This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ryanst1982

8 week clean charges
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:29:56 pm »
Whats the basic rule of thumb for 8 week cleans.

New starter who now has 5 customers. Woooo, but one of them only wants a clean every 2 months, should I just charge double or 1 and a half or same price. What do some of you do in this situation.

CHeers

windowswashed

Re: 8 week clean charges
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:41:05 pm »
If it's in the same street as your other customers charge a bit extra otherwise customers may talk and decide they all want 8weekly resulting in you losing out on more regular wiork.

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 11:42:01 pm »
If you charge double they may as well have you every 4 weeks for the same money throughout the year.

If you need customers at the moment then I would just keep the price the same, maybe add 1 pound.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:53:23 pm »
I normally give them a monthly price, then for two monthly add 25% and round it to the nearest £.

save your self hassle only deal in whole £   ;D ;D ;D

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 05:57:30 am »
I add an extra £2 ontop of my 4 weekly price
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:15:49 am »
8 weekly doesn't give you much more work usually, they aren't that more dirty. I would charge the same price.

Also, do not take on customers on a 10 or 12 weekly basis. It's not worth it. Just say the maximum you can do is 8 weekly.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 07:45:30 am »
8 weekly doesn't give you much more work usually, they aren't that more dirty. I would charge the same price.

To be fair I think your wrong.

I've found more spiders, more cobwebs, more dirt from roads etc

The longer something is left, the dirtyer it gets (someone tell me if I'm wrong please).

I charge an extra £2 for 8 weekly cleans as it does take a little longer to get clean. I don't think it makes good business sense to charge the same price, when it takes a little longer.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 07:49:06 am »
I just charge the same no matter what frequency they want. All I do each week is print a weekly worksheet off on George and then go and do whats on the list. It makes no difference to me how often their name comes up.

Six to eight weeks is becoming the normal interval. Better for business but don't say you are going to charge them extra, just charge a good price for all your jobs.

It gives you an advantage over the other window cleaners if you are flexible. I had a new enquiry last week from a woman who wanted every six months! Yeah, no problem, load it on the computer, its all money.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 07:49:25 am »

To be fair I think your wrong.

I've found more spiders, more cobwebs, more dirt from roads etc

The longer something is left, the dirtyer it gets (someone tell me if I'm wrong please).

I charge an extra £2 for 8 weekly cleans as it does take a little longer to get clean. I don't think it makes good business sense to charge the same price, when it takes a little longer.

I suppose it really depends on the house in question. I've customers who are on 6 weekly, that have dirtier windows then on a 8 weekly cycle. Usually when it's spider season, it doesn't matter if it's 6 weekly or 8 weekly, they are just as much there. And the dirt on the windows gets removed in your normal going twice over the glass.

jefftemperley

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 05:47:12 pm »
i charge 20% for 8 weekly and 30% for 12 weekly
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

drakestar!

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 06:10:47 pm »
I charge 50% extra ;D that way we meet half way.

johnny_h

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 07:47:59 pm »
i have been caught by this i bought a round where half the streets 4 weekly the rest 8 weekly some of the old girls who were 4 weekers wanted to change to 8 weekly to save money not really alot i could do but now i always quote 4 weekly if they want it 8 weekly i add 50% my problem however is i want to make the whole round 6 weekly !!
AUDI VIDE TACE

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 07:53:26 pm »
It's not worth it.

I hate to be picky, but THAT would depend mate.

I have a 12 weekly job, its my best domestic hourly rate. It takes an hour and earns me what I hoped to be able to earn window-cleaning for 2 days when I first started 12 years ago.

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 07:59:17 pm »
I tend to charge all customers like they are a one-off clean. That way no matter what frequency they ask for it's the right price. If they want them done every 4 weeks then I am the one it benefits. Customers have a tendancy to strech things out when times get tough, for them to pay more per visit is a bit odd. After all in there mind they wont see that it takes any longer to do.
Hence, my reason for my charge. Keep it simple for them and yourself, and dont have different prices for the same style house, someone will feel ripped off.

martinsadie

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 08:18:00 pm »
Whats the basic rule of thumb for 8 week cleans.

New starter who now has 5 customers. Woooo, but one of them only wants a clean every 2 months, should I just charge double or 1 and a half or same price. What do some of you do in this situation.

CHeers
same price wether there 2 4 or 8 weekly,no need to be greedy it doesnt take any longer to clean

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 09:50:59 pm »
It's not worth it.

I hate to be picky, but THAT would depend mate.

I have a 12 weekly job, its my best domestic hourly rate. It takes an hour and earns me what I hoped to be able to earn window-cleaning for 2 days when I first started 12 years ago.

I've got exactly the same on or or two customers, but that's about it. I should have explained myself a bit more I guess. On your normal semi-detached houses, which you will most likely start off with, 3 monthly isn't worth it, I hope we can agree on that one. :)

Dave Turley

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 07:14:35 am »
I tend to charge 20-25% more for 8 weekly (usually to the nearest £5), then he same again for 12 weekly.

I like to keep things in multiples of £5 where possible so I don't have to carry change about.

eg. £20 4weekly, £25 8 weekly, £30 12 weekly

pingu

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 07:27:43 am »
Personally I do not like 4 weekly...much prefer 8 weekly and have a few at 12wk & 24 wk but these get charged a premium as 12 & 24 are 'double cleans'.

4 weekly can appear to be a waste of money to many customers but 8 weekly it is very obvious that the windows are dirty...I do not believe there is alot of difference between 4 & 8 weekly in terms of cleaning time/effort but there are always exceptions i.e main traffic routes, nr water, tree's & open farm land.

Cheers
Dave.

ryanst1982

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 08:04:37 pm »
Doesnt it get a bit more confusing having some who are 4 weeks, some 8, some 12. Knowing when to clean whos window must get a proper pain in the arse at times???

martinsadie

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 08:09:04 pm »
Doesnt it get a bit more confusing having some who are 4 weeks, some 8, some 12. Knowing when to clean whos window must get a proper pain in the arse at times???
set up spread sheets on your computor and do printouts for each week