This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Brendan B

Starting out WFP
« on: October 08, 2009, 10:55:24 am »

Morning all,

I am looking into adding window cleaning to my business which is carpet and upholstery cleaning, I am abit unsure as to what system to go for!

My budjet isnt that big so a small system maybe a trolley to start off? could anyone recommend such a system, pole, brush etc etc?

Any help here would be great thanks.

JRDEasiReach

Re: Starting out WFP
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 12:05:04 pm »
Well if you arent relying on just window cleaning as the bulk of your income then a trolley system will do fine to start you off, i think you could get yourself one for 1k pump, brush, wfp etc included, if anyone else knows any cheaper feel free to inform the guy :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

Brendan B

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 12:13:05 pm »
Well if you arent relying on just window cleaning as the bulk of your income then a trolley system will do fine to start you off, i think you could get yourself one for 1k pump, brush, wfp etc included, if anyone else knows any cheaper feel free to inform the guy :)

Thanks for your feedback...

Yeah thats the kinda price i seen, i also seen a van system with tank etc for just slightly more at £1495 was thinking would i be better buying bigger that way im set when i get a good round built up?

Is there much to no about wfp cleaning, i no it looks pretty striaght forward but what problem if any do you come across when cleaning, iread about spotting how is this done, i mean if the tds reading is perfect should the clean be ok?

Thanks again ;)

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 12:19:11 pm »
Theres a method that i use that works great, i call it w's and z's lol firstly clean all the frames as they are the dirtiest usually then clean each window from top down in a w motion and once thats done use a z motion to rinse the dirt off, i have found that if you are cleaning dirty windows that havent been cleaned in a while they tend to run from the rubber seals so just make sure and give it an extra rinse, its really easy and thats why everyone thats turning to window cleaning now buy a WFP system.

On to the other part, if you want to take the window cleaning further then id suggest buying the van system you are on about, a bit more money but you will clean a few more windows in a day when you get built up.
JRD Easi Reach

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 12:55:02 pm »

Thanks for your feedback...

Yeah thats the kinda price i seen, i also seen a van system with tank etc for just slightly more at £1495 was thinking would i be better buying bigger that way im set when i get a good round built up?

Is there much to no about wfp cleaning, i no it looks pretty striaght forward but what problem if any do you come across when cleaning, iread about spotting how is this done, i mean if the tds reading is perfect should the clean be ok?

Thanks again ;)

If the TDS is ok its still no good if you flush crud onto the glass from the vents etc.

There is a few knacks that you need to pick up, avoid those parts of the window which are likely to cause problems like the vents, avoid splashing water around everywhere onto brickwork etc that can run down onto the glass once youve left, rinse rinse rinse and rinse some more, double wash and rinse first cleans......theres other stuff but a lot of it is learnt from reading on here but mostly from personal experience.

Brendan B

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 01:23:18 pm »

cheers for all the responses folks ;)

looking at different clips online it shows a really grubby conservatory roof which should be white upvc but has gone green and by wfp cleaning it it comes up like new!!!  now to do this do yuou need various brushes as in stiff/soft or is the pure water really that good in removing it?

I would also like to clean gutters/facis etc is this just done with the same method as windows etc?

Sorry for all questions but they are going around and around my head!!!

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 03:38:00 pm »
Ive cleaned shop signs with mine, fascia and indeed the front of gutters too, and ive even given a garage door and clean too, was really dirty with the groves holding the dirt but it was much much better than it was.  The WFP system really is as versatile as you want it to be, just make sure your customers know that it aint just the glass you clean!! 
JRD Easi Reach

LWC

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 03:47:28 pm »
Get a RO system, around £150, shurflo backpack £200, harris pole and gubins £50 and some barrels.

Set you up for less than £500  ;)

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 05:39:30 pm »

cheers for all the responses folks ;)

looking at different clips online it shows a really grubby conservatory roof which should be white upvc but has gone green and by wfp cleaning it it comes up like new!!!  now to do this do yuou need various brushes as in stiff/soft or is the pure water really that good in removing it?

I would also like to clean gutters/facis etc is this just done with the same method as windows etc?

Sorry for all questions but they are going around and around my head!!!

To achieve top-notch results with con roofs etc you need to pre-soak with TFR or Ecover.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 05:44:33 pm »
if you are doing con roofs get a unger soap dispenser its holds around 1ltr soap it works for me widowcleaning warehouse do it its £20

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 05:50:05 pm »
sir
can you feed the barrels direct through the shurflo for a  constant feed i know it hold 15ltrs

LWC

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 08:00:10 pm »
sir
can you feed the barrels direct through the shurflo for a  constant feed i know it hold 15ltrs

Not sure how you woud but only takes seconds to fill

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 08:11:52 pm »
sir
sir  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

LWC

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 08:31:53 pm »
I missed that lol!

Richard hydro

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 10:07:30 pm »
Hi here is a link to a di tolley   http://www.polarbrite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_20_24&products_id=61   this is the system I have and I would recommend it, the supplier I use is CT East 01376 563131 ask for Craig

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 04:00:20 pm »

Hi... Many thanks for recommending us Richard (key ring in the post!!!!)   thats our Fax number, phone number is 01376 564096.

Craig