This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ryanst1982

Gutters
« on: October 06, 2009, 08:50:01 pm »
Have been asked by a new customer to clean gutters. Just wanted a few pointers from any on here who actually offer this service. I dont really wanna spend big on a vac so how many just use trad ways (cheaper the better) and is there a good way to price these jobs up because I wouldnt know what to suggest.

Cheers All

traps7

Re: Gutters
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:00:01 pm »
I would weigh up what it's worth to you, worth to them, how many windows you could clean in that time and how much it would cost them to get someone out of the paper to do it.

Then I'd probably totally underprice and tell them £20

LOL

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:07:06 pm »
Ryan I charge £5 per metre and for that they get the gutters, fascia and soffits cleaned.
I currently use a ladder with a stand off and a trowel, then flush the gutters out with my pressure washer.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

geefree

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 09:50:01 pm »
I wash the outside of the gutters and clean facia boards, windows and conservatory roofs,

i know its another earner , but i leave clearing the gutters for those who want to do it.

traps7

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 09:52:49 pm »
Yeh I don't actually clear them out . That involves a ladder and i begrudge getting that off my van.

mick hay

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:02:35 pm »
ive been looking into gutter cleaning for a couple of months and believe its a massive untapped market.

I suppose most of you have received a "Bens Gutters" leaflet through your door?

Ive called them many a time for a quote on different size properties.

it seems there minimum is £75, just to empty gutters! Now they must get work cos they stick by their prices,.

Another company who only cleans gutters quote the same kind of prices too!!!

I've put some money aside and am dipping my toes into this, i beleive its a goer!!!

so, will keep you all posted, should be interesting!!!

geefree

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 10:06:12 pm »
I think most window cleaners have been doing it for years  ::)

mick hay

Re: Gutters New
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 10:12:43 pm »
oh yea, i know they have, but i still think there is a massive market out there waiting!you could say the same about cleaning conservatories, about 30% of my turn over is connie cleans, cos i advertise it as a stand alone!!

Ive been w/cleaning 5 years now, and never really wanted to get into it, went out knocking one evening, came back with 6  gutter cleans in an hour, all at the price i wanted!!

Happy days  ;D

geefree

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 10:15:13 pm »
Nice one  ;)