This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

R W C

Re: Tell your window cleaner to Take a hike
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2009, 05:43:49 pm »
WinWaa

Why are you making such an effort to post on here?

Surely your time would be put to better use trying to persuade potential customers that you are so good.

As for creating a stir on here, what if it does? It's not going to get you new customers is it?

Well in one sense you may be right I probably should spend less time in forums such as these lol But actually all the links that this forum and many others including blogs across the globe have generated for the website it is pushing our websites pr up weekly, that was the whole point and still is.  Search for "residential window cleaning" on google and bear in mind that with out any regional words it is an international search so one would assume very hard to appear on google on the first page, but there we are first page of google.

do people seriously search this in google, or do you think they search "window cleaner london"   "window cleaner manchester" etc etc etc, seraching residential window cleaning isnt going to get them a very gfood result and i doubt you get work from this search

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2009, 05:43:54 pm »
Links on this forum will not be collated by Google, if that were the case we'd all be on the front page from this forum alone.

Google cannot access this forum.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:www.cleanitup.co.uk+ncpm&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enGB278GB278

R W C

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2009, 05:46:18 pm »
but it gets him hits to his site from everyone clicking on it, and with us keep posting on it keeps the thread at the top then more people click on it.

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2009, 06:05:03 pm »
... and the bllsht continues.

he tested rainx a few years back but it doesn't work long term, yet on a video posted on you tube 5 months ago he advertises this product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb7NLr5LzV8

its 32 secs in.

You have just blown Ewan out of the water for the top bllshter.

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2009, 06:13:07 pm »
But Chris DO visits to a site affect google position.

Ive just created a new website, nothing to do with window clenaing, it hasnt had ONE visitor, but ranks number one on the first page of google.

R W C

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2009, 06:17:00 pm »
But Chris DO visits to a site affect google position.

Ive just created a new website, nothing to do with window clenaing, it hasnt had ONE visitor, but ranks number one on the first page of google.

new visits do yes, thats why google do that pay for clicks thing.

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 06:18:10 pm »
Not on web-page links though Chris, this is what Im saying. Google doesnt know how many people click to visit a site from another web page.

Google do that pay per clicks thing (AdSense or AdWords) to make money for Google; no other reason.

So Google will know how many visit a site from a pay per click scenario, but from here (CIU) no way!

Pittmonkey

'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

winwaa

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2009, 07:07:15 pm »
... and the bllsht continues.

he tested rainx a few years back but it doesn't work long term, yet on a video posted on you tube 5 months ago he advertises this product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb7NLr5LzV8

its 32 secs in.

You have just blown Ewan out of the water for the top bllshter.

yes we used to use rainX no reason to deny that, but not anymore

winwaa

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 07:14:06 pm »
http://www.prlog.org/10105760-self-cleaning-nanotechnology-solution-for-todays-pollution.html

Are we getting warmer. :-\

sounds like good stuff but I bet its a damn site more expensive to buy tha what we use, would be interesting to find out a cost on this stuff, cheers for the link.

winwaa

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 07:17:17 pm »
Not on web-page links though Chris, this is what Im saying. Google doesnt know how many people click to visit a site from another web page.

Google do that pay per clicks thing (AdSense or AdWords) to make money for Google; no other reason.

So Google will know how many visit a site from a pay per click scenario, but from here (CIU) no way!

Set up google analytics, google knows exactly how many hits your website is getting, from where, at what time, and also from what site. This site alone has generated over 140 hits to my site in less than a month. add that to all the other clicks and hits my site gets from all the blogs writting about the site it soon racks up.

winwaa

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 07:19:06 pm »

for anyone interested and far far far away from London I can help with seo specifics for any window cleaning Co that wants it.
Set up google analytics, google knows exactly how many hits your website is getting, from where, at what time, and also from what site. This site alone has generated over 140 hits to my site in less than a month. add that to all the other clicks and hits my site gets from all the blogs writting about the site it soon racks up.

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2009, 07:19:49 pm »
Thats with Google analytics, any stat site does that for you.

Google cannot tell what numbers of clicks a site recieves just because the site is indexed by Google.

Getting clicks to your site from here does NOTHING for you, your site or rankings/page rank in Google.

winwaa

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2009, 10:12:54 am »
Well...Google analytics is actually html code on your site that saves and reports all incoming traffic its not just stats all a stat site will do is give aprox traffic per day etc' google analytics gives full reports. As I stated before, 140+ hits from this site alone google analytics is how I came to know about all the comments made on here because I saw so much traffic coming from this site. One can see all info such as howmany hits coming from what site and how many page views per hit and even what pages have been veiwed. More traffic a site gets (assuming the site has good content)the more authorative google veiws it and thus your page rank will rise, abviously other reasons as well like quality links from quality sites and a website with new and original content. Seo is not just about traffic but traffic does count.

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2009, 10:27:16 am »
I understand that you are saying that you knew about this site because your site stats tells you where people are coming from when they hit your site, but in this instance that is all that those clicks do for you. This site CANNOT be crawled by google, so any links from here to your site do not compute on googles stats. So far as google is concerned this could all be spam and that would have a negative impact on your ranking. Google cannot read but it can count, think about that.

ALSO if a link on an open web-page is to count in helping to improve your google ranking it wont if there is a 'no-follow' tag after it. So beware, we all talk about links to our site, but a no-follow tag makes a link useless.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2009, 10:31:50 am »
my site www.gacontracts.co.uk has statcounter on it....i can see what keyword a user has typed in, i can see what their ip addy is, i can see what website they came from ie cleanitup etc,i can see what they had for dinner last night...ok the last one was made up, but i can see just about everything else. ;D

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2009, 10:32:41 am »
BTW a high proportion of open forums links are 'no-follow'.

You just need to find the ones that arent, also blogs that arent, post a comment, leave your web link in the comment and so long as the blog is open, even has a reasonable page rank is even better, then bobs your uncle!  ;D

Im with statcounter too. Google analytics is IMO overly complicated, theres no need at all for 80% of the figures they offer. Like I said Google can count and when it does it cant stop  ;D it spews out the most ridiculously unecessary figures, computations and analysis going  ;D

As for quality links, generally theyre viewed as what is needed, but you can be #1 on googles first page with NO links to your site without paying a penny  ;)

trevor perry

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2009, 04:20:06 pm »
http://www.prlog.org/10105760-self-cleaning-nanotechnology-solution-for-todays-pollution.html

Are we getting warmer. :-\

sounds like good stuff but I bet its a damn site more expensive to buy tha what we use, would be interesting to find out a cost on this stuff, cheers for the link.

winwaa i would be very interested in the product you use, are you saying you just add it to the water tank to apply it if so then it sounds brilliant, i have tried different coatings in the past but they have always been too time consuming to apply. if you email me some details then i would certainly like to come and see the product i am based in the north west of england.

Thanks Trevor
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2009, 04:40:00 pm »
Rain racer was being sold in postcoded areas only, so dont laugh but winwaa may have the exclusive rights to all London for that product.
Its a polymer coating that you apply by hand then 1-2 min later apply a second coat.After 3-4 min. wash off haze (dead solvents and polymers) with clean water. Dry glass and buff polish using a dry fresh cloth. It contains Isopropanol.
Remeber the dutch guy at the cleaning show ? he has a polymer product called Permanon and one that you add to water. Technology will catch up with us one day, will you be ready.

winwaa

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2009, 12:36:05 am »
rain racer is good but it is very time intensive like all other hand applied hydrophobic products. The product we have is added to the pure water supply.