Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MSTAV

for those who use there own canvassers
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:35:26 pm »
what pay structures do you put in place, also how do you go about it with the cancelations etc. I have my way I do this which is pay a tenner per new customer between the price of £5 to £15 which would be front only or full house if its over £15 they get whatever the clean comes to.
i pay out after the first clean has been carried out and state that any cancalations before the third clean must be replaced.
The canvasser i use thinks this isnt fair with the 3 month period.  I dont think im being harsh, if they are going to cancal it will more than likely be in the first few cleans as my poor loyal canvasser notices, he reckons i should gaurantee them for 2 cleans for which my answer is tough poo poo. How do you arrange the t's and c's with your's??.

Steve CM

Re: for those who use there own canvassers
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:40:15 pm »
where did you get the 3 month thing from?  ;)

it does sound a little compliacted in terms of the payment structure, just keep it simple. i still get dikheds even with all the terms and conditions etc, not as much as i used to without it, you just have to take them on the chin

MSTAV

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:01:21 pm »
Some rich window cleaner gave me the idea some time ago.  8)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 08:05:48 pm »
i have my own canvasser and i pay her the industry going rate (which i would have expected you would have charged me when you offered me canvassing services no more than 3 months ago then never responded to my numerous emails!!) 2x monthly 100% refund if cancel before first clean and and 50% refund if cancel before the second clean.

MSTAV

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 08:09:14 pm »
sorry. i gave up canvassing. Dont use that email address anymore

R W C

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:52:33 pm »
I pay 1st clean and replace any cancelations within 2cleans, hes averaging (spelling) £45 a hour, just got list off him for 1st cleans  tomorrow,  ;D

concept

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 09:09:11 pm »
i pay mine value of clean, and now will ask him for replacement if cancelled in 1st 3 months!

he has only done one morning so far, and done well for himself, similar to the £45 per hour mentioned earlier.

wish i was a canvasser!

oh actually, no, i don't, i am honest, hard working and reliable!  8)

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 10:51:24 pm »
I don't actually employ any canvassers at the moment but as soon as I get time to produce a quote form so that every house is priced exactly as I want it I will be.

I am thinking of paying them 1.5 times the clean price, paying them 1/2 the price of each of the first 3 cleans if any cancel in that time there payment stops.

What do you guys think?

Regards

Al

mick hay

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 11:30:50 am »
Im at the stage where thinking of taking on a canvasser.

Does anyone use the canvasser to get the appointment then you go and price up?

Or allow him to price up too?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 02:56:11 pm »
Seems waste of time mick, i understand the thinking but you are giving yourself more work on the other hand it would definitely stop the crap getting through as you would price properly and make sure that they were defintitely serious as they would not be just making a split decision on the door step!!

mick hay

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 04:29:06 pm »
I would prefer to price up tbh, i price very high, and dont think the canvasser would be confident enough to.....

Plus could price up for add ons!!!!

i know its more work, But i know i could get a higher price then the canvasser could< just dont have the time to go out knocking  :(

R W C

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 04:32:02 pm »
My canvasser gets better prices then me but then he gets the 1st clean so the higher the better he gets paid

mick hay

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 04:47:47 pm »
My canvasser gets better prices then me but then he gets the 1st clean so the higher the better he gets paid

How long has your canvasser been with you?...what does he bring in on average for you?

R W C

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 05:00:37 pm »
Minimum £50 a evening 5-7

mick hay

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 05:06:34 pm »
What would be the average job for that £50?   I have a minimum of £12.50   what do you set yours at for the canvasser?

R W C

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 05:50:32 pm »
minimum £10 but thats for 2 up 2 down, but the average price hes getting for me is £15

mick hay

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 05:54:21 pm »
Nice one, seems like you got a good canvasser there!!!

R W C

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 06:16:50 pm »
Hes my cousin, needs a job to support his family but going to uni too so it suits, he was worried that id only need him for a while but i reassured him that i want him to keep going till i employee, he use to be a salesman for the water company and double glazing, also picks up things 1st time of being told and done his home work on wfp and how to produce pure water so i leave it too him all he does is asks where im going to be then canvasses that area, all is happy  ;D

lyndy

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 07:15:16 pm »
how do most of you guys find your canvasser.

because i want asap cheers

Steve CM

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 07:15:46 pm »
just keep hold of him chris  ;)