This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

thieves
« on: September 19, 2009, 01:55:10 pm »
anyone ever had anything stolen from there van while working round the back of a house while using there van mount system with there back doors open?

traps7

Re: thieves
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 02:24:58 pm »
Not yet but I do worry about my 25' SLX.

I take it to do bungalows as I'm worried it'll get nicked if I left it in the van!

It is insured for fire and theft but not if I'm half way down the road with the back doors open.

I have a static so no RO etc in the van.

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 02:27:47 pm »
why would you leave your doors open? 

Its always locked up when im away from it. Regardless of the type of area im in.

traps7

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 02:54:45 pm »
People work differently.

I dont want to lift 100 metres of hose out the back of my van so my reel is fixed in the back.

I'm never that far away and I don't work in any dodgy areas anyway.

spotless2000

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 03:11:55 pm »

Its always locked up when im away from it. Regardless of the type of area im in.

Same here.

If a van was stolen and it was later proved that the vehicle wasn't locked I would imagine this would lead to the insurance company refusing to pay out.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 03:24:04 pm »
Had my point nicked week before last.
Very annoying. Didn't notice for a day or two as I don't use it every day.

Scumbags. What's wrong with people, it wouldn't even occur to me to steal something like that.
They were lucky I didn't catch 'em. Some of the 'old personality' might have popped up, if you catch my drift.

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 03:24:54 pm »
Just to clarify when I say 'steal something like that' I mean in that manner, not that I would steal something else.  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 04:28:39 pm »

Same here.

If a van was stolen and it was later proved that the vehicle wasn't locked I would imagine this would lead to the insurance company refusing to pay out.

nearly every single insurance if not all will not pay out if the van is not using the said safety devices, locks imobiliser, alarm.
We lift out for this reason, if there is another way round this I would love for someone to add pictures and give some advice on how it is done.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

spotless2000

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 04:54:17 pm »
I did see a posting on here a few weeks ago where someone had designed a roller plate mechanism that fitted into the floor allowing the hose to be pulled through whilst the doors were shut.  I'll see if I can locate it.

spotless2000

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 05:08:56 pm »
This isn't the post that I was looking for but the 1st picture will give you an idea

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=75769.0

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 09:24:34 pm »
I did see a posting on here a few weeks ago where someone had designed a roller plate mechanism that fitted into the floor allowing the hose to be pulled through whilst the doors were shut.  I'll see if I can locate it.

Yea it was me, this is the thread. :)

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=76893.0

Haven't had one job where I had  to take the reel out for.

spotless2000

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 09:43:45 pm »
Yep, that was the post.

Cheers ;)

Richy L

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 10:43:49 pm »
I had my trainers nicked from my van the other week when i change into my wellies!
 ::)

dai

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 11:52:40 am »
This subject makes me despair. I know there have always been thieves, but values have changed so much over the years. A why buy it if you can nick it attitude is increasing as the years go by.
I have had nothing taken from the van, but I have lost three 100yard nets stolen from my boat. I now have to thread a chain through them all and lock them up.
This would never have happened when I was younger. there was a code of ethics that you never touched an other mans gear. If you did you would be finished as far as the fishing community was concerned.
We would all like to think that we left this world in a better state than we found it. I'm afraid that we are failing miserably.
These scumbags should be transported to an uninhabited island, and left to fend for themselves.
Or at least sentanced to spend time in a developing ccountry to work for local rates of pay.
A slap on the wrist isn't working, perhaps severing at the wrist would be more affective.
  RANT OVER.

traps7

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 01:29:05 pm »
That would make a good new thread though

spotless2000

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 01:32:37 pm »
Criminals have more rights than their victims. >:(

Criminals should be made to FULLY repay their victims and society.

Shortening their time in prison is giving out the wrong message.

If they have to be released early then give them community work and not something easy.

I could go on .......

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 01:35:59 pm »
I was listening to a guy I knew a while ago (good few years actually) who used to nick cars for a living. I tell you it was a different story coming from him when someone nicked his car  ;D  The way he told the story was really funny actually, stealing from a thief.... ;D  ;D oh how he cried!!

Still makes me laugh when he tells me. He's a reformed character now actually, a kind of lovable rogue, and made amends to those he stole from, but it is SO true what they say, what goes around comes around!

Matt