Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Re: Buying a new van tomorrow
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2009, 03:23:43 pm »
Yeah will be getting some warranty with it Clinton !

Let`s just hope that`s the end of my breakdown stories,i will say though it has never left me stranded,in the 3 odd years of owning it,i have always managed to get out and back again,all be it slower than normal,even when the seals went on the turbo,and the time the accelerator cable snapped off the cup thingy  ;D Can always whip the engine out the roc,and bung that in if this one goes,would be fun in a van
What goes around comes around

clinton

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2009, 03:42:54 pm »
Ye get some good signing done on it and it will get you noticed mate..

M.Acorn

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2009, 03:49:50 pm »
Yes ,reduced my yellow pages adds today,going back down to a 45 mm box,but have added another area to yell.com,checked my stats from the book 16 calls since it was published,most of them were people trying to sell me stuff !
So will have money to get decent signs on the van.More good news is that the caddy vans are galvenised,so it won`t rust !

M.Acorn

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2009, 06:26:02 pm »
Well i am now the owner of a shiny blue caddy van  ;D All new to me this abs ,leccy windows,stereo,sat nav full 12 months mot,he put 6 months tax on for me,back is all ply lined out.Managed to get £200 trade for the heap,glad to see the back of it,it overheated on the way there,as it`s last ditch attempt to f@/k me off !
Let`s hope it lasts 3 years would be nice,then i will trade it in against a newer one !
Time to see about some sign writing

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2009, 06:29:21 pm »
Mark

Small price to pay for all the time and worry you had with the banger. Great move.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2009, 06:30:14 pm »
NICE ONE ;)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2009, 06:56:38 pm »
"TO BE CONTINUED" ;D

all though i hope not, good luck mark. :)

derek

M.Acorn

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 07:02:48 pm »
Yeah i am crossing everything to be honest,although it does have warranty on it .will take a bit of getting used too,was with it as it was being mot`ed so got the chance to have a real good look around it,it`s nice and tidy,the engine has a big plastic cover over it,so will be leaving that well alone !
Think my customers will appreciate it too,not having my old heap parked up outside their houses !
Chjeers Guy`s

clinton

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2009, 07:39:14 pm »
Nice one mark the clients will like it too compared to your old banger ;D

Am sure you wont let us down with telling us with some more of your adventures :)

Ricky M

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2009, 08:02:09 pm »

You fancy roling then Ability ?

its Friday , Im on it

Congrats on the new van .
at last , now you need a tm mate 
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

M.Acorn

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2009, 08:12:32 pm »
Ha Ha quality !
Going to be spending some time tomorrow giving it a good wax,and trying to sort out how all my gear is going to fit in ! Not as long as the astravan,but more headroom

peter maybury

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2009, 10:13:47 pm »
If you had a nice tidy van then yiu would realise how important it was and how much work you will get from it. You have said it all most of my work comes from estate agents. If you were driving a good van well sign written then you would get a lot of work of that.
I get load of work off my van and are very often answering the phone to people that are behind, me alongside me, just passed me, etc.
Peoples perception of you is so important to the quality and amount of work you will get. It is ok to say you don't want it or dont need it but you do not know what you are missing out on.

Peter
www.carpetcleaningcardif.biz

carpetworx

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2009, 08:53:08 am »
All the very best of british to you mark.

M.Acorn

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2009, 09:01:49 am »
Cheers ! I hope it`s the very best of German to be honest ! Will be putting up some pics later after a give it a good waxing,well that`s if this greyness sheeite British weaher gets a bit less grey and gloomy !

M.Acorn

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2009, 02:51:09 pm »
Here it is after a wash and polish,o/s wing could do with touching up,as does the bonnet.
The soup was in tesco,the weird insect in a custy`s house,anyone know what the f it is ?

derek west

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2009, 02:57:13 pm »
looks like a bug humping a daddy long legs, shouting them immortal words, "who's the daddy now" ;D

nice van by the way, look after it.

derek

M.Acorn

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2009, 02:59:50 pm »
Thanks,going to be giving it a big service over the next month or so inc cambelt,just so i know it`s done.Will also be getting the chips in the paint sorted before they progress.
Then decide what i want written on it

suffolkclean

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2009, 03:44:43 pm »
Looks nice Mark cos its coloured would look nice with silver text on there it stands out really well would look great on the dark blue

Joe H

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2009, 04:03:37 pm »
Offer a GOLD service with gold text, look good on dark blue Mark.