This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Scratched Glass
« on: September 20, 2009, 06:42:43 pm »
Went househunting today (ftp hall is getting too small) looking at a brand new mansion and couldn't believe the state of the glass - scratched to pieces. Honestly they must have employed Stevie Wonder and given him a diamond cutter to do the builders clean!  :o :o :o

simon knight

Re: Scratched Glass
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 06:48:48 pm »

I'm sure your new caravans' glass will be sorted with a small pot of jewelers rouge ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:01:53 pm »
It's a common occurance in my experience, I've seen both glass & frames which could only be described as disgraceful the way they had been left by the constructor. Even new windows which are already heavily soiled with mineral stains! :o

matt

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 07:53:07 pm »
new house eh

you must be doing well with your gutter vacc'ing ummmm i mean cleaning

Llaaww

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 07:54:10 pm »
scratched glass is no laughing matter.

It is expensive stuff. Often the first time they see the scratches is straight after the windows have been cleaned for the first time, and who gets the blame ? usually the window cleaner.

careful with that scraper, and always get a disclaimer from builders.

rant over

if it is dirty it is fair game

ftp

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 07:59:57 pm »
new house eh

you must be doing well with your gutter vacc'ing ummmm i mean cleaning

Well when you have a vac you can charge thousands. It's common kowledge.  ;D

Daughter loves looking round show homes so we popped in to take a look. They dropped the price by 30k when I told them I could be interested.
They'd have to change the glass first though before I'd consider contacting my Swiss bank manager.

matt

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 08:39:24 pm »
have you sold your house then ? ? ?

even with the neighbor from hell  ;D ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 09:19:36 pm »
Neighbor from hell was kicked out of home a month ago so all good now. He lives round the corner from Armadillo on here.  ;D

Can't sell the house (probably the windowcleaners van on the drive). Looking at exchange type schemes and promises from builders trying to offload new homes. Housing market is dead and it's all testicles the claims of house prices going up. They are falling like lead balloons round here!