This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Do customers look at their windows?
« on: September 14, 2009, 08:23:37 pm »
I spend every day huffing and puffing over the results of my window cleans, never happy, never getting the perfect house and certainly never getting a quality first clean.
Yet every day more and nore work pours in, nearly all by recommendation. "you do such a brilliant job that I phoned my daughter up and told her to cancel her cleaner!"
(turned that one down - too far away).
I think they must be more impressed with the frames than the glass sometimes 'cos i'm never impressed.

NWH

Re: Do customers look at their windows?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:25:39 pm »
To the custie it looks far better than rubbing a dirty old ragg over them dosen`t it look at it from there point of view you are actually giving them a good wash everytime frames an all.

pingu

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:46:54 pm »
3 years dong ftp and yet I feel that I am not really giving the customer a 100% job...I never really feel I have left the house clean and spotless.

I can spend ages on some windows...I would bet that I scrub some windows with 5 or 6 passes and then on some...whiz over them but yet only a couple of complaints\issues per year...if that now.

I suppose that with trad at least there is a finished product to view and assess before moving onto the next job.

Anyone else feel the same?

Cheers
Dave.

John Walker

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:49:36 pm »
Customers do tend to look if you draw their attention to the windows and go on and on about WFP and the technicalities etc.

I find if you give them the impression that you expect it to be a perfect job, I'm sure it stops them looking too closely.  If you look at the finish as an overall result it's usually pretty good.

Like you, I strive for a perfect finish and generally I do well but if I study the finish in detail there are often areas where I feel like getting the pole out again.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

John Walker

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:52:08 pm »
Customers do tend to look if you make the mistake of drawing their attention to the windows and go on and on about WFP and the technicalities etc.

I find if you give them the impression that you expect it to be a perfect job and just talk about the weather, their dog or the garden, I'm sure it stops them looking too closely.  

If you look at the finish as an overall result it's usually pretty good.

Like you, I strive for a perfect finish and generally I do well but if I study the finish in detail there are often areas where I feel like getting the pole out again.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

Sean Dyer

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 08:55:08 pm »
picked one up sunday he had done his own leaded windows, by hosing them! They looked disgraceful, even if i just scrubbed them with a dirty cloth theyd look a million times better, so long as sun didnt shine :)

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 08:58:26 pm »
are you sure it is not the inside of the glass that is dirty, thats what i find in most cases,

Craig 72

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 09:09:40 pm »
Yeah I agree with you ftp.I've fretted about leaving a house not 100% happy but the next time they see me they tell me how pleased they are.I've not had one customer complain in my first 6 months of being a window cleaner and there's been countless places I've struggled to get immaculate.Since I've gone wfp I still seem to get these pesky white dots in the top corners of windows,regardless of how much I rinse etc,but still no complaints.

Ross G

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 09:23:52 pm »

Ah damn
 this thread has taken some wind out of my sails. 20 odd years trad and i've just ordered my p/freedom trolly today, i've been studying for what seems like an age on the net and was just about 100 % sure this was going to be a brave new dawn for me, but hearing some of these comments especially from the vetrans sent a wee shiver down my spine, but hey no turning back i'll be striving for the best results just like you all.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 09:25:54 pm »
are you sure it is not the inside of the glass that is dirty, thats what i find in most cases,

Me? I put a finger accross them and it was the exterior glass :)

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 09:30:41 pm »

this was going to be a brave new dawn for me, but hearing some of these comments especially from the vetrans sent a wee shiver down my spine, but hey no turning back i'll be striving for the best results just like you all.

It can be a brave new dawn for you, it undoubtedly will be. It was for me.

Just remember to continually strive to be thorough. Cutting corners literally is something Ive found is easier to let happen WFP than if you you clean trad. Rinsing is to me just about the most important part, but beware of trapped water (such as in vents, behind openers) that leaves a run after youve left.

Matt