Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Leaflets again
« on: October 08, 2009, 08:43:17 pm »
It's been years since I last tried any type of leaflet drop, so with circumstances as they are, (going to be moving to a new area) I need to kick start the new venture.
I have several websites already covering that area that are showing top-ish on google but I would appreciate some feedback on what is the best style for results on leaflets.
So, do the Altec need 10 minutes to read work?
Do few words nice picture work?
I'd be interested to hear from I think it was Mike Halliday who put one of his leaflets on here some time ago. Did they work?

Mike Halliday

Re: Leaflets again
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:17:58 pm »
my leaflet always work because i put 1000s of them out every month Ive done single colour, 2 colour full colour, glossy, a5, a6,  a4 folded,..... lots of picture, .....no pictures.

they all work because.....

ALL TOGETHER!!!!!!......... I PUT 1000s OUT!!

constantly every month for 10yrs. it about how many you put out, not what it looks like
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:21:22 pm »
mike
if they all work then why do you bother with the dearer options occasionally, i.e. full glossys as apposed to 1 sided b&w all the time?

genuine quezzy, not having a dig.

derek

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:27:16 pm »
Mike, I've just come across you on this web site www.carpetcleaningleaflets.com/film-shoot
I might suggest they do some spell checks and grammer checks, as that doesn't install faith in me for them to get leaflets correct.
Anyway what sort of return in phonecalls do you get from leaflets? Do you deliver yourself?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 09:49:37 pm »
Derek, I get bored so fancy a change plus  I enjoy exploring the marketing concept of leaflets so try different designs & formats to test new ideas

Neil anything they do  will be sent to you for final inspection before printing, so if your leaflet has mistakes its your fault

I don't know my exact numbers but as a 2 man team we work 6 days a week 80% from our leaflets.

I use a delivery company @£20/1000

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:51:06 pm »
derek, I also can get full colour for less than I was paying for single colour so might as well go for the best quality.

richy27

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 11:03:37 pm »
Derek, I get bored so fancy a change plus  I enjoy exploring the marketing concept of leaflets so try different designs & formats to test new ideas

Neil anything they do  will be sent to you for final inspection before printing, so if your leaflet has mistakes its your fault

I don't know my exact numbers but as a 2 man team we work 6 days a week 80% from our leaflets.

Mike been searching around my area for distributors to get leaflets out the drops i have done myself i get good return but its exactly what you say its all about quantity. cheapest i can find in my area is 40 a thousand solos. any ideas on where to look for a company who can make it more affordable.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 11:06:24 pm »
80% from our leaflets.

That's some return, but there must be something that gets this figure ie colour, pictures or wording

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 06:57:55 am »
Niel;

what I think works on my leaflet is;

a nice picture of me showing what a trustworthy person i am.
my address which tells the reader I live locally.
10% OAP discount (half of my customers are retired).
my company name Henry Halliday & Son Limited. this projects the image of an old, established company, as no one uses 'and Son' anymore its quite an old tradition, plus Henry is a old name.

I can never understand why people start companies with no thought to the image there name projects.

Richard;

sorry mate can't recommend any national delivery companies, this is the secret to leaflet success, they must get reliably delivered. But I will say you cannot deliver them your self, you won't get enough out and its so boring its take a massive amount of dedication

Fraser Thom

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 09:47:46 am »
Mike Halliday quoted:

Mike, the cheapest Ive seen where I live is £68 per 1000 which makes it a very expensive venture.

Are you using a distribution company?

Fraser

Fraser Thom

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 09:48:53 am »
PS how do you get other peoples quotes into a box when typing a reply?  I've never been able to do it >:(

John Kelly

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 10:48:42 am »
PS how do you get other peoples quotes into a box when typing a reply?  I've never been able to do it >:(

When you go into reply scroll down to the post you want to quote and click "insert quote"

Fraser Thom

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 10:52:45 am »

When you go into reply scroll down to the post you want to quote and click "insert quote"

Like this?  :)

Cheers John

Steve Chapman

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 08:04:22 pm »
Hi Neil,

hope you're well,

I've spent loads on leaflets in the past, and its an expensive way to find out what works and what doesn't, we print our own now on a Riso machine and is excellent for producing quick leaflets and being able to change offers regularly.

What it means is also when work gets low you can quickly produce a leaflet with an offer for just that week or a few days and get them out quickly to drum up a bit more work, which is how we use them now.

I agree with mike also that as long as the leaflet is half decent its the volume that matters more and the saturation level of the area, most places you have to leaflet a number of times to get any response.

Hope your transition process is working out

Regards
Steve

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 08:27:12 pm »

Does any one do targeted leaflet drops? Or just your regular blanket drop?

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 10:13:45 pm »
Hope your transition process is working out

Well I've had easier periods in my life. ???
Hopefully the sale of part of the business will finally go through on Monday, it should have been today but the other party seem on a go slow.
Hoping we'll get an offer on the house soon and then we can get our backsides packed and on the way to Somerset. In the meantime there's still a business to service here, the caravans to run at the coast and trying to build up something business wise in Dorset/Somerset.
Not one for just doing one thing at a time am I ;D
Hence why the questions about leaflets as the websites are in place but won't keep me in much work on their own.

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 04:24:00 pm »

Does any one do targeted leaflet drops? Or just your regular blanket drop?

No one does targeted leaflet drops then?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 04:36:12 pm »
Mike H

You  get 80% of your  work from leaflets

You have inspired  loads of Carpet Cleaners over the years

But my question is what % of the 80 % are new customers  or because you leaflet consistently does you leaflet act as reminder to exsisting customers