This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mlscontractcleaner

Secret window cleaner
« on: September 20, 2009, 05:46:02 pm »
Are you a secret window cleaner ??? ??? ???

A strange question I guess but I have one customer who doesn't want her hubby to know that they have their windows cleaned each month.

They live in a maisonette on the 2nd and 3rd floor yet he believes that she hangs from the windows to clean them. I mustn't pop a slip through their door if she's out when I visit and I knocked the other day for payment only to be told by the daughter, from the upstairs window, that ," It's not a good time; dad's home".  :o

I've never had a customer like this before; not in almost 20 years of doing the job.

Anyone else a "Secret window cleaner" ???
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

matt

Re: Secret window cleaner
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 05:53:49 pm »
i have 2 of them

1 i have to e.mail the night before

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 05:56:43 pm »
Are you a secret window cleaner ??? ??? ???

A strange question I guess but I have one customer who doesn't want her hubby to know that they have their windows cleaned each month.

They live in a maisonette on the 2nd and 3rd floor yet he believes that she hangs from the windows to clean them. I mustn't pop a slip through their door if she's out when I visit and I knocked the other day for payment only to be told by the daughter, from the upstairs window, that ," It's not a good time; dad's home".  :o

I've never had a customer like this before; not in almost 20 years of doing the job.

Anyone else a "Secret window cleaner" ???

I had a customer once like that.  He caught me though.  The way he went on, anyone would think I was having an affair with his wife.
I won't work like that any more.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 06:04:01 pm »
Like I say, it's the only customer I've ever had like that.

She's also very short, dumpy and pig ugly so no chance of that sort of confusion :-[

scud

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 06:37:22 pm »
  Iused to clean one, here bill got up a bit and I popped round one day when passing.

Caught her hubby in, told him I was the window cleaner collecting, he swore blind they didn't have a window cleaner.

Told him you don't now, but you still owe me 20 quid, he paid up and I dropped the job, didn't want to get involved with that sort of domestic!!

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 06:38:53 pm »
I cant answer or it would not be a secret   :P
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

daz1977

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:10:05 pm »
there use to be a women who lived opposite my nan who could not work whe her hubby came home from working away as he did not want her working,  she did it for about 20 years lol and he never knew

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 07:11:10 pm »
Like I say, it's the only customer I've ever had like that.

She's also very short, dumpy and pig ugly so no chance of that sort of confusion :-[

I had one where she paid a tenner but she told her hubby it was a fiver!
It's a game of three halves!

WCE

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 07:23:38 pm »

LOL that made me chuckle although being serious, watch out the husband could be blind and actually think you would give a wife a bit. Trust me love does stange things. If you turn up a white stick and guide dog he might get the hint though ;D ;D ;D ;D
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

mark dew

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 08:21:12 pm »
:o What's all that about?
I would consider myself doing someone a HUGE favour to work like that.
So much in fact that i can't see how i would ever do it.
That's a bit too much on the sneaky side of normal, for me to do that. Unless it was a one off. Only hassle could come from it.   :)

mci services

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 08:23:07 pm »
i have one where if the husband is in am not to do the windows above the flat roof but if hes out they get done and i get an extra fiver for my trouble

cozy

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 06:21:36 am »
I think it's funny when a bloke answers the door when I'm collecting. I say,"Hello, window cleaner.............."
He says,"No mate, don't need one, they are clean enough"
I say,"Get your wife to come to the door please"
She pays, job done. 8) ;D

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 02:23:02 pm »
It's amazing how many hubbies don't think they have a window cleaner. I assume they believe their wives clean the windows. They do a bloody good job too; they could almost be a pro ;)

LSB

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 06:15:20 pm »
i also have 2 customers where im not to put a ticket through when im finished .

i also have a few where the husbands wont pay if their in , as its the wife who organised it and wants them done !!   

Sean Dyer

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 06:16:45 pm »
i have a few blokes who let misses pay... If i catch them they pretend not to have money ?

Totus

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 07:04:19 pm »
I've got one and she gets in a right panic when the vans in the street. She pops out and has a word asks me if i'm "in the street again tomorrow"......seen her hubby strutting about trying to look hard when i've been about on w/ends so kind of glad i don't need to deal with him really.