Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

timon

ladders
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:46:42 am »
hi . i went to a car boot sale this sunday gone .a window clearning was selling old doubles ladders aiuminium  for £30 .the bottom ring was loose due ware on the sides.was not until that i got home that i thought that thier could be tig welded. by then two late.if that did work that would  hopefully save a  new set of ladders ::)

dazmond

Re: ladders
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 11:06:30 am »
NEVER compromise on cheap ladders to save a few quid.its false economy.3.5 metre trade ladders u want for normal domestics.cost u about 120quid.i would recommend laaders mitts and rojak ladderstopper as well if ur a sole trader.safety is paramount.i also have 30ft extension poles for awkward windows,swivel squeegys etc.they will come in handy for the winter for all them slippery surfaces.i usually buy a new set every few years.the bottom 2 or 3 rungs always wear first.if u fall off and survive you,ll soon change ur mind.ive been TRAD for 15 yrs and fell off twice.i was lucky.last time about 10 yrs ago.safety fir

st now.i love TRAD but gona try WFP next year.hopefully ill get a good mixture of the two for the job in hand good luck dazmond
price higher/work harder!

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 05:06:14 pm »
i just got some triple ladders for £110 from bnq to do my gutter cleans perfect for the job, mind you got a lot off gutter cleans to do this week

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:52:45 pm »
hi . i went to a car boot sale this sunday gone .a window clearning was selling old doubles ladders aiuminium  for £30 .the bottom ring was loose due ware on the sides.was not until that i got home that i thought that thier could be tig welded. by then two late.if that did work that would  hopefully save a  new set of ladders ::)

That's funny.  I was at a car boot sale on Sunday and sold off my old ladders LOL.  Not for anything like £30 though and I did point out any defects (broken feet, end missing from stiles).
Wasn't Pease Pottage boot sale near Crawley was it?   ;D
Don't recall any loose rungs on mine so it wouldn't have been the same sale.  I sold an old triple 3.5 mtr and two old double 3.5mtr ones.  Not suitable for regular trade use but OK for occasional domestic use if checked and/or repaired as necessary.
I made a profit (after entry fee) of about £50 on the morning.  Wasn't really too bothered about how much I took.  Just wanted to clear the garage so I can hand it back to the council.

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:27:38 pm »
£30 for second hand ladders when new set are only £80 seems silly to me