Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brianbarber

Prowler truckmount
« on: October 08, 2009, 09:43:35 pm »
Hi guys

can anyone give some advice on whether this would be a good step up from a porty(ninja)
thanking you in advance !

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

PaulKing

Re: Prowler truckmount
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 10:17:37 pm »
got three of them terriable things, always making me money ;)

seriously I just changed the engine in a five year old one for £450, laughing about it now one week later because in five years it's cost £450 for the engine and a set of pump seals which where £25.

They are a handy machine a nice mid point, miles away from a electic portable and well on the way to a bolted in carpet fecker truckmount.

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Ricky M

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:24:06 pm »
Brian got the 15hp
only 12:45 on the clock and its a nice pice of kit.
depending on where you live you could over and see a new machine working
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 07:16:54 am »
I too have the 15hp Prowler.

Defo a good machine, a big step up from your average 2 vac portys, and still beneficial over the 3 vac (I have a 3 vac Scorpion).

As Ricky (Ability) offered, if you near Warrington you can come and have a play with it. If you not near Warrington you can still come - a cc from Cambridge way came a few weeks ago. Or go up to Restormate in Newcastle.

Where are you based - be nice if you fill in your details a bit more.

Bob Robertson

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 08:43:39 am »
This guy might not agree  ;D  There can always be a bad one in any make of machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH0lXTNieNU

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 10:42:04 am »
That lunatic in America bought the machine and it obviously had a fault with the coupling after a short time but he continued to use it for 7 months until it eventually collapsed. He was asked to send the machine back to be examined and repaired under warranty. He refused and said he would fix it himself. He was then told that this would invalidate the warranty as is sensible because they needed to find out what had caused the problem and fix it properly. Next thing this video appears.
He then tries to blackmail Amtex for $8000 to remove the video.
He posted this on a website in Houston. Amtex are now prosecuting him under federal law for extortion and he is facing a lengthy jail term.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 12:28:37 pm »
why is it still on Utube? if this is part of a blackmail plot then it would have been taken off immediately, but its still there.

he wants $8000 I would guess this is the cost of the machine and any cost he's had.

he might be a' lunatic' or perhaps he is on the level
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

John Kelly

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 12:49:49 pm »
But Mike there isn't an issue other than he wouldn't send the machine back to Amtex who were even paying for the carriage. He wanted to fix the machine himself. No supplier would allow that and then honour the remainder of the warranty.

Ever tried to have a video removed from Youtube, it is nigh on impossible unless it is of a racist or child abuse nature.
Only recently Dominos Pizza lost a lot of trade as 2 employees posted a vid showing then putting snots on the pizzas.

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 01:02:06 pm »
Only recently Dominos Pizza lost a lot of trade as 2 employees posted a vid showing then putting snots on the pizzas.

and I loved them green bits  ;D

Bob Robertson

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 01:36:12 pm »
It just goes to show the power youtube can have. Two comments on the video from people who wont buy the machine now , from fear that they are all like that.

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 02:34:06 pm »
They are aren't they?

joking ;D ;D

clinton

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 02:51:06 pm »
Jim ;D

andrew christopher

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 03:38:15 pm »
Its a huge step up in both power and productivity. As regards their whether they are reliable they have a proven easily maintained Honda engine (13hp version) a pressure washer pump and a heat exchanger/blower that as far as i know has caused no problems, the machine is made up of replacable components that are proven.(is there that much that can go wrong?) The other fittings like hoses etc are standard type fittings.Added to that the back up from buying through John Kelly.  AS regards the you tube video, i saw it before i placed my order but found the reports and comments from guys that owned them negated the video.

The price is a plus point and also it can be moved to another vechicle it the need arises without to much hassle.

If you have the work it will soon pay back the initial investment.

Andy

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 04:49:45 pm »
Its opened my eyes regarding Youtube. You have no way to counter things like this. There have been dozens of postive comments posted but the video poster has the ability to remove them which he has done. He can even delete video responses.
Not very democratic in my eyes as someone could post a video complaining about your carpet cleaning and there is basically nothing you can do about it.

Fred Gullan

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 06:05:15 pm »
Had my 13 hp Prowler for over two years now , . All it has needed in that time is an 'o' ring in the pressure regulator and a new temp guage . So easy to fix and service and a huge step up from an electric porty. Excellent customer service always at the end of the phone from John and Lynne. If  I need the van for another purpose I can have the machine out and stored in 5 mins on my own, same to get it back in. Havent yet needed to use it as a portable but would be so easy to do.

Fred

fresh

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 06:33:49 pm »
how much is the deadly prowler?

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 06:40:40 pm »
The answer is to put loads of Prowler videos on Youtube. They drown out the one you can't get rid of and you get lots of free advertising.

Joe H

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 06:41:52 pm »
The 13hp like DaveP has (photo of the flats) is £6000+vat. google Restormate. John Kelly is a good dealer as well.

Stu.Clem

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 07:12:01 pm »
Mr B - come and have a go of mine anytime you wish - you will NOT be disappointed.

Awesome versatile positive business investment - but its not a truckmount cos it has wheels!!  :P

LOL at the lamers who thought that one up!!! ha!!!!!  ::)

best wishes

stu