at Leicester racecourse we had a large area of floor to go thro.
We started at one end basically with a mop and bucket (mop was microfibre), and a wet vacuum. We got a result.
As we went along we then used a rotary with a stiffer brush then for carpet cleaning, and the wet vac.  got a result - slightly better.
Then we used the Masterforce from Solutions with a spinner and its own suction. Maybe better result.
Then finally we used Steve knights tm with loads of heat and suction, along with the spinner. Better result.

So we got a result with all 4 methods, but as we went a long the job got easier, maybe a tad quicker, the floor dried quicker etc ...... but at a cost.

Obviously with a large area, which that was, and you get lots of those jobs - the TM was best .... but at a cost.
If you just doing someones kitchen or hall, you can do a good job with the "basics".

Good operator methods is obviously a necessity, as is the cleaning fluid. That day we were using STS from Solutions Cornwall (it was one of their traing days and a bargain at £45+vat).

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 07:45:11 pm »
Adrian Marsh in Alsager has got the Alltec 1200psi triple vac with auto fill and dump

Steve

Dave_Lee

Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 10:16:35 pm »

Cant see the logic of aporty for hard floor cleaning personally

TM users could say the same about the logic for a porty for carpet cleaning! I'm not sure you know what you're talking about ship mate ;D

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 10:19:37 pm »
Says twin 3 stage on that link Dave

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk