This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alishalucy

upgrading pump on backpack
« on: September 18, 2009, 04:57:50 pm »
hi there about to purchase a backpack any advice on which one? and also a pole? and also ive been told you can upgrade the pump to a 120psi pump but ive no idea how to do that but sounds interesting.
and is a R O system better than a d i system?
these questions are so familar but so important for someone trying to understand how do set it up. very gratefull ryan!!!!

windowashing

Re: upgrading pump on backpack
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 05:04:14 pm »
hi there about to purchase a backpack any advice on which one? and also a pole? and also ive been told you can upgrade the pump to a 120psi pump but ive no idea how to do that but sounds interesting.
and is a R O system better than a d i system?
these questions are so familar but so important for someone trying to understand how do set it up. very gratefull ryan!!!!

Firstly, why would you want that pressure?

Do you need a R.O. unit then?  What is your TDS

alishalucy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 05:10:02 pm »
my dad said that 120psi is way too much but i maybe think that the standard 40psi pump on backpack is not enough taking a guess is it enough??

windowashing

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:18:34 pm »
my dad said that 120psi is way too much but i maybe think that the standard 40psi pump on backpack is not enough taking a guess is it enough??

Yeah it's loads,

I ran 100 metres hose from back of van on a 40psi pump no worries.  Had to turn the flow down in fact!

If you use 120psi, you'll have more leaks springing, and hoselock fittings more likely to blow.

Where ru based?

LWC

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 05:42:55 pm »
40 psi not enough? I used mint the other day at 50 + foot and only on setting 2...its more than enough, And as windowwashing said its enough to run 100m of hose...so no you dont need to upgrade ... ive only got 100psi in the van and they are turned right down...no need for al that pressure mate  ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 07:10:24 pm »
The flow on the dual pumps slows at approx 70ft vertical, with silicon 4mm hose.

alishalucy

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 01:44:23 pm »
hi based near wrexham but clean in chester, my dad runs his out of the van good set up but im thinking backpack for me but dont know which one to get??? thanks for putting me mind at ease about the pressure though just seemed odd my dad and others are running 100psi and the backpacks 40psi but it must be ok cheers ryan

LWC

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 04:06:03 pm »
Get a shurflo backpack,

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/backpacks/shurflo-backpack.html

This is one place you could get one but shop around. This is just one example but youll be looking at around the £200 mark. But i tell you, its the best £200 ive ever spent. I work in Oswestry mate if ever you want to take a trip down to take a look at it.  ;)

alishalucy

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 09:30:33 am »
hi LWC retained firefighter sounds familiar haha is it brad???

LWC

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 09:44:15 am »
No its matt, Brads me best mate, i helped brad set the site up, who are you?

alishalucy

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 10:00:16 am »
ryan mate brads best mate haha wierd, you got backpack then?? bad works for you sometimes dont he?hope all's wel mate

LWC

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 10:03:14 am »
Cool, you on msn?

alishalucy

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 10:20:13 am »
yes mate rgriffiths11@hotmail.co.uk brill be wel good to have a chat im so lost with all this wfp business be good to get your advice bro

LWC

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 10:44:21 am »
No worries mate, i will help you  ;)  am on msn now

alishalucy

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 11:03:41 am »
hi mate i cant sign on msn on this computer i'll be home later this evening mate i'll see if u online then, im away at mo.