This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PCNW

pubs
« on: September 13, 2009, 07:57:25 pm »
Anyone clean pubs ? How often and how much would be reasonable?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: pubs
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 08:01:26 pm »
How long is a piece of string?
depends on how big the pub is, what type of windows, when you can clean them and when you can't, access to the windows. The list goes on.
You have to take all this into account when pricing any job. Pubs are no different.

Hope this helps.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 08:05:12 pm »
We do a couple of pubs and as matt says above
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Sean Dyer

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 08:07:52 pm »
Mate, not being funny, but if you had such a big wc business, and now a construction co, surely you can answer that question!??

PCNW

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 08:25:13 pm »
never cleaned a pub before - Im giving a quote next week but not sure if i can be bothered to travel the other end of town for it so just seeing whats the highest price i can quote for it - Not really bothered if they say im too dear but if i get a good rate for it maybe its worth the trouble

PCNW

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 08:27:20 pm »
also some samll shops with general sized window inside and out on a weekly basis including the door
How much do you charge for shops in general inside and out

R W C

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 08:41:47 pm »
I think we need a yawn smiley added

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 09:00:31 pm »
The trouble with pub work is that it has to have someone there for you to clean inside. That means you have to fit your work in with the job and not the other way around.
I would therefore price this up at the top end of your price range. Many pubs have non standard windows as well, so if the window is 1 1/2times the size of your standard domestic, charge 1  1/2 times the value.
There aren't any kudos to cleaning a pub. Only hassle and commitment. So price well. Or you might regret getting the job a couple of cleans down the line.

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 09:05:07 pm »
The pubs i do are:-
Wetherspoons done weekly
Mitchell and Bultler- (which are Toby carevery and  the harvesters) done every other week
TCG pubs some are weekly and some every other week
Orchid pubs done monthly
Leased pubs - depends on manager
Hope that helps
Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

TonyD

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 09:05:26 pm »
never cleaned a pub before - Im giving a quote next week but not sure if i can be bothered to travel the other end of town for it so just seeing whats the highest price i can quote for it - Not really bothered if they say im too dear but if i get a good rate for it maybe its worth the trouble

If you decide it's too far, I'll happily quote for it, just let me know, ta.

ian1972

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 09:06:11 pm »
your in a simaler area to me and i no some of the cleaners ere are charging bout £15 for a smallish pub

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 09:08:18 pm »
The trouble with pub work is that it has to have someone there for you to clean inside. That means you have to fit your work in with the job and not the other way around.
I would therefore price this up at the top end of your price range. Many pubs have non standard windows as well, so if the window is 1 1/2times the size of your standard domestic, charge 1  1/2 times the value.
There aren't any kudos to cleaning a pub. Only hassle and commitment. So price well. Or you might regret getting the job a couple of cleans down the line.

Have no problem with my pubs, have keys for some, the others for instance wetherspoons managers are  in at 7am latest.
Now pubs are no smoking they are good to clean windows, 2 of my pubs i have been cleaning the windows  for last 14 years

PCNW

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 11:23:11 pm »
cheers for the replys
Tony im going to see them and see how things go if they dont accept my price il give you the details and what i quoted

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 07:25:08 am »
Anyone clean pubs ? How often and how much would be reasonable?

Find out what the last guy charged and halve it.  Try to get his phone number and phone him up to ask what he was charging.

martinsadie

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 06:30:05 pm »
i clean a couple monthly

NWH

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 06:41:30 pm »
Pubs are as reliable as the weather,they want you 1 day they don`t the next most have drastically reduced there window cleaning to a point they look awful.

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 08:58:01 pm »
Pubs are as reliable as the weather,they want you 1 day they don`t the next most have drastically reduced there window cleaning to a point they look awful.

I really have never had a problem,  in fact 3 of my pubs i have been doing for 14 years week in, week out, always pay, as i said no problem

NWH

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 09:03:01 pm »
You`ve been lucky then,not half as much trouble these days due to no smoking.

I really have never had a problem,  in fact 3 of my pubs i have been doing for 14 years week in, week out, always pay, as i said no problem

waynebarry

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 10:12:45 pm »
does anyone do Green King pubs Ive been told they have stopped having there windows cleaned for the winter?