This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Unger easy glide - run a mile!
« on: October 08, 2009, 06:11:12 pm »
Had a free bottleof this from Scrim City some time ago and wasn't too impressed with the stuff but as it was free I've been using it with a drop of squeegie off. Cleaned my own house and conservatory with it a week ago and it looked fine. Just looked through my windows straight into the sun - my god what a mess. Every direction of the blade could be seen let alone the poor detailing. Even the best bits were crap.
Just redone them with squeegie off and all looks good.
Hate to think what my customers properties look like!  :-\

macmac

Re: Unger easy glide - run a mile!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:28:58 pm »
Had a free bottleof this from Scrim City some time ago and wasn't too impressed with the stuff but as it was free I've been using it with a drop of squeegie off. Cleaned my own house and conservatory with it a week ago and it looked fine. Just looked through my windows straight into the sun - my god what a mess. Every direction of the blade could be seen let alone the poor detailing. Even the best bits were crap.
Just redone them with squeegie off and all looks good.
Hate to think what my customers properties look like!  :-\

Try a drop of GG3 in your squeegee off. ;)

ftp

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 07:35:30 pm »
Think i will. I did the insides of a large house with secondry double glazing with the unger crap last week. I bet the poor woman has booked up to have her cataracts done next week.  :o

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 07:40:43 pm »
here we go again ::) ::)just use fairy.good results every time and cheap and widely available.simple. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

macmac

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 07:41:45 pm »
You have to experiment dude, especially with the flipper. I find that you need much less pressure with a flipper. The pressure you require will change due to- rubber wear, type of rubber, damp/cold conditions etc. It can feel unatural to use less pressure.

Not wanting to over-use the word pressure ;D but it can be the difference between a perfect job & a crap one at times. ;)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 07:42:43 pm »
here we go again ::) ::)just use fairy.good results every time and cheap and widely available.simple. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

macmac

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 07:44:49 pm »

Used it for 2 years then I saw the light, never again!!!!!!! 8)

LWC

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 10:32:21 pm »
A poor tradesman always blames his tools (easy glide)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 10:52:43 pm »

Not as cheap as GG4 lol

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Darren O

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 10:52:55 pm »
I prefer squeegee off to fairy but to be honest it dosent matter that much if your leaving the windows a mess its nothing to do with wich detergent your using your just crap at cleaning windows.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 10:18:53 am »
I'm a big fan of GG3,.. but don't do much trad anymore so when I ran out I went and got a bottle of fairy for convenience. I don't like it one bit!!
Got some W5 from lidl last week though,.. What a difference!! Not as good as GG3,.. but not far off! :)

jukelook

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 10:59:28 am »
quick question guys ...with fairy how much do you use per bucket .......i have a head of suds obout 2 inch thick on top am i using too much ??
thanks

cedric

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 11:27:20 pm »
Unfortunately the Unger easy glide won't be available acoording to Unger UK, it will be only reserved for American customers

macmac

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 04:44:16 pm »
Unfortunately the Unger easy glide won't be available acoording to Unger UK, it will be only reserved for American customers

Thank goodness for that, palm the crap off on the yanks, they're a bit more gullable than us! :D

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 05:03:06 pm »

Got some W5 from lidl last week though,.. What a difference!! Not as good as GG3,.. but not far off! :)

I bought some of that W5 the other day for doing the washing up, I thought it put a nice shine on the dishes. I'll give it a go on my windows tomorow and see what I think.  :D 

elite mike

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 05:09:18 pm »
cannot beat morning fresh miles better than fairy and unger

bobplum

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 07:58:50 pm »
w5 and im going to put in some dishwasher rinse aid ? ;)
bob

ccmids

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 08:51:49 pm »
gg3 the biz ;D

ciderman

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 09:23:54 pm »
gg3 every time +++++++++++++++++++++  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ciderman