Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ricky M

Transition from porty to TM
« on: October 07, 2009, 02:10:55 pm »
only into my 2nd week and I find that getting the timing right from job to job is way off, done 2 jobs this morning starting at 9am and finished by 12:30pm my next is not due till 4:30pm.

its nice to have a little time in between but this is getting silly, doing 3/4 jobs a day with a porty was an all day affair but now it seems im not as busy but making more ( which is nice ) (VERY NICE)
recon its time to start a leaflet drive   

www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

from edge2edge

Re: Transition from porty to TM
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 04:03:04 pm »
So do you now just spray then rinse extract all go through all the other procedures like us porty users.Regards Alan(swindon)

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:17:01 pm »
  After a long time with a porty, I was told and told again for a t/m  , always resisted but like any thing else i always give in easily ;) :)  and went for the t/m  8)

Best thing I ever did, infact I often get a little embarrased in the length of time it takes compared to porty.

No , Im not knocking porty owners , just stating a fact.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Darren O

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 06:54:37 pm »
Ricky was it a Prowler you bought what van have you got it in and did you bother with a hose reel cheers Darren.

spencer davies

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 07:14:24 pm »
Wouldn't go back to using a portable, my customers wouldn't want me to either.

S

Ricky M

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 08:41:38 pm »
Edge I use the prowler as a rinser really at the min , I aint had time to do much else just yet

Darren , yes 15hp 400lt tank in a vivaro , I will be buying a vac reel
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

derek west

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 08:54:24 pm »
ricky a ricky a ricky
when will you show a
picky a picky a picky
i bet it looks quite
slicky yes slicky yes slicky
the next rhyme is quite
tricky quite tricky quite tricky

all together now ;D

derek

Darren O

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 09:05:03 pm »
Ricky are you still going to keep a porty in the van to iam getting a Prowler in the new year ive got the same van to mines a swb just wondering if everything will fit ok.

colin thomas

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 10:19:18 pm »
darren, most porty guys going over to tm's worry about carrying their old porty around with the tm but it doesn't work that way, sure, there is the odd one or two jobs a year that i curse and wish i HAD a porty in the van but i still manage to do the jobs, i can only think of around 3 jobs ever that i could'nt do with the tm. if you get a tm you will curse if you HAVE to use the porty,

colin    ;)
colin thomas

Bob Robertson

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:29:37 pm »
darren, most porty guys going over to tm's worry about carrying their old porty around with the tm but it doesn't work that way, sure, there is the odd one or two jobs a year that i curse and wish i HAD a porty in the van but i still manage to do the jobs, i can only think of around 3 jobs ever that i could'nt do with the tm. if you get a tm you will curse if you HAVE to use the porty,

colin ;)

It will depend on where you live. Glasgow is full of tenements and parking near them is a nightmare. You would still need a porty on your van.

Bob

Karl Wildey

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 10:54:14 pm »
It nice that porty owners are posting saying what a difference a tm does make, it a whole new world compare to porty's, as I have always stated you can never compare a porty to a TM unless you have had a TM. Portys do have their place, so does LM system etc, its all carpet cleaning.

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 10:57:35 pm »
I still use mine and when I do it reminds me how fortunate I am to have a TM. Heaven knows if it breaks down how will I manage. :(

Darren O

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 08:29:05 am »
Agree with Bob here will always need a porty in van in parts of Glasgow truckmounts would be useless.

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 09:28:51 am »
To me there is always a need to have a porty as backup.
I see photos where tm's are going outside flats 3 or more stories up with their hoses on the outside.
I work alone, and I would not have piece of mind, always wondering what will happen if them hoses fall and there just happens to be someone passing. Heath & Safety issues.
I would need 2 of us on those types of jobs - and there just is'nt going to be 2 of us.

I suss out on the telephone call (or visit to quote) what the likely of needing the porty cause I dont carry it with me to every job - only when needed.

absolutecleaning

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 02:55:20 pm »
I had to use porty the other day after having TM for a couple of weeks and wondered if the vac was actually working to start with ;D

davep

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 03:24:53 pm »
I had that problem, been using the buffer where access is a problem recently

Paul Heath

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 11:03:14 am »
I was concerned with access etc, as its very narrow in parts down here, but so far not had a problem. My porty's are in the garage gathering dust, but its nice to know i have some back up. It took me over 12 months to decide to invest in a trucky, but very glad i did. The time it takes to do jobs was a fast learning curve, it cuts the time down by half. Results outway any porty. Got it all fixed into my Traffic swb. Thanks to the team @ Hydrmaster..thanks guys

Darren O

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 11:45:19 am »
Paul what truckmount did you get and is there still room in the van for your porty if you needed it.

clinton

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 12:19:46 pm »
I could fit a prowler type machine in my new van and also the porti and maybe even the buffer. ;D

Think dave ingrams new set up will fit in a small van and that includes the waste tank...

Paul Heath

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 12:32:47 pm »
Darren got boxer 421...brill machine, yes still got room, waitng for them to build me a hose real that will help as well. Don't carry my porty with me unless i know i have a job for it...try to keep the weight down. But it all fits very nicely. I think i will look at a taller van when i can..will help with access to waste tank etc and improve ventalation, but we all have to start somewhere and you have to run with something for a while, then you know what you would do to improve things. Broke my heart when they drilled into side for fuel filler, but it does not look out of place.