This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

Dave Morris@st'ives
« on: October 07, 2009, 09:07:43 pm »
Dave, do I remember correctly that you run your pumps directly from the van battery?

collins82002

Re: Dave Morris@st'ives
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:17:25 pm »
I'm currently designing a new type of charger that runs off a van roof vent( the black spinning thing) a dynamo or small alternator that will charge the battery free of charge. ha ha (Get It free of charge)

Will let you guys know how i get on

mark dew

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 11:02:13 pm »
I'm currently designing a new type of charger that runs off a van roof vent( the black spinning thing) a dynamo or small alternator that will charge the battery free of charge. ha ha (Get It free of charge)

Will let you guys know how i get on

Doesn't a split charge relay do the same thing? And all that needs is connecting the wires.  ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 11:04:29 pm »
i run mine directly from the vans batterys. there fine

LWC

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 07:43:32 am »
Just run off van battery. Its fine.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 08:10:26 am »
I run 2 pumps off each van battery, have done now for the last 4 years.

rg1

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 10:50:50 am »
How do you wire up the pumps to run off van battery?
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

macmac

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 05:41:18 pm »
How do you wire up the pumps to run off van battery?

Via a 12v cig' lighter socket. buy the plug-in part fron halfords for a couple of quid. ;)

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 05:45:05 pm »
Sorry, Im having a blonde moment at the mo, so the thing plugs into the cig lighter bit and then what have you got on the other ends? Just crocodile clip thingys for the battery terminals?

macmac

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 05:46:05 pm »
There seems to be a missconception that a seperate leisure battery is required &/or a split charge relay etc.

I don't understand why some will go the hardest, most complicated way when the obvious is in front of their nose. ::)

Can lead a horse to water & all that.

I've not flattened my van battery in over 5 years!

LWC

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 05:46:59 pm »
The pump has a black and red wire

Wire it up to cig lighter

But i have found problems doing this as they are rated to 5amps and blows fuses every 5 mins.

Wap them straight to battery  ;)

macmac

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 05:50:58 pm »
Sorry, Im having a blonde moment at the mo, so the thing plugs into the cig lighter bit and then what have you got on the other ends? Just crocodile clip thingys for the battery terminals?

I have a pump box (cleantech). They supply them with the lead all made up, one end plugs into box, the other cig' lighter. Them cleantech boxs are the business mind, everything there in one neat little unit, plug in & go to work. No fannying with any wiring nor nowt!! :D

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 06:21:33 pm »
Cheers Tony.

Matt

Steve CM

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 06:27:11 pm »
i just run a fresh wire from the battery itself with an inline fuse. couldn't be simpler

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 06:52:51 pm »
I suppose 2 sets of these?

Steve about the fuse, did you just wire into the lead an inline fuse with a 5amp fuse installed?

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 06:58:42 pm »
How about this?

macmac

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 07:25:50 pm »
If it's any help, my cig' lighter plug has a fuse in it & I'm sure it's 5amp.

ronnie paton

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 07:30:38 pm »
i would be careful has some may say they do it an dmy first system was wired this way but after being tanded several times i got a split relay.

not a complete solution has needs a bench charge regular but at least your vehicle battery shouldnt get drained!

macmac

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 07:34:49 pm »
i would be careful has some may say they do it an dmy first system was wired this way but after being tanded several times i got a split relay.

not a complete solution has needs a bench charge regular but at least your vehicle battery shouldnt get drained!

IMO it's best to run 8mm hose & use a digi-varistream. My pump uses hardly any power. You can count the cycles it runs that slow & I have a perfect, constant flow rate.

I used to use a bypass system, the pump ran flat out all the time & this used much more battery power.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 08:00:49 pm »
Interesting reading this has I was going to wire the pumps straight to my battery has my new van has the battery under the passenger seat and was pretty convenient. But I still dont trust parking up spending a few hours on an apt block and then try to fire the van up. Obviously it does work for some.

I've just bought my third leisure battery in 2.5 years. Planning on fitting a split relay but to be honest taking the Battery out every other night isn't really any hassle and feel I have peace of mind that the van and pumps will see me through the day.

A point to remember is, if you do clock a few miles a day then the battery will probably keep up, but I tend to do short journey's quite a few stop starts.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'