This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sean Dyer

Re: for those who use there own canvassers
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 02:40:39 pm »
Sorry to ressurect this thread but how is your canvassers doing guys??

I am getting too busy to knock enough i will do weekends too but want someone out mid week in evening, if i could get £50 an evening like you are chris thatd be quality, i do £50 in no time in midday, weekends so someone else should do easy...

Its just getting them to price right and not rip you off, and not spreading the round too far, it needs to stay compact really...

DId you find someone mick?

sair

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 04:26:09 pm »
i use a canvasser pay 8.00 per hour 10 hours a week with bonus if job lasts more than three months  full first clean normally after threee months you know if they are going to last.

he targets jobs between £25-35 seems to work quite well, i personally dont take on customers less than £20.00 as this has been my minimum charge for last two years and only have 1/2 dozen of them

we do one off cleans if asked when his cavassing but minimum of £75.00

Essentially Pure Ltd

R W C

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 04:40:52 pm »
i use a canvasser pay 8.00 per hour 10 hours a week with bonus if job lasts more than three months  full first clean normally after threee months you know if they are going to last.

he targets jobs between £25-35 seems to work quite well, i personally dont take on customers less than £20.00 as this has been my minimum charge for last two years and only have 1/2 dozen of them

your not far from me I think, do you also sell water

Sean Dyer

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 04:49:19 pm »

Do you not think they will mess about on an hourly rate?

Plus arnt they technnically employed then and your liable for ni etc?

prestigeclean

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 05:00:36 pm »
my canvasser goes out at weekends and usually picks up £150 to £250 of new work i now pay whatever the price of the clean is up front as he,s been with me for a while now , i have told him to charge double for first cleans if the upvc is a mess as i,ve had a few cancel after the first clean and lets face it there,s a lot of work in cleaning the upvc when its a mess , i don,t claw back money if they cancel as i want to keep him as he prices well and gets good quality work , if you want to expand your business its a must to get your own canvasser and treat them as well as you can regards alan

Sean Dyer

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 05:05:00 pm »
my canvasser goes out at weekends and usually picks up £150 to £250 of new work i now pay whatever the price of the clean is up front as he,s been with me for a while now , i have told him to charge double for first cleans if the upvc is a mess as i,ve had a few cancel after the first clean and lets face it there,s a lot of work in cleaning the upvc when its a mess , i don,t claw back money if they cancel as i want to keep him as he prices well and gets good quality work , if you want to expand your business its a must to get your own canvasser and treat them as well as you can regards alan

Did it take a while for him to start pricing right alan, and at first did you pay the first clean after you'd done it, and was that what you paid him x1 clean??

Thanks For advice, i really want a canvasser been trying for ages, gonna have another big push to find one now as i feel its the next step...

Sean

Mike55

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 07:51:09 pm »
Hi Alan it sounds like your canvasser is doing a great job.

General question - when is the best time to go canvassing people?  My thoughts are weekends and maybe 5-8pm in the evenings.   Anyone do Sundays?

prestigeclean

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 08:07:25 pm »
if you want to keep a canvasser i  think you have to give them a bit of leeway on the pricing , my experience is that you will agree with most of there pricing but some are a bit underpriced but i don,t let it bother me , when i first started him i paid aftwer the first clean , which i think is advisable , you can tweak the pricing a bit as you go along but your main aim is to grow your business quickly so i think its unreasonable to expect everything to be spot on , overall i am very happy that i went down this route regards alan

Mike55

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 08:16:21 pm »
Alan - how did you find your canvasser?

prestigeclean

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 08:26:14 pm »
i advertised in the local rag for a door canvasser able to canvass on there own i had a guy reply and he worked very well for several months the guy i use now is a mate i used to sell door to door with years ago , i,ve found the best time to canvass is on a sunday between 11.30 and 5 regards alan

Sean Dyer

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 08:40:08 pm »
i advertised in the local rag for a door canvasser able to canvass on there own i had a guy reply and he worked very well for several months the guy i use now is a mate i used to sell door to door with years ago , i,ve found the best time to canvass is on a sunday between 11.30 and 5 regards alan

I find that when i do it myself...

Its in peoples heads that they dont want to is all

Mike55

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 08:48:20 pm »
I find that when i do it myself...

Its in peoples heads that they dont want to is all

sorry don't understand your second sentance?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 08:50:05 pm »
Alot dont want to knock on a sunday- but its a phsychological barrier that they imagine the rejection will be amplified by the fact its a "day of rest"

I find this is not the case and in fact it is the best time to knock

That make sense?

Mike55

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 08:53:13 pm »
Thanks - understood !

Cheers
Mike

prestigeclean

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2009, 09:27:45 am »
imo sunday is the very best day to knock , they are relaxed and able to listen to you and make a descision , i used to sell airiel photography door to door for a few years and all the guys that did it said the same , get out on a sunday you,ll pick up loads regards alan