Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole 2 Pole

Re: my wife wants to clean windows
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 10:09:25 pm »
Some mornings i wake up grumpy. Other mornings, i'll let her have a lay in  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 10:10:58 pm »
Now im my own boss my mrs wakes up with a smile and a still recognise her
 I remember that  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

kevinc

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 11:22:58 pm »
to be fair my missus was out today cleaning while i was doing other things-she loves it(we're wfp)ladders a no-no for her,give her the due i rely on amanda a lot the custies love her loads(woman and woman thing-can'y work it out but who cares she brings in more work than me )i think it works being together and working-just do what i've done buy her a van and you can both work-not together but alongside(the important word)your working together but at least you get peice and quiet sat in your van and you can do one house while she does the other-conclusion we both work and were not getting on each other's tits-..

collins82002

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 12:43:30 am »
Some mornings i wake up grumpy. Other mornings, i'll let her have a lay in  ;D
LMAO  ;D ;D

mistersqueegee

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 03:57:38 am »
My wife has been working w/ me for a couple of years now and I wouldn't have it any other way! We enjoy the time together and the customers enjoy dealing w/ a husband and wife team. I treat her like my wife and not an employee so I take care of the heavy lifting and outsides while she does the insides and chats w/ the custys to get more referrals.
Best thing that ever happened to me or the business!

martinsadie

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 11:23:47 am »
my wife worked with me and moaned about being cold,it was only October,she moaned that much i sacked her on the spot and gave her the bus fare home ;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 01:13:34 pm »
Hi

Enjoyed reading the forum - I'm the wife!

I'm a gardener by trade so heavy work and being cold are no problems. We've worked together on the gardens p/t for a year but we want to combine the windows and gardens so we can work areas. Also, I think it will help get over some peoples view that all window cleaners are potential house breakers - sexist sods think women can't break into houses.

We are primarily traditional at the moment. I'm working hard to pick up the skill but am still leaving some smears at the moment. I take the abuse he gives me like a man though!

He hasn't threatened to sack me - yet.

As for toilets, I never moan about that, we always make sure we're no more than 10 minutes from a McDonalds

Ross G

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 04:04:01 pm »
my wife worked with me and moaned about being cold,it was only October,she moaned that much i sacked her on the spot and gave her the bus fare home ;D

I admire your bravery Stan was yer tea on the table when you got home i certainly hope so

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 05:23:45 pm »
stan teas in the dog ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 06:30:17 pm »
My wife has been working with me for about 11 years now.  She is very good for the business as almost all customers prefer a couple to clean their windows aside from a few sexist guys who thinks it's mans work.  I do those ones.  Even on the bigger contracts it works well, nobody ever questions it.

From trading with other local companies there are a lot of married couples in businesses out there from Embroidering to Steel fabrications, so why not window cleaning.

The fastest window cleaner will always be a man (not a sexist comment), however plenty of women are faster than men and maybe the best window cleaner is in fact a woman.

Simon.

123go

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 07:00:16 pm »
I think its a great idea, and I agree with Gaby  :) I go out with dale, my fella and I do his typing and leafletting so I feel I already know some of the customers. I do the fetching and carrying most of the time, but Id love to be more hands on really. Am even looking into window cleaning training courses, as Im between jobs at the mo. As for the pole being too heavy, its not that bad (Im trying to tone up a bit at the mo so I dont mind that!). However, I cant for the life of me lift the heavy water drums! Tell her to go for it, perhaps she could help you a couple days a week like I do, then you're not together 24/7.

I think its great, Ive always worked in offices 9-5 and so much healthier being outside, Im a real sunworshipper so thats a bonus!!! Good luck, Helen :) :)

G Griffin

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 07:12:51 pm »
Dale eh? Oooooooh!

Helen and Dale........Helen and Dale......Helen and Dale  :-*

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

martinsadie

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 07:36:34 pm »

I admire your bravery Stan was yer tea on the table when you got home i certainly hope so
my tea was on the table as she felt guilty,instead of 2 working sat morn,i had to work all day,still never took her again  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 07:57:41 pm »
it obviously works well for some couples but no way would i have any one working with me.i learned a long time ago that friends and family and business DO NOT WORK IN THE LONG TERM.thats just for me.by the way ive never ever seen a woman ever cleaning windows in manchester.it must be a southern thing ;D ;D

regards dazmond
price higher/work harder!

martinsadie

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 08:01:44 pm »
seen a couple in Lancashire

jodan63

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2009, 03:41:49 pm »
Dale here ;D. what helen said about leafletting,well, she is a bloody jinx i am sure ;D ;D.
Think i will have to try someone else for leafletting ;D ;D. Has for lift those heavy drums of water, they are only the 5 litre ones ;D ;D
So be warned Helen , you will have to pull your socks up and try harder and get your body more toned ;D ;D

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 04:11:50 pm »
Tend to agree about families and business but there are exceptions. We've worked together 3 days a week for the last 15 months and we get on better than we did before! If you've had a bad day it's brilliant to bitch to someone who is a) interested and b) understands!

Down side of this of course is that we probably talk about work too much and are getting all middle aged and dull