This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PCNW

Re: Would Anyone Undercut ?
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 04:19:48 pm »
Correct they had me for a year then i sold and the current wc is telling me hes picked up 8 more in the first 6 10 weeks

PCNW

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 04:21:39 pm »
we wernt only cheaper not many wcs can match us on quality - Cheaper and better quality plus customers know what day we clean and exactly when we collect - We are very reliable

cozy

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2009, 04:23:34 pm »
OK mate, but, some blokes on here, not me by the way, have been in this game since the age of 16. Some of them are over 55 now, and any one of these blokes will tell you, it's not about price. OK, so some of the WC's you bumped out were crap. So why did you have to go in at a lower price?

PCNW

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2009, 04:32:26 pm »
Gave us an advantage to provide a much better service at a lower price eliminating the competition then putting prices up - The loyal stayed with us the price consious didnt - I understand quality is very important thats why we could put prices up by upto 200% on the previous cleaner

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2009, 04:38:08 pm »
There is no way if you tried that here it would fly with customers, and that's in the north too. There is nothing illegal about what you are talking about, but I suspect now that your lying m8. I could be wrong but thats what I think. Also regardless of that.

If you came into my area, and did that to me, I doubt my customers would move over to you, but if allot did, and I was going out of business because of it, I would match your qoute, then put the prices back up when you disappear. I would also take or sent them a few of your qouts from this and regardless of the legality of it, the public and I suspect allot of the window cleaners on here would view you as a rouge, that wont last a minute.

cozy

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2009, 04:38:26 pm »
Ever heard the expression, "Give a man enough rope"?

Dean Taberner

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2009, 04:41:10 pm »
If i didnt undercut its fair to say id have no work 8)

Only joking, never undercut on domestic work, its very naughty >:( >:( >:( >:(
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

PCNW

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 04:51:52 pm »
There is no way if you tried that here it would fly with customers, and that's in the north too. There is nothing illegal about what you are talking about, but I suspect now that your lying m8. I could be wrong but thats what I think. Also regardless of that.

If you came into my area, and did that to me, I doubt my customers would move over to you, but if allot did, and I was going out of business because of it, I would match your qoute, then put the prices back up when you disappear. I would also take or sent them a few of your qouts from this and regardless of the legality of it, the public and I suspect allot of the window cleaners on here would view you as a rouge, that wont last a minute.
The rounds i have sold are expanding nicely - The one i kept i got alittle more then a was asking for it. If you would put your prices down to match mine id have dropped them again and again till it was worth your trouble-If you stuck it out id do the work for £1 with a free clean thrown in each time - It was an investment not a business then

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 05:00:23 pm »

The rounds i have sold are expanding nicely - The one i kept i got alittle more then a was asking for it. If you would put your prices down to match mine id have dropped them again and again till it was worth your trouble-If you stuck it out id do the work for £1 with a free clean thrown in each time - It was an investment not a business then

If you could do it, so could I, people wouldn't just give up there lively hood easily, and customer wont stand for ridiculous mark-ups. Also while you are busy doing all them houses for £1 I will make a better living, because lets face it, you can only do so much charity work, then when you sell the business, I will sent a letter out to all these customers who are now paying double what I was charging them, and take the customers back.

Its doesn't work in theory and I doubt it has ever worked in practice.

PCNW

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 05:05:31 pm »
There is a few satisfied WCs you can ask. The customers loved the service we brought and when we upped the prices we only lost 6 on all 4 rounds - We provide exceptional quality and reliability plus we would offer extra services for their money - We would even clean garage doors for free on the first 3 months cleans- Thats was when i was expanding as long as the round sutstained itself ie wages for the lad i would be happy to wait

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 05:18:58 pm »
It doesn't matter what service you offer, or what you do for free if you are just building to sell to another window cleaner. Its the service they receive after you disappear. Also more to the point the bill they are left with after they have made the mistake of switching to you. You wouldn't keep the customers for long, no chance.

That's why you don't stick around, after you have milked the customer and window cleaner who buys the work off you. If you really do what you say.

Also if you are for real, and are making a fortune from putting window cleaners out of business like that, who in there right mind would come on to a window cleaners forum and lay out all there plans and methods, its not smart and is why I think you are pulling our leg here.

PCNW

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2009, 05:22:18 pm »
wrong i keep in touch with all wcs who bought my work and they are thrieving - I still see some customers as they are local and not heard a bad word mate

PCNW

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 06:07:35 pm »
i know my business well and it proved it when i sold the work that i got through these means

PCNW

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2009, 06:11:59 pm »
Went on one round in widnes the guy charged £6 a fortnight just windows - I took them all for £5 a month plus frames then put the prices upto £10+ a month

Sold the round and its still expanding - i went in got the business, grew the business i had then moved on

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 06:20:00 pm »
pcnw whats the name of your company is it something and scrim based st helens

simon knight

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2009, 06:48:34 pm »

It's been said a million times before...but...

...if I'm ASKED "How much"? Then I'll give a price. Might be cheaper...might be dearer...but that's my price for your house.

If the customer says "Can you be my window cleaner"? Then if I've undercut somebody...tough titty...that's commerce for you!

But never ever ever ask how much they're paying and offer to do it for less.

Why?

It's not so much because you're taking the bread out of a fellow window cleaners mouth (after all we're in this game to make money for ourselves) but by deliberately undercutting you're lowering the benchmark for the entire area.

So: A 3 bed semi that cleaned for £10 and somebody says"£8" and the offer is taken up...suddenly everybody in the street wants the same £8 clean....and then £8 becomes the going rate.

Then some coconut comes along and says "£6"....

...where does it end?

Rather than deliberately undercut perhaps people should aspire to the higher prices some window cleaners can command.

Of course if you're a crap window cleaner then £2ph is too much for you ;D

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 06:50:29 pm »
Went on one round in widnes the guy charged £6 a fortnight just windows - I took them all for £5 a month plus frames then put the prices upto £10+ a month

Sold the round and its still expanding - i went in got the business, grew the business i had then moved on
what happened to the bloke charging £6 and his family? are you the godfather of st helens windowcleaners? do you decide who makes a living in this game? i felt the same watching that bloke on dragons den it all boils down to greed.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 06:58:36 pm »

It's been said a million times before...but...

...if I'm ASKED "How much"? Then I'll give a price. Might be cheaper...might be dearer...but that's my price for your house.

If the customer says "Can you be my window cleaner"? Then if I've undercut somebody...tough titty...that's commerce for you!

But never ever ever ask how much they're paying and offer to do it for less.

Why?

It's not so much because you're taking the bread out of a fellow window cleaners mouth (after all we're in this game to make money for ourselves) but by deliberately undercutting you're lowering the benchmark for the entire area.

So: A 3 bed semi that cleaned for £10 and somebody says"£8" and the offer is taken up...suddenly everybody in the street wants the same £8 clean....and then £8 becomes the going rate.

...where does it end?

Rather than deliberately undercut perhaps people should aspire to the higher prices some window cleaners can command.

Of course if you're a crap window cleaner then £2ph is too much for you ;D

I think what PCNW did by the sounds of it is found out the cleaner did them for £6 and offered his services for £5. Which is without doubt morally wrong.

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 07:03:31 pm »

that made me laugh, coconut, your a funny man. But completely agree, its more about teaching the public what is actually cost to do the job, and keeping the prices in-line with inflation rather than sending the industry back to the 1950's.

But this guy is having a laugh with us surely. If I changed to a cheaper window cleaner, then ended up paying more money 12 months down the line, I would feel that I had been done, and would go back to my last window cleaner with my tail between my legs.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 07:06:25 pm »
this is ballderdash there will be no competion left? there will allways be
  window cleaners starting up you would just be working long hours for nothing
  or relieing on selling to make your money assuming you didnt get kneecapt
  by someone youd crossed'