This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joe.b

FAO MClean
« on: October 03, 2009, 07:40:40 pm »
hey do you still need a way of getting rid of the white lines on your heathrow job as i know someone who could help out.  that isnt burning, soda blasting or hydroblasting  ::)

Rob_Mac

Re: FAO MClean
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 07:47:00 pm »
I am always interested in other peoples ideas and technology that I havent thought of. What have you in mind

Rob ;D

joe.b

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 07:50:08 pm »
heh, well my father in laws runs a white lining company and has a unit that will get rid of the markings without scaring the surface, unfortuanetly i cant say anymore than that but if you want someone to do it for you subbing, he could. just a thought

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 07:53:23 pm »
The unit - can you tell me anything about the tech behind it or is he looking to sell it!!

Rob ;D

joe.b

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 07:57:47 pm »
heh yeh sure it using a blast media, i dont know the exact make up of it, but mixes this with atomised water or something then blasts it out exactly like sand/grit blasting, difference is its enviro friendly, powerful and no mess. sorry i dont know the exact details.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:00:07 pm »
That sounds like soda blasting, I know a forum member on here has a unit but I felt and was told that it wouldnt be aggressive enough to remove the lines.

Rob ;D

joe.b

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 08:18:23 pm »
yeh it isnt soda blasting it is alot better than soda blasting but the equipment costs more, he was looking at getting soda blasting but as i said hes a white liner and needed it to take of lines, obviously if you wanted to sub he would show it works.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 08:25:55 pm »
Joe

I am a long way into this already and I reckon for about 15k I could have it cracked. 7.5k is an amount I am going to be spending in the next couple of months on a vacuum recovery system loop and the rest would be on a 20000psi pressure washer with vacuum recovery port!!.

I am very wary of sharing profit and being vulnerable to someone having such a large amount of leverage over me. I couldnt sub work to anyone that would be in a stronger position than me.

I never say never and I will go away and have a think about it. I will be in touch. I know that the clients requirements are being met at the moment but I have a very good contact who has asked me to look into it!!

Thanks

Rob ;D

joe.b

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 08:31:58 pm »
not a problem, i can give you more specifics over the phone in the future if you'd like, my contact is 07930993095 we all like to keep things in house, dunna worry ;D 

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 08:33:56 pm »
Joe

I will take that number down to Kent with me tomorrow and possibly give you a call next week, in the daytime!!

Cheers

Rob ;D

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 08:36:22 pm »
Try a system called soft blast its environmentally friendly and won't scar the surface

Rob_Mac

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 08:40:35 pm »
Jeff1

Softblast - wet sandblasting - I have the set up for this already but felt it would be a messy way of dealing with the problem. Lot of cleaning up. Are we on the same wavelength??

Rob ;D

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 08:43:39 pm »
I'm with you Rob  ;) One of my custy's used to do it but their machine kept breaking down  :o  ;D

joe.b

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 08:44:55 pm »
just jump in, thats whats good about the system i was talking about, there isnt hardly any mess, i've found out all the information by the way so if you ring up im ready :P

Rob_Mac

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 08:51:55 pm »
Jeff1

I really never got on with it but to be fair I have never really tried it as a cleaning media and have not had the time to practise. I bought the attachments for the pressure washer and you have to regulate the amount of flow of sand that is pulled into the water flow. I have two of the attachments and they cost me a lot of money. I may have been doing it wrong but it wouldnt remove a patch of paint on my unit floor. Where I bought them from said if I brough them over with a bag of kiln dried they would show me how to use them. I am due over there next week to pick up a couple of machines!!

I know you can get the big set ups but as a means of cleaning lines from tarmac I would have thought there would be a lot of sand left in the tarmac. I really must get on top of this.

Joe if it is ok with you I am driving to Kent tomorrow afternoon I will give you a call, hands free when I get on the M1, about 6ish

Rob ;D

joe.b

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 11:22:20 pm »
not a problem, FIL may even be around so can answer some questions i am not able to

thanks

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 06:09:29 pm »
Jeff1

I really never got on with it but to be fair I have never really tried it as a cleaning media and have not had the time to practise. I bought the attachments for the pressure washer and you have to regulate the amount of flow of sand that is pulled into the water flow. I have two of the attachments and they cost me a lot of money. I may have been doing it wrong but it wouldnt remove a patch of paint on my unit floor. Where I bought them from said if I brough them over with a bag of kiln dried they would show me how to use them. I am due over there next week to pick up a couple of machines!!

I know you can get the big set ups but as a means of cleaning lines from tarmac I would have thought there would be a lot of sand left in the tarmac. I really must get on top of this.

Joe if it is ok with you I am driving to Kent tomorrow afternoon I will give you a call, hands free when I get on the M1, about 6ish

Rob ;D

I'm not 100% sure Rob but this softblast media is a little different (still makes that mess you don't want) but you can take the paint from a fiberglass boat without any damage to the boat its self, The custy that used to do it got a lot of Jobs on old Ham stone buildings that were grade1 listed becuase it caused no damage and the only reason SHE yes I said She gave up was because she bought a red herring machine that was over £10,000 (I Think) and it was a Trailer mount system.