This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

crouch_400

Re: Any on here deal with Pedus?
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 09:15:32 pm »
not that i know of/  if i remember corectly its jodie and a jackie green -

crouch_400

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2009, 09:19:03 pm »
we have sites all over yorkshire so the argos sites just fit in with the rest of the work - its only a small profit off the argos sites i can tell ya - but its a small profit id rather have than not at all

if they wernt near our other weekly sites we wouldnt bother at all.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2009, 09:19:44 pm »
Be better to fill that time with residential youd make more money!!

Dean Taberner

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 09:22:13 pm »
we have sites all over yorkshire so the argos sites just fit in with the rest of the work - its only a small profit off the argos sites i can tell ya - but its a small profit id rather have than not at all

Have you ever heard of a company who do work in leeds by the name of FM serviscare?
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

crouch_400

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2009, 09:24:29 pm »
we only do commercial these days got out of domestics years ago when we turned vat reg . - my lads dont have time to do houses to be fair its contract work every morning then larger buildings / offices / reach and wash jobs .

only problem i found with the domestics was when you have some bad- rainy- weeks youve got 4 or 5 lads sat around getting no wages .

commercial solves that problem - just supply the staff with water proofs lol

WCE

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2009, 09:27:01 pm »

Thats fair enough although the profit margin cant be much (although I understand the reasons).
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

crouch_400

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 09:28:25 pm »
nope sory dean i dont know them ? do you do work for them ?

we do work in leeds / bradford but its normally contract sites like mothercare / elc /argos and we do some for network rail too .

WCE

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 09:31:41 pm »
Ahh so you before you answer me I see it - This work forms part of a bigger package.

crouch_400

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 09:36:16 pm »
Insert Quote 
Ahh so you before you answer me I see it - This work forms part of a bigger package.
 if you men it fits in with our other regional contracts - then yes - like i said before if we didnt have lots of other sites ( with better margins on ) we wouldnt do them .

we try never to say no to any work to be fair - you never know when a client will drop a big contract that pays well - when you cover lots of sites for them it only makes sense for them to uses you on the new sites too.

WCE

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 10:03:30 pm »
Thought so! Understand where you are coming from I did wonder how anybody could make a business profitable on those prices  but if they are fillers then fair enough.

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 05:13:46 am »
hi we do a fair bit of work for them - 50 odd Argos site and the price is 7 quid a store in and out - poor pricing structure to be fair as we have some whoppers on the lads work sheets - Mike g How are you getting on with your sites from them ?

They did have Abbey but thats gone to another one of our clients now .

payment wise - we always get payed - does take some effort though.
Oh well I guess I won't be doing them then. I quoted more than twice that per store.
I wouldn't do them for less.
Some of the ones I'm quoting are in Central London, can't imagine any window cleaner with access to that volume of work would do anything for £7. Not with the congestion charge on top of other costs.

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 05:19:33 am »
Sounds like I was wrong then, £7 a store!  :o :o :o

It must be tricky to make a profit, unless you have loads of other shops in a row, it would work then.

Oh well I'll see what they say today.

Mike_G

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 03:16:20 pm »
Hey Mr Sparkle you never know if they cannot get them done for £7.00 then they might well have to pay you more

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 04:31:20 pm »
Hey Mr Sparkle you never know if they cannot get them done for £7.00 then they might well have to pay you more

No, they will find someone I'm sure. It's because people accept work at these prices that the big companies go into businesses like Argos and win national contracts.

If you don't value what you do no-one else will either.
The bloke earlier may have loads of other shops around them, but it still too cheap IMO

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 04:33:40 pm »
Funnily enough chased up the quote I had done today.

They are after £7 a store. I just laughed, and I will walk away from the whole thing, if the price isn't better.
I'm not chasing my tail for that sort of money.

Mike_G

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2009, 05:01:45 pm »
Pretty sure Carmen has left them now. Infact I think she left a while ago.

Pete I dont really deal with anyone there I do the work, send them an invoice and they eventually pay me.