This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Totus

Re: Calling All Homeowners
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 06:40:13 pm »
Can't door knock in Bedford Area - NO COLD CALLING ZONE.

Have picked up about £1700 new monthly work this year but need another £2k and looking for a quick hit.

It took 10 days a month for the last 8 months with 2 of us leafleting and we've dropped over 15,000 leaflets so far this year.....too much time not enough return.

Leaflets are good and have high impact as i used to do website and graphic design prior to window cleaning. Always picking up work when out and about and new customers says "been looking for ages" and I think "we'll i've dropped your area 4 BLOODY TIMES THIS YEAR!!! please just pick up the 'phone and call.

My thinking is that if they hear the advert (i'm looking to do this on saturady mornings only, NOT as a constant thing as I drive around, as I think i'd get shot!!!!) then if i mention on the jingle that "someone is available to quote you now ......blah blah blah" they might just act on it there and then.

That is why door knocking works, you are there and can quote in 5 mins. I believe that the only reason leaflets have a poor success rate is that a high % of people cannot be arsed with having someone pop around next week when they've got in from work, it's just another thing to schedule in.

As i said at the start of this thread, not sure about doing it but if it works it could work big time.

jonnyald

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 06:48:57 pm »
id say drive VERY  slowly ,  allow folk to  see you from behind their nets and  then they can take it all in  and come out to you  . a bit like when santa comes round  on his false sleigh that is towed by a car .      except you are in the daytime  ;D

Totus

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 06:49:58 pm »
Think how long it takes to leaflet drop 1000 houses?

1 person doing 2 a minute on average takes 1 hour to do 120
To do 1000 would take 8 HOURS and then you still have to go back and quote. More time, petrol etc...

A 30 second jingle played in 1 street would impact on roughly 100 houses minimum, say you get 2 call for quotes.....10 mins per quote and a bit of chat... let's call it 30 mins for two customers.

Start at 10am (not too early) and finish 3pm, 10 new customers 2000 houses covered and say £10 minimum per house £100 worth of new work.

4 weeks £400....food for thought?

I know figures can be bent to suit, but there is a definitive time saving here, and if it doesn't work what have you really lost a saturday afternoon and say £150-£200 to hire the gear.

Totus

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 06:52:35 pm »
id say drive VERY  slowly ,  allow folk to  see you from behind their nets and  then they can take it all in  and come out to you  . a bit like when santa comes round  on his false sleigh that is towed by a car .      except you are in the daytime  ;D

I might get some Mr Kipling cakes stacked up with the back doors open for some of the older folk...just to lure them out ;D

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 08:10:56 pm »
well it worked years ago with rag-a-bone men and balloons for the kids,but iv got a good idea keep the ice cream in the van sell this to all the kids following you round taking the p out of you and it might off set your fual costs ;D

Totus

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 08:19:14 pm »
Mick - Could even have water fights. They can bring there super-soakers.....i'll bring my pressure washer with a 0 degree jet on it. ;D

"water does not determine who is right,it determines who is left" ;D

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 08:26:49 pm »
Mick - Could even have water fights. They can bring there super-soakers.....i'll bring my pressure washer with a 0 degree jet on it. ;D

"water does not determine who is right,it determines who is left" ;D
;D

jonnyald

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 08:09:13 am »
so whens it happening TOTUS  ?    be sure to get a vid of it and put it on here ,  okay . 

Totus

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 09:52:18 am »
so whens it happening TOTUS  ?    be sure to get a vid of it and put it on here ,  okay . 

Probably early next year now as i've just hit a stroke of luck and managed to buy some work in. Yippee!!!

But i will be giving it ago, just need to do a little bit of research here and there.