This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bonkors

How long has it taken you to deliver leaflets
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:02:31 pm »
At the risk of receiving a reply of “how long is a piece of string?” This is a question is aimed at those who deliver their own leaflets and their own experience of doing so.

How long has it taken you to deliver leaflets? How many leaflets have you delivered in a single day or half a day? Do you set aside a day to leaflet drop, possibly a Saturday/Sunday?

pingu

Re: How long has it taken you to deliver leaflets
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 12:07:11 pm »
400 in a day is good going...IMHO...I have delivered 700 but it really was not fun...300-400 is a good number...

ps...I have pushed 22k leaflets through letter boxes in the past 3 years...1st year 13k (4months), then 5k+, then 3k...then the rest this year.

Now that the round is 'kinda' built..I leaflet in my existing area's when the fancy takes me.

Cheers
Dave.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 12:25:34 pm »
Some streets have long drives etc. and are a pain to canvas, then you can go up a close and hammer out 10 in no time.

However the ones with long drives will be big jobs worth more money and the small flats in closes will be worth less. So I think it is better to look at it in monetary terms. So I think its about maybe 1/2 jobs in every 100 leaflets, if its a really good leaflet and even then it depends on the area. So I think you can get maybe £5 for every hour of canvassing on average.

Or another way to look at it as 400 hours for 2k worth of work. Go at it solid for 10 -12 weeks at 40'ish hours a week, you could just about get 2k of work.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 03:07:39 pm »
It depends what you target. I have delivered nearly 4000 in a day once,.. but I targeted terraced townhouses (A different venture, before I stated window cleaning!) and spent nearly 12 hours doing it. Now I'm more fussy and rarely get more than 500 per day delivered.

free2flow

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 03:25:38 pm »
4000 in a day??? 

By my calculations if you did it for 12hrs, that's 5 or 6 every minute.  ???

Do you run marathons in your spare time ;)

The pen is mightier than the sword..and easier to write with!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 03:27:56 pm »
yeah, I think realistically 30 to 50 per hour, over 10 hours so 300 - 500 leaflets a day.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 03:33:11 pm »
I deliver 100-150 per hour. depending what houses they are.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

bobby p

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 03:37:27 pm »
at first ,leaflettings sortof interesting, but once you clean as well it becomes a chore  . i ended up paying a friends daughter to do it,  it took ten quid an hour to make sure she did it on and off for several months . never send anybody out for ovr 2 hours as they get sick of it quickly !! :)

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 03:37:44 pm »
You working on high flats, or are you just stuffing a bunch through each close door. No I got it, you put through two at each house.

thats cheating  :D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 03:45:21 pm »
You working on high flats, or are you just stuffing a bunch through each close door. No I got it, you put through two at each house.

thats cheating  :D

lol I dont pi$$ about, time is money when your self employed.
I don't believe people can't deliver this amount each hour.
They are ususally 3 bed semi's that I deliver.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

rich fraser

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 03:51:52 pm »
I have just been out doin leaflets in a few of the roads i already clean in. Been out three hours and have come back to two potential new custys on the answerphone already. I dont know how many i delivered but it shows a well layed out flyer works.

Totus

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 05:18:37 pm »
I'd average it out at about 2 a minute; so:

120 per hour
480 in 4 hours

Suggest you don't do more that 4 hours a day in one hit if you're going to be doing it day in day out as you'll find that your feet will be shot and have to have a day off after a couple of days and you won't have got through your estimated quota.

Further suggest that if you need to do the hours to get the work in.... start early, do 3 hours, have 2 hours off and then do another 2 hours the break does make a difference.

Good Luck

Pureandclean

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 08:35:45 pm »
with terraced houses it is easy to do over 400 in an hour, but semi's can be half that number.
Whoever decided to put letterboxes at the bottom of doors wants to be tied to a tree and smeared with dog food.

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 09:23:30 pm »
I have just been out doin leaflets in a few of the roads i already clean in. Been out three hours and have come back to two potential new custys on the answerphone already. I dont know how many i delivered but it shows a well layed out flyer works.
any chance of a look at this leaflet
bob

bobplum

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 09:26:33 pm »
do you guys print them yourselves or get them done at the printers
bob

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 09:59:02 pm »
I have done both but I get it done for me now, I do the designs and the printers churns them out for me. I couldn't do them cheaper with of the shelf ink and they would take me ages to do all the trimming etc. so I prefer to get it done out of house.

Totus

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 10:20:57 pm »
I have done both but I get it done for me now, I do the designs and the printers churns them out for me. I couldn't do them cheaper with of the shelf ink and they would take me ages to do all the trimming etc. so I prefer to get it done out of house.

Totally agree. Too expensive and too much ar$e ache.....use a printers.

bobplum

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 10:42:14 pm »
im asking because the printer we have is a lexmark x4580 each cartridge costs 30.00 and doesnt last long
wiil do the printers route
bob

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 07:07:44 am »
Bob I have a HP coloured lazer printer that takes 4 tray cartridges, at a cool cost of £50-60 each and its still not worth my while when I think about the time it would take me to do it(trimming folding etc) and the printers will be able to get it done very quickly for you as well, so your nights are not wasted cutting flyers.

Also a wee note, you will save a bit of money if you do your design as well, and they have to charge you more I think VAT if you put a form on it. On one I did a while back I put a form for the customers details on the back, and it cost me a bit more, then on the next couple I just left the back blank, but didn't get as good a take up with them. But I think it was more to do with the back just being blank.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 09:11:37 am »
KNOCK :)

I Guarantee for the 1/2 jobs you get for 100 leaflets pushed through you would have at least double the number from knocking plus you wont have to return to quote etc, the job will be on your books ready for next day as you walk off

Leaflets have a place, but if your after lots of work knock

If your just trying for a few extra jobs then fair enough but im knocking, i leaflet the not homes