Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

facelift poles
« on: October 02, 2009, 04:17:14 pm »
how good are these against gardiners and the like

R W C

Re: facelift poles
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 04:21:33 pm »
facelift arent as rigid as slx but i recon they will easily out last by quite a bit,

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 04:28:27 pm »
what you have?

also did you bet on arry gettting the sack? good ods last night i was told. Seems his past is catching up

MoemGorod

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 04:37:22 pm »
We have 34ft Facelift carbon pole. VERY good clamps and design. Compare to SL-X the worst thing we have found that it is not so compact - 185sm - when assembled (not sure this is correct world in English, sorry), because of the clamps design.

But anyway Facelift is the great pole. SL-X simply beatifull model. Difficult to compare smth with it.

regards,

Vadim 
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 04:40:08 pm »
seem expensive some pof the larger poles. They must be good at those prices

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 04:41:07 pm »
ive had the same carbon fibre facelift for the last 3 1/2 years and its still as good as when i got it .
macmac who comes on here gave a really good and in depth write up about facelift and slx as he uses both .
where theres muck theres money

advanced

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 08:31:26 pm »
i only use facelift poles love them , they last for years  great clamps too.

concept

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 08:43:14 pm »
looking at the hundreds of posts on here about the slx, and poor clamps, etc etc, it really has put me off going for one. the facelift although slightly heavier, seems a more stable/finished product that you can buy in confidence.

for me as a newby to the industry, i simply couldnt afford the gamble on an slx right now, i am not earning huge amounts yet, and either of these poles would represent a huge amount of my monthly income, so it has to be right, and the slx just seems to have too many complaints for me.  :(

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 09:08:20 pm »
dont buy a fusion far too bendy and heavy :P
Spit and polish

concept

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 09:11:33 pm »
not as bendy and heavy as my brodex hydrapole 25ft

Russell oxley

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 09:16:44 pm »
Hi Jason

The Fusion that you bought was one of the first batch, I do agree with you that they were too 'bendy'.
Because of your feedback and other customers we have increased the amount of carbon in the hybrid(Fusion) range making the new Fusion much improved.

Thanks for your thoughts we are always willing to listen to you guys and will try and improve our products whenever possible

Russell

concept

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 09:19:24 pm »
is there a try before you buy facility?

Russell oxley

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 09:20:16 pm »
where are you based ?

concept

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 09:21:20 pm »
milton keynes

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 09:25:29 pm »
I think you've missed the point concept.

Yes we are bitching about clamps and wear.

But.... This pole is the first that is a genuine carbon fibre one pole solution for domestic. Other poles have been fine if you wanted to reach 60', or have been okay for 1st and second floor but too long and cumbersome for ground floor.

From what i read the closest thing to an slx is a glider.(sorry no knowledge of fusion)

Most of the comments that i have read all say they would buy the slx again because it is the only pole that can be used all day for everything and is lighter and more rigid than anything else.

Russell oxley

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 09:27:19 pm »
If you are looking for some new poles give me a call on monday morning,

We have had demo poles in the past. There are enough poles out there to find someone local to who has them.

Or when we are coming on a demo your way we can meet you on a job and let you have a play.

Either way give me a call and i'll try and organise it.

luther1

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 09:43:58 pm »
Thats good to know that my £500 facelift pole has been replaced with one less bendy after a couple of months! My pole is requiring attention and i would be without it for at least two days(delivery to and from etc). With two days loss of of earnings i might as well buy a new pole and use it while mine is in for repair!

mark dew

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:00:37 pm »
If the closed length is 6ft, any pole under 40ft would be more hassle. As it's now possible to have a short telescopic that does ground windows up to that height, using a 6ft pole on ground windows is way too cumbersome for someone who wants to do a good job even quicker.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 06:33:03 am »
    Russell,If you have increased the amount of carbon are you saying the pole is not fit for purpose because in my opinion when fully extended this pole is useless cannot be used properly at this height without causing the user extreme fatigue,therefore has a gesture of good will would you be ableto replace some of the the sections with the improved ones ,because at the moment that pole does not get used and was a complete waste of hard earned cash which would have been for better invested in something that can do the job.
Spit and polish

stevieg

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 09:18:05 am »
Too many times these companies claim that they are "made by window cleaners for window cleaners"i have rarely to buy anything yet in the industry that within half an hour of using i can see the shortcomings!
The bigger these companies become the further removed from reality they get.
Would any of these companies put there money where there mouths are and give a full no quibble,if not happy guarantee?