This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poleman

canvassing company!
« on: September 30, 2009, 09:05:22 pm »
Hi All!

Just used a local canvessing company and they owe me £825 worth of work or the return of my money £1650

Been texting him for over 2 months and he just gives me a load of bull poop about his life has gone tits up!

Now aim in business and need the money as got a tax bill coming up!

Can anyone give me any advice of the legal road to take to get me money back

Andy
PS what is it with bloody canvassing companys! nightmare the lot of them!!!!!!!

Sean Dyer

Re: canvassing company!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:10:12 pm »
sorry to hear that mate

Pureandclean

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 09:13:01 pm »
It's hard work canvassing for new work, in most area's. Every now and then you can drop on an area without a window cleaner and pick up a good deal of work.
But most area's that have a half decent cleaner in them, you would be lucky to pick up a couple of customers a street, and that is a lot of doorknocking to come up with the amounts people are asking for.

ian1972

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 09:14:40 pm »
any recipets change hands contracts or anything paper wise?

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:17:00 pm »
can you name the canvassing company
and i agree with pure and clean i think its getting a lot harder to pick up work been canvassing two days not a sausage
good luck bob

bobplum

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 09:20:38 pm »
ian 1972 can a have a larger poster for my wall i mean my wives wall :-*
bob,on behalf of his wife paula

TonyD

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 09:20:57 pm »
I do a bit of paid canvassing, but ONLY ask for payment AFTER the first clean has been completed and the customer is confirmed as a genuine regular customer.
Seems it's these canvassing services that want money up front or before the first clean is done that get this type of reputation.  Hope you get some money back.

Steve CM

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 09:21:44 pm »
Hi All!

Just used a local canvessing company and they owe me £825 worth of work or the return of my money £1650

Been texting him for over 2 months and he just gives me a load of bull poop about his life has gone tits up!

Andy

i would break his neck! why have they got that kind of money off you in the first place? ??? i doubt anything can be really done legally. nothing a bat and some violence wouldn't sort out! i'm not joking either, i wouldn't be mugged off like that. had a similar problem with 3 grand a few years back. one visit and the money was paid in full (no violence was needed either) I can't tolerate these monkeys they make my blood boil!!!!!!!1

what company was it Andy?

daz1977

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 09:22:30 pm »
did you have a contract with them,  if so go throught the smalls claims court on goods and service act  it about 45 quid and you can do it on line at ur local county court,  once you get the order, they got time to pay if they dont u can send bailiff,  (loads of fun)

you need his full name, address, birth date  contact no for a house,  if you know where he lives,  but not sure of the rest  contact the land registery and they will sell you the details for about 2.50  or go council and look at vote registar this will give you details

whats the name of this company  

i have used this route before when i was owned money from a previous business a lot of people dont like getting dragged to court,  if he says that he doesnt live any where look at coucil tax records, driving licence or any bills that might be in his name,  might mean a bit of work but in end is worth it,  as far the courts are concerend if your on a council tax, you live there and bailiff can take what they need same goes for licence as they use the address on ur licence for law enforcement and can rule that, that is where they live (big brother state lol)

MSTAV

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 09:26:59 am »
Hi All!

Andy
  Why just texting. id be on hes case 24/7 phoneing and going round hes house doing my nut..dont be easy for him to walk all over you mate

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 09:36:16 am »
poleman can u name the company so we can stay clear off them
bob

ok cleaning

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 05:23:02 pm »
hey mike i dont understand how dare you talk about cowboy canvassers after the mess you and your guys coused to me i dont tink you are any different than the canvassers mentioned by this guy

Sean Dyer

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 05:44:30 pm »
erm whose mike? lol

R W C

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 05:45:12 pm »
hey mike i dont understand how dare you talk about cowboy canvassers after the mess you and your guys coused to me i dont tink you are any different than the canvassers mentioned by this guy

MSTAV, there was a issue a few weeks back  :-\

Sean Dyer

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 06:00:37 pm »
o ok

fair enough

Steve CM

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 06:19:08 pm »
In Mikes defence he played straight with me and he could of easily walked off with just under a grand of my money, he paid up within 2 days of me asking him to settled up my cancellations

poleman

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 09:34:00 pm »
poleman can u name the company so we can stay clear off them
bob

Its a local chap that use to work for gas and other companys canvassing you wont know him!

Andy

poleman

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 09:44:54 pm »
Aim a member of Fed of small business and will be giving them a ring on monday to see what they can do as you get free legal cover!

Yes have a agreement in place and have receipts!

Aim not giving up on this one! so if the legal road doesnt work then I know two very big debt collectors

Steve CM

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 09:49:21 pm »
the one on the right looks scary! ;) ;D

poleman

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 10:01:06 pm »
the one on the right looks scary! ;) ;D

Very lol  ;D

They are bad news if there on your door step!! the are very much the real deal!! 

I hope not too use them but why should someone steal off me! and get away with it!  >:(