This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

minimum charge
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:14:51 pm »
i nearly have a complete full round and as such can afford to be a little more selective with the work i take on,up untill now i have always had a minimum charge of £6(average sized 2 bed semi or terraced)but am now thinking of upping that to a minimum of £8 pound.how many of you guys have a minimum charge and what amount,is £8 reasonable for a 2 bed average house in the west mids area dont want to get to greedy but if you can get more why not  ;D

mark dew

Re: minimum charge
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:21:53 pm »
One of the best business moves i made was introducing a minimum charge. That was a tip from here and other forums.
Mine is a tenner and i am still amazed at how no-one queries or seems suprised when they phone me and hear.
I am now convinced that people expect there to be some sort of minimum charge.
I must have picked up around a dozen jobs that were happy with a tenner charge, when it would have been priced at £5-6 before.
You will find it one of the best moves you could do for your business.

wizard

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:29:24 pm »
I have a minimum charge and have a few flats with three windows and still charge £8.50 as its cost me to arrive and unpack prepare etc.Many businesses have a call out charge so I see my min as acall out. But could also clean 3 bed 3 windows as£8.50 and they all pay.Most fo my firsts min is !8 to !9 pound and the same applies. I never make a business desicion based on emotion.ITS BUSINESS.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 10:35:49 pm »
£10.

Is it implemented 100% of the time, no not always. Therefore it isnt my minimum charge, but it is the figure which i use as a guide to aim for should a property in that category come my way.

Im more picky now about what work I take on and a £10 property is not what I look to be taking on, turned down a regular £16.00 job today cos not close enough to home.

I tend to view £10 jobs more as a PITA than anything else.

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 10:40:52 pm »
i nearly have a complete full round and as such can afford to be a little more selective with the work i take on,up untill now i have always had a minimum charge of £6(average sized 2 bed semi or terraced)but am now thinking of upping that to a minimum of £8 pound.how many of you guys have a minimum charge and what amount,is £8 reasonable for a 2 bed average house in the west mids area dont want to get to greedy but if you can get more why not  ;D

I've got a minimum of £10 (southeast) but really, it's very unusual for me to quote under £12 these days.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 10:42:32 pm »
Living in the scottish Borders it would be hard to have something like a £10 minimum, but I think £6 is low enough to go. If the customer doesn't like the price then move on.

wizard

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 10:42:51 pm »
Matt what area do you work.

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 10:49:36 pm »
£10.

Is it implemented 100% of the time, no not always. Therefore it isnt my minimum charge, but it is the figure which i use as a guide to aim for should a property in that category come my way.

Im more picky now about what work I take on and a £10 property is not what I look to be taking on, turned down a regular £16.00 job today cos not close enough to home.

I tend to view £10 jobs more as a PITA than anything else.

I reckon your business is more developed than mine.
Tenner jobs are my bread and butter. They don't ever moan, i can knock several out per hour and they are regular.
Oh, and they are also pleased to see me. Or at least they pretend to be.
I like that. ;D

cozy

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 10:56:17 pm »
Good point Mark.

Gemma, if you remember when you first started, now you can imagine when the momentum takes over. See yourself 12 month down the road and stay focused. (Just don't go Hollywood) ;D

OMG I'm starting to sound like Ewan

No really, I'm pleased for you Gemma. Takes bottle to stick at it. ;)

Barryy

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 01:03:20 am »
my min is 30euro, but most of my custies are 2-3mth intervals