This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Old custards
« on: September 30, 2009, 09:58:47 pm »
I have one who is now entering the stage of total forgetfullness. When I went to collect off her yesterday for 2 visits she looked at me like she didnt recognise me, so I pursued with...

'Hello Mrs Whatchamecallit, how are you? Im just collecting for the window cleaning'.

'Oh' she says 'I dont think I need them doing as my son did them last week'  (no he didnt I did!)

I said 'No Im collecting for the outside cleans you owe me for'

She said, 'Oh! You want money?'

So she's obviously lost or is in the process of loosing her marbles. This happened again not that long ago. When I go to collect she tells me her son is in America with her cheque-book  ???

Any ideas guys? Dont want to get into a doing it for nothing scenario.

TIA

Matt

DaveG

Re: Old custards
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 10:14:54 pm »
shes got a funny name  ;)

is that Polish???
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »
No its Beeswax  ;)

Paul_Rolfe

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 10:17:43 pm »
She married Mr Thingamejig but got divorced after her affair with Mr Oojamaflip.

Custards!  Whod have em!

mci services

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 10:24:14 pm »
yep happens to me with one old dear, if i try collect she doesnt have a clue who i am and tells me she doesnt have a window cleaner, but when i turn up to do her neighbour she comes out and chats and asks if i am doing hers next, then gives me cakes, biscuits and trys to pay over the odds.

so now i only do it if shes there and she comes for her chat if shes out i just miss it out. she obviously has dimentia or something and no point me trying to argue with her when collecting

spoke to another w/c and he will only do some if a relative pays or homehelp/career etc

RO-Sheen

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 10:25:14 pm »
See if you can get her sons contact details. She is getting quite vulnerable and her son will appreciate you looking out for her. She could so easily get ripped off by someone else thats not as honest as you.
Her son might even offer to pay for future cleans.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 10:26:51 pm »
Maybe sort out payment with a relative of hers, if any exist. Could also prevent some uncomfortable situations.

Gerry.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 10:39:44 pm »
replace!

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 07:00:20 pm »
I have one who is now entering the stage of total forgetfullness. When I went to collect off her yesterday for 2 visits she looked at me like she didnt recognise me, so I pursued with...

'Hello Mrs Whatchamecallit, how are you? Im just collecting for the window cleaning'.

'Oh' she says 'I dont think I need them doing as my son did them last week'  (no he didnt I did!)

I said 'No Im collecting for the outside cleans you owe me for'

She said, 'Oh! You want money?'

So she's obviously lost or is in the process of loosing her marbles. This happened again not that long ago. When I go to collect she tells me her son is in America with her cheque-book  ???

Any ideas guys? Dont want to get into a doing it for nothing scenario.

TIA

Matt

I had a custie with similar problems.  Quite sad really.  I still bump into her when working down the road sometimes.  She has no memory of me ever cleaning her windows.  After the hassle I had getting money from her a previous time, I just quietly dropped the job.  She used to always make a point of telling me that her husband died a couple of weeks ago (it was 5 years ago).
Hope I never get like that.

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 07:32:29 pm »
I popped round to see my lovely custard again tonight on the way home.

Anyway I last cleaned her windows 10 days ago, it was then that she first mentioned that her son had her cheque book and was in America. Surely that cant be the case that this woman has been left without any means of paying for things whilst her son is hlafway round the world.

How does she pay for her shopping whilst he is away for so long?

I smell a rat!

ftp

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 07:36:57 pm »
That's not a rat that's incontinence pants!

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 07:38:42 pm »
Yea, their places get to smell that way after a while dont they.

We do have fun dont we. Just got off the phone to some other idiot moaning cos I cleaned his windows!!

We do put up with a lot I think when the $h!t hits the fan.