Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

truckmount for sale
« on: October 06, 2009, 06:29:42 pm »
recieved this today from alltec.
think this guy died a while ago and altec are selling his setup to raise money for his family.

i wouldn't say no if i didn't have one all ready.

top spec
details to follow..................................

Hi Derek,

We have a used truck mount and van for sale and we are looking for the highest bidder as we wish to raise money for the family.

The Machine: 2008 BLUEline ThermalWave II HP VORTEC® 69hp (running on LPG 80 litre tank fitted with external fill). This is our top of-the-range BLUEline truck mount with the high-pressure option (3,000psi), which is perfect for dual wand carpet cleaning or hard floor cleaning. With only 166 hours from new ? so just run-in!

Comes with a 330 litre sub-mount tank, Hose reel (with 150' of vac & solution hose), 14" x 2" Wand, Water softener.

Van: 2008 (57) Citroën Relay 35 L3 H2 2.2HDI 120hp (Just over 6,000 Miles) 3500kg gross wt.

The van was sold by ALLTEC in January 2008 and was completely fitted by us including the sign writing, insulation and ply-lining (walls and ceiling) with a special water resistant floor (Speedliner).  The LPG tank in externally filled and vented and has a frame built around it with the hose reel bolted on top.

The van has "Traffic Master" Sat Nav & Tracker installed (we have reset this)

http://www.alltec.co.uk/page/1qw5j/Business_Opportunity/USED_TRUCK_MOUNT_SALE.html

derek

Joe H

Re: truckmount for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 06:49:19 pm »
That is one very nice set up.
Very sad about the circumstances surrounding its sale.
I truly hope that a good price is offered for the machine and van.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 07:21:19 pm »
Yes Joe very sad to hear, hope someone pays decent money for it, it does look a complete bargain for someone at the right point in their business.

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:33:51 pm »
Mike  ;)

go on, you know you want it...

colin thomas

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 07:45:26 pm »
that is a lovely set up, i would love it BUT i just have this thing about that size van, i have a vivaro and that is a bit tight to squeeze into some customers drives and park in narrow roads etc, i just think that is a van too big,

colin      :'(
colin thomas

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 07:58:40 pm »
Its a Citroen Relay Colin.
I know its lwb and high roof but its width is the same as Shauns and I think Dave Lee has one too (Citroen/Peugoet/Fiat - all the same)

gwrightson

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 08:06:36 pm »
I cant even get onto the site, page wont load. :'(

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:13:34 pm »
Now this scares the crap out of me (This van and machine was purchased new by Lincoln Harris in Jan 2008 from ALLTEC.   We supplied/ installed everything you see in the pictures from new. Unfortunately Lincoln became ill later that year and sadly died in July 2009. Regrettably Lincoln didn’t have insurance against the finance loan on the van and equipment and now the lender wants their FULL TERM money from Lincoln’s children.) Who is liable for debits?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 09:26:34 pm »
What a nice set up, unfortunately they will want their money back, and this will come out of his estate.
Am suprised he was allowed to borrow this amount without insurance or security against the loan.
Shows why this country is in a mess when finance houses give out this amount willy nilly as they say.
Feel deeply for his family, hope it makes a good amount.
Wasnt Jim Neal looking to buy one of these.

Andrew

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 09:28:56 pm »
Think Jim was saying he's got his coming soon.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 09:31:12 pm »
now the lender wants their FULL TERM money from Lincoln’s children.) Who is liable for debits?

Don't think they can do that unless the children were part of the business ie directors or partners in it, or guarenteed the loan in some form.
You can't just go passing the debt down the family line until someone has enough money/assests to settle it.

Modified: Clearly if the estate hasn't been sorted yet then any debts become part of it

richy27

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 09:36:39 pm »
Now this scares the crap out of me (This van and machine was purchased new by Lincoln Harris in Jan 2008 from ALLTEC.   We supplied/ installed everything you see in the pictures from new. Unfortunately Lincoln became ill later that year and sadly died in July 2009. Regrettably Lincoln didn’t have insurance against the finance loan on the van and equipment and now the lender wants their FULL TERM money from Lincoln’s children.) Who is liable for debits?

Len

Awfull when these things happen . 3 years ago i had to watch my best mate pass away from cancer and lost his 2 year battle at just 28 years old . he didnt have a lot of personal debt but was enough to put a strain on his family about 15 k i think so 4 of us ran 3 half marathons and the london marathon to raise enough to clear his debts.

after that i decided i wouldnt put my family through that and took out an insurance to cover 500 k to cover me if i die up till i am 65 costs me 35 quid a month and never regret paying it.

Its a good thing that lincoln left such a good setup which hopefully will clear things up to some extent.

very sad

PaulKing

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 10:00:21 pm »
what would be good is if someone with good credit, could take over the loan in thier name, therby the family would have no debt to repay at all.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Matt Lindus

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 12:17:30 am »
I believe this is illegal. No debt or outstanding loan should be passed on in this circumstance. MR Harris signed for the loan, not spouse or next kin. The debt is or should be written off when there is no other person or collateral item (home/car, etc) tied to the loan contract.

That said I don’t know the full details of the circumstance so can only speculate. I would suggest they speak to a solicitor.

Matt

jasonl

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 05:41:08 am »
I believe this is illegal. No debt or outstanding loan should be passed on in this circumstance. MR Harris signed for the loan, not spouse or next kin. The debt is or should be written off when there is no other person or collateral item (home/car, etc) tied to the loan contract.

That said I don’t know the full details of the circumstance so can only speculate. I would suggest they speak to a solicitor.

Matt

Unfortunately, what "should" happen , and the law are 2 different things , when you die , your estate has to be balanced, your assets and liabilities have to be settled.

In this case finance is outstanding on the van it seems, and the finance co want thier money , harsh as it may sound the finance co is perfectly entitled to recover its cash from the estate, in a lot of cases this would be from the proceeds of life insurance, it seems it will not happen in this case.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 06:07:59 am »
Matt
Who would you expect to pay this "written off" amount?
It just doesnt disappear into thin air.
As tragic as the circumstances are, there is an outstanding amount and, as Jason says, this will be taken into account from the "estate".
Even more tragic in this circumstance is I think his wife has already passed away leaving just their kids who are still young.

Ricky M

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 07:36:32 am »
if the kids are under 16 then the debts will die with him.

when my mother passed away on the 1st of June  :'( :'( :'( :'( she did not leave much £££ but she had some credit card debts etc , I had to write to the debtors and send a copy of the death cert , they sent a sorry to hear letter back and the debit was wiped.

Ive since found out that this is a gray area and it depends on who the debt is with and what its for but the law sort of side with the 1s left behind 
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 07:48:36 am »
what would be good is if someone with good credit, could take over the loan in thier name, therby the family would have no debt to repay at all.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Lets play find the carpet cleaner with a good credit score :o :o :o
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

John Kelly

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 08:03:23 am »
If this was leasedthen its a bit baffling as the equipment would still belong to the leasing company as Lincoln was only hiring it until a final balloon payment would have made it is. I would have thought in these circumstances the leasing company would take re-posession of the items and re-lease or sell them to clear the debt.