Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GWCS

Strapping tanks vs caged.
« on: October 08, 2009, 11:22:56 pm »
Its been document that having a cage tank fitted is a modification so to have a proper fixing you would need it connected thru the chassis.

But strapping is a temporary load.

So - If you use strapping points that are joined thru the chassis is this classed as a vehicle modification?

Window Washers

Re: Strapping tanks vs caged.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:27:04 pm »
Its been document that having a cage tank fitted is a modification so to have a proper fixing you would need it connected thru the chassis.

So - If you use strapping points that are joined thru the chassis is this classed as a vehicle modification?

if it is secured to van yes it is a modification half I would say of people on here are not insured correctly because mislead the insurance company to get a cheaper quote, there are not many companies that will insure with the tank fitted or with a water tank inside.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 11:31:55 pm »
hmm, sticky one.. guess it really has to be addressed with the insurance. I hate having to explain every little thing to brokers (who have no idea what your on about) for them to ask the underwriters.

No wonder people are probably not properly insured.

drwindows

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:03:58 am »
go to a broker that deals specifically with window cleaners/WFP equipment.

I used alexander swan.  It was more expensive than direct line etc, but apparently unless you get a written statement from the insurance company accepting the vehicle modification (and that IS what this is, dont be fooled) then you arent insured and if you have an accident you'll be up s*** creek.

I found that nearly all the big insurance companies will NOT cover a van with a tank in.  You really have to go through a broker.

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 12:13:48 am »

My water tank which is held down with ratchet straps to a fixing that has been added to the van, is not considered a modification. With quinn-direct.
If i secured the tank with a frame added, a modification. 

drwindows

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 01:10:05 am »
Quinn direct?  I got a quote from them through allied insurance, and was highly unimpressed.

Trying to get information out of them was like getting blood from a stone, and in the end i couldnt understand what was covered and what wasnt.  Did not fill me with confidence.  When I googled them, i found this:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews85556.html

and decided I would stay well clear.