Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: Is it ever ok to try to pinch work?
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 07:47:52 pm »
I meant the 3/4 man teams really. They are just thugs and bullies. Who`d want people like that to clean their windows.

Gerry
                ps. don`t quote me on that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

martinsadie

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 07:51:33 pm »
I meant the 3/4 man teams really. They are just thugs and bullies. Who`d want people like that to clean their windows.

Gerry
                ps. don`t quote me on that.
i have 2 helpers on a  sat morn which makes me a 3 man team  :o :o :o

kenaltobelli

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 07:53:44 pm »
had a think about this over last few days one thing to keep in mind;
do they pay ie i and other wc i knowdo work if they are good and moneys safe no pasa nada but
if they are dodgy you may not give 100 percent going about your bis like this you may end up with
a round of 1000 a week banking 100 no money in these other wc may have problems like this ;
ive had jobs thought this is great only to be dissapointed.

weetot

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 08:07:17 pm »
Going slightly off the subject that was originally posted.

What if some custys didnt want these 3/4 teams of w/c's cleaning.. lets say 5 of the, I presume houses, and asked you to do them, would you turn them down just in case they spat their dummies out the pram, and gave a lot of idle threats, cos most of them are idle threats.  I wouldnt put up with it, and i certainly wouldnt be looking over my shoulder when i did take them on.

Some people dont understand the word 'Competition'
Look after yourself, ......................................your self-employed!
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

ian1972

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 09:18:53 pm »
mick yes it does happen a lot round our areas just dont back down,i had loads of thugs phone me over last 4 or 5 months with there threats but hey bring it lol

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 09:35:56 pm »
thanks for advice ian why do you think it happens in windowcleaning when iv never known it in other business iv not been threatened by the way just warned by others its dog eat dog and will happen

mark dew

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 09:44:44 pm »
I think it would be better if approaching, to sell your merits rather than putting down the existing cleaners work.
Nod and agree to any complaints that might be aired, but bad karma to mention how bad the competition are.  :)

ian1972

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 09:46:33 pm »
lets face it at the end of the day window cleaning tends to attract thugs as its easy money,most will back down if you show no signs of being bothered,some wont just be aware thats all