This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rogue Trader

scratches on glass
« on: September 30, 2009, 09:10:28 pm »
I have had a new customer complain about minute scratches on his patio doors , newly built house , it looks like it was where i used the edge of the brush to scrape off bee poo!! anyone got any remedies for this....

Rob_Mac

Re: scratches on glass
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:16:05 pm »
www.frost.co.uk

Glass scratch repair kit,(windscreen repair), lot of patience and never use the side or corner of your brush again!!!

Rob ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 09:18:38 pm »
If it's new then it could be a bad batch of glass.

A brush edge should not scratch glass! (unless you have grit on it)
It's a game of three halves!

R W C

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 09:20:39 pm »

The side of your brush does scratch glass, once its been ruffed up by a wall it will deffinatly scrach aglass if trying to get muck off with it.

GWCS

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:41:53 pm »
newly built? bound to be pre existing from the builders.. from using scrapers.

wfp actually brings them out because it cleans so well.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 02:13:49 pm »

The side of your brush does scratch glass, once its been ruffed up by a wall it will deffinatly scrach aglass if trying to get muck off with it.

Only if there is brick dust in it or the glass is faulty.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 08:47:09 pm »
www.frost.co.uk

Glass scratch repair kit,(windscreen repair), lot of patience and never use the side or corner of your brush again!!!

Rob ;D

Thank you Rob , a scratch repair kit now ordered , it makes a change to actually get some real constructive help on this forum rather than doubters and pessimists  ;) ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 08:49:56 pm »
I have had a new customer complain about minute scratches on his patio doors , newly built house , it looks like it was where i used the edge of the brush to scrape off bee poo!! anyone got any remedies for this....
use a scraper next time  ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 08:52:22 pm »
I strongly advise you do nothing to these patio doors until you are sure that they are not faulty in the glazing process. You said they were a new build and this is when you should check that they are not faulty or you could make them worse.

mistersqueegee

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 09:03:41 pm »
I strongly advise you do nothing to these patio doors until you are sure that they are not faulty in the glazing process. You said they were a new build and this is when you should check that they are not faulty or you could make them worse.
This is very sound advice. The only way a pole edge could scratch glass is if something like sand was embedded in it. The sand (which is as hard as glass) can cause scratches. It is likely that the windows have a defect called fabrication debris. If you accept responsibility for these scratches it will run into a considerable money if they all of a sudden find more scratches on other glass and say you did it. Since it's patio doors they are likely tempered glass and subject to FD.

Rob_Mac

Re: scratches on glass New
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 07:38:31 am »
Matt3

You need a considerable amount of patience when removing scratches. The scratch I took responsibility for was an L shaped one, about 12inches in length. Took well over an hour.

Read the instructions and keep the pad moving up and down on the scratch area or you will heat the glass up and can thin it and thus distort the area being repaired. I cannot stress how long this will take!!!

For those of you that don't think a plastic brush edge will scratch glass. Get your daily brush ( one that has had a couple of knocks and the edges are a bit rough) and go to your own front room window. Not rubber edged brushes!!

Right in the middle pretend there is some bird crap, rub the bird crap with the edge and corner of your brush and then post your replies on what happens. You have the link for your own repair!!!!!

Rob ;D