This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Quality pocket radio?
« on: September 30, 2009, 06:15:27 pm »
What can you recommend? I want high quality sound, no stupid tuning dials that moves, no extending aerial, don't want a mobile phone, ipod or Mp3 player just a quality fm radio with external earpiece.  :)

concept

Re: Quality pocket radio?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 06:20:55 pm »
i use my ipod, but getting bored of my music and would like a radio too...

sure you can get a radio adaptor for ipods somewhere, if you have one too?

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 06:30:55 pm »
Had this dilemma myself a while back.
I use the radio on my Sony Ericsson phone - I know you said you didn't want a mobile phone, but the signal is brilliant and you just put it on charge rather than keep changing batteries.
There is an FM 'add-on' for the ipod - I think it's about £40 in HMV.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 06:46:23 pm »
For my phone to work as a radio you need to plug the earphone in, dont want all that malarky, anyone got other suggestions. Surely things have moved on from the days of long ago when if you moved half a centimetre or twizzled round the signal was lost?

Isnt there anything on the market worth buying with an almost faultless reception capability without earphones?

ftp

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »
I bought a £30 radio from Maplins a few months ago - wouldn't work unless the aerial was fully extended - utter trash.
I'm sure there are some minature dab radios about these days but I want to try before I buy.

traps7

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:24:37 pm »
All the mini dab radios need an earpiece I think. I always want one with external speaker. Nothing loud. Just so I can hear Talksport all day I love my radio. When I was trad I even tried taping one to my point, but often found I was too far away and didn't want it blasting, nor would the customers I doubt.

My mini Sony pocket radio packed up a couple of months ago. I was gutted at the time. It was great. It had a digital display and tuner and a little yellow lock button so it didn't change station or anything whilst in your pocket. It was a tad too quiet though.

I bought another Sony, slightly bigger, and it's been great. It takes two AA batteries as opposed to AAA so they last a lot longer. I did have to electrical tape the analogue dial in place so I didn't knock it off station getting it in and out of my pocket. That was a couple of months ago and it still hasn't moved. It's a shame the radio's not a bit lighter though. I'd be totally lost without it though.

I think it's definatley worth getting a branded one else the cheap one's I've tried start buzzing when you turn around etc. There's only a couple of places on my round that I get interference and have to turn it off. I think this is someone's old analogue telephone or something.

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 07:31:16 pm »
new ipod :o :o :o nano comes with a built in fm radio ;D
best of both worlds

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 07:53:05 pm »
DAB ones are very heavy on batteries.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 07:55:41 pm »
new ipod :o :o :o nano comes with a built in fm radio ;D
best of both worlds
and a camcorder or camera so my son said
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 07:57:44 pm »
I have "two" ner ner ner ner ner.....roberts radio's...........yep with external speaker...........and my itouch.connected to an..........external speaker. If i get bored o the rad i change over and vice versa. Unfortunately the roberts radio has become obsolete...hence i bought 2. Best thing about havin an external speaker is you can hear when the punter is callin ya name.....well moreso than havin headphones on anyways  ;)

TonyD

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 08:01:23 pm »
I have a little pocket DAB radio, earpiece only, no crackling as it's digital, but as mentioned above a bit heavy on batteries.

I also have a little wind up radio, no batteries, just wind up and listen, built in speaker, only lasts about 10 to 15 minutes from winding it up for a minute or 2.  That couple of minutes stood winding it up starts to feel very long when your doing it every 15  :-\

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 08:05:37 pm »
Im going down maplins tomorrow

ftp

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 08:18:00 pm »
Free delivery.  ;)

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 08:43:00 pm »
I know..........bargain lol. Top speaker tho lads..........Totally recommend it. Bloody loud for she size. Very basey too......

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 10:40:18 pm »
i have a small mp3 player with 350 songs on it.when i get bored with the music i just turn the radio on ;D.great for them cold wet days with hardly a soul about and u just want to get ur work done and get off home.helps me work and keeps me motivated to do an extra hour in the rain ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 10:42:17 pm »
For any one with an iPhone then there is a fantastic radio app called Radiobox. Hundreds of Internet radio stations including the BBC stations or another one is wunderRadio and I can get local radio on this one.

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 07:14:31 pm »
Went to Maplins today, they had zilch, then Currys, they had zilch and then Comets, they had one on display but it wasnt in stock.

Just looked at this

http://www.gadgetspeak.com/gadget/article.rhtm/751/545966/Goodmans_GHDAB101_personal_DAB_radio.html

seems pretty tasty according to the review.

ftp

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 07:43:34 pm »
I have ordered a Sony SRF-S84 from Amazon but with a different headset.

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 07:46:07 pm »
Ive just reserved the above model I mentioned. I bet its better than yours  ;D

Pick mine up tomorrow at Argos.