Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

When to stop advertising

0 (0%)

0 (0%)
13.3%
2 (13.3%)
20%
3 (20%)
20%
3 (20%)
46.7%
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Paul_Rolfe

When do you stop advertising
« on: September 14, 2009, 06:47:26 am »
50 customers?
75?
100?
200?
300?
400?

One man band I mean, not multipals.

pingu

Re: When do you stop advertising
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 07:41:02 am »

Paul_Rolfe

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 07:57:27 am »
You only have 50 customers?

Over a month then you do about 12 a week?

2 jobs a day?

Are you part time on purpose or are you a fireman/postie?

pingu

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:13:10 am »
Only pulling your leg...

Personally for me it will be at the 230customers stage..but each year I find I have around 12% drop rate and obviously these need to be replaced.

I believe that these drops are healthy as they enable me to review pricing and ammend where required.

230 customers every 8weeks seems to be a nice way of working...hey I have a day off today then start my week tommorow.

Cheers
Dave.

Paul_Rolfe

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:26:09 am »
Thought you might be...  he he.

Now, what about this 12%.  Can they be replaced by word of mouth or people seeing you working? I'm just wondering if it's worth paying for more advertising if your not really looking for many (12% of 230 is what?40?) You might get them through words of mouth.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 08:43:26 am »
It depends what you want to do , personally i will keep advertising till i have a team working flat out and im not doing much other than a day here and there and keeping it all running smoothly, but there is always room to hone your round for easier/better priced work, and replace the crap! But if yo get to a stage where you have got to your goal then i suppose if you are happy you could stop taking work on, but id just bring in better and sell off worse work or drop it :)

PCNW

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 03:38:30 pm »
NEVER

mick hay

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 04:56:07 pm »
I will never stop advertising,

From spring through to the end of summer i have a minimum of 10k leaflets going out for windows and conservatories, that keeps me topped up and nice and busy with my add ons.

With my average, i will be totally full (5 days 4 weekly) once i get to 460 custies (on 322 at moment).

Even then i will still advertise, its good to keep your name bouncing around.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 04:59:16 pm »
I have stopped advertising it is a waste of money and it doesnt work.

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 06:40:18 pm »
Never stop advertising, there is always better jobs to be got.
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 06:41:25 pm »
I have stopped advertising it is a waste of money and it doesnt work.

Surely your web site is a form of advertising
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

RK Cleaning Services

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 06:43:38 pm »
Never stop as theirs allways bigger better jobs out there

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 06:48:44 pm »
It is, but it doesnt generate much, not nearly enough considering the time effort and cost.

Paid for advertising should give you a healthy return on time effort and cost, ie it should pay back MORE than you put into it or else its a waste of time.

Advertising is dead, the advertising agency wont tell you that will they, we are bombarded with 40'000 images each day and our minds just switch off so we dont see anything.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 07:02:17 pm »
Best form of it is your van and what it has on it that might catch peoples eye that`s the key,people are always out and about but there not always flicking through the yellow pages are they.The van if it stands out will be a reminder that your there not an ad in a book.

Paul_Rolfe

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 07:31:30 pm »
I was kinda meaning advertising in the paper media, not so much on yer van or whateva.

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 07:38:18 pm »
you would be better making it at what earnings do you stop as number of customers means very little, its how much you earn, and then again you will probably get slagged of for another earnings poll  ;D I say 250+ for one person and you can settle down and just let word of mouth keep you going.

windymiller

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 08:01:14 pm »
YOU NEVER STOP ADVERTISING

I always get asked how many customers i have but i dont go off that i go off what i earn per a day.
If your rota is full up you then have the option of either taking somebody on as an emplee or worm out the rubbish and replace with better priced work.
Somebody who stops advertising has got in the comfort zone.
I ve always been taught to never say  NO to any job and think about how im going to do it after.  ;D

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 08:07:40 pm »
There is a knack to this branding, /advertising,coercing/winning people to refer you.The problem is posting on a public forum.Luckily not many believe what they read anyway.

What do you do at the moment wolfie?

peter holley

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 08:18:42 pm »
I was kinda meaning advertising in the paper media, not so much on yer van or whateva.

the paper has been a waste of time for me.  yellow pagesis ok , but just the free one line is as good as a paid advert.   flyers are ok...but i target specific job types. and so I dont just pay someone to mass leaflet drop...

door knocking is buy far the best.
in answer to your question on stopping, every buisnesshas to go forward! so stopping isnt an option :o

NWH

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 08:20:25 pm »
Word of mouth is the thing that will get you the most business on domestics,if there friends trust you the chances are they will.